Wayne Rooney

EdinRam

Freedom of Derby  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

12 minutes ago, Srg said:

I mean, it got out on Snapchat and Twitter... the papers didn't have it first. Secondly, and feel free to correct me if this has happened to you, but I don't tend to have a drink and relax then end up sleeping in a hotel room chair.

He was out with friends, there was no sexual activity, had a little too much to drink definitely. He's been really silly for a nearly 40 year old who's married. I just don't like the context of how it's acceptable for these young women to post pictures, "having a laugh" on the internet yet if the genders were reversed it'd be scorned upon.

Edited by SouthStandDan

DET: “Wayne Rooney informed the club today that the pictures had emerged and that they had been taken without his knowledge or approval," Derby told the Mirror.

“After taking counsel the matter was reported to Greater Manchester Police who are currently investigating the incident.

"While that remains the case, there will be no further comment.”

59 minutes ago, Anon said:

I love this argument that "he didn't do anything wrong" "he was just asleep". What do you think might have occurred in that hotel room if he hadn't fallen asleep? Married people on the forum, how would your spouse react if you met a couple of "models" in a bar and then totally innocently ended up in their hotel room?

Don’t blame those fans. Our collective moral barometer and understanding of what constitutes abnormal has been shifted so far, most of us don’t have any grip on reality at all.

Tom Lawrence could lead a seance in the Moor Farm canteen and awaken evil spirits which haunt the entire U18 squad and some fans would say “he’s done nothing wrong/this happens all the time at other clubs/it’s the EFL who have it in for us/I have a mate who’s haunted by demons and he’s alright”

Derby manager's representatives contact police over images | Football News | Sky Sports

"Wayne Rooney's representatives have contacted the police over what they believe was an illicit attempt to entrap the Derby boss with a range of explicit photographs...

...There is no suggestion that Rooney acted inappropriately, or even that he was aware what was going on around him.

People close to Rooney have confirmed to Sky Sports News that the matter has now been handed over to Greater Manchester Police, who have yet to comment."

1 hour ago, Anon said:

I love this argument that "he didn't do anything wrong" "he was just asleep". What do you think might have occurred in that hotel room if he hadn't fallen asleep? Married people on the forum, how would your spouse react if you met a couple of "models" in a bar and then totally innocently ended up in their hotel room?

On the one hand, I imagine Her Indoors would take a dim view. On the other, chance would be a fine thing.

18 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

We have zero idea of Curtis Davies’ tactical nouse or managerial competence.

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

DET: “Wayne Rooney informed the club today that the pictures had emerged and that they had been taken without his knowledge or approval," Derby told the Mirror.

“After taking counsel the matter was reported to Greater Manchester Police who are currently investigating the incident.

Edited by Jimbo Ram
error

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Derby manager's representatives contact police over images | Football News | Sky Sports

"Wayne Rooney's representatives have contacted the police over what they believe was an illicit attempt to entrap the Derby boss with a range of explicit photographs...

...There is no suggestion that Rooney acted inappropriately, or even that he was aware what was going on around him.

People close to Rooney have confirmed to Sky Sports News that the matter has now been handed over to Greater Manchester Police, who have yet to comment."

GMP commented last night that no such case was reported.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-57970044

8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

What was that Tammy Wynette song again Macca ? #inwazzawetrust

1 hour ago, Anon said:

Married female on forum view - bye bye Wayne! You dont innocently end up in a £60 (no idea if true or more garbage) hotel room at his age, married with kids and with his access to money. If it was in Manchester, he only lives just outside so presumably could have paid any price quoted to get a car home. Or for another hotel room. If this was Gazza would people be making the same excuses? Or here he goes again, how sad type comments? Presumably he has a management team to spin this and try and make it seem better and this is the best they could do? image.jpeg.2a30a25728fddbdf8490e88381ef5dc3.jpeg