El DerbyCo

roboto

6 minutes ago, SamUltraRam said:

Yes I do remember when Mel actually used to give interviews, he definitely stated that we were to be sold only if it's to someone who was 'safe hands' and could take the club forwards.

He also mocked some of the many chancers that had shown interest - how ironic !!

To be fair, it's well known that we're in a financial hole and also that Mel has had health issues and wants to get out asap. That will attract every chancer going - some more believable than others. Perhaps sitting back and waiting for concrete news that the takeover has been concluded might make more sense than taking part in the stream of hand-wringing, bed wetting and general attacks on Mel and each other that this board has been flooded by lately.....

3 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

To be fair, it's well known that we're in a financial hole and also that Mel has had health issues and wants to get out asap. That will attract every chancer going - some more believable than others. Perhaps sitting back and waiting for concrete news that the takeover has been concluded might make more sense than taking part in the stream of hand-wringing, bed wetting and general attacks on Mel and each other that this board has been flooded by lately.....

Less fun though.

12 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

Some of the criticism of Mel has gone a bit too far, however I don't think it is fair to expect us to sit in silence whilst we see mistake after mistake being made.

Mel owns and runs this club and the buck stops with him.

3 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I don't think it is fair to expect us to sit in silence

If a tree falls in a forest, does it make a sound? Do you really think that Mel or anybody on the Board uses this forum as some kind of business Guru. This thread is the equivalent of a Wolf howling at the moon. 

May make you feel better but ultimately is utterly useless. 

5 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

If a tree falls in a forest, does it make a sound? Do you really think that Mel or anybody on the Board uses this forum as some kind of business Guru. This thread is the equivalent of a Wolf howling at the moon. 

I think the phrase is "If a tree falls in a Forest, and no one is around to hear it, will it still remind everyone that they won back-to-back European Cups in the late 1970s" 

37 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

not many beating on the door though, we appear not to be an attractive to any other than the most desperate

45 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

In that case, what’s the point of a football forum?

3 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

In that case, what’s the point of a football forum?

For fans to express their views and have a debate with other members.....I never thought the idea was to influence the club and their decision-making. I think that would be more the case when fans attend the ground on match days, can influence things then. In some ways I would think Mel and Wazza are thankful grounds have been shut over the last few months....

2 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

For fans to express their views and have a debate with other members.....I never thought the idea was to influence the club and their decision-making. I think that would be more the case when fans attend the ground on match days, can influence things then. In some ways I would think Mel and Wazza are thankful grounds have been shut over the last few months....

Agreed. But I think the vast majority of comments on Mel's tenure have been with the view to expressing an honest opinion, as opposed to trying to influence the club in some way.

57 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

Utterly useless? 

We can't currently express our opinion in the stadium so where else are we supposed to do it? Of course I don't think the club makes decisions based off this forum but I absolutely believe that people from the club will read bits and pieces of it.

18 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Some of the criticism of Mel has gone a bit too far, however I don't think it is fair to expect us to sit in silence whilst we see mistake after mistake being made.

Mel owns and runs this club and the buck stops with him.

I'm not suggesting that you sit in silence - just that people may find their mental health benefits from waiting for the outcome of the takeover before attacking/ranting/blaming.....

1 hour ago, Spanish said:

not many beating on the door though, we appear not to be an attractive to any other than the most desperate

just becasue you've not heard about them doesn't mean that Mel hasn't already dismissed their interest....