El DerbyCo

roboto

2 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I keep reading things about an article John Percy wrote in which he referred to an American Consortium as "the dream"

Did anyone read that? If so was it about this American Consortium?

Think their were rumours at the time that they were linked with an agent or agency, which is what made it such a promising offer. Could be the alleged Sam Rush/Andy Appleby group that is a sports agency that represents a fair few sports stars in the UK - might make it easier to get people to join us - bit like Wolves I suppose.

6 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Why can’t I? Bought the club without using his own money, put future debt on the club, as a guarantor though. Helped spaff all the parachute money in advance. Made promises of “taking the Premier League by a force” (sic), and “we are not there to make up the numbers”, before funding the likes of Eddie Lewis and Andy Griffin. Stood outside Pride Park to announce signing of Myka Varynen, again, didn’t happen. As soon as he could offload the club, with all its future money tied up, he was off. 

I will keep my comments on his involvement with Lionel Pickering ending up broke to myself. 

Otherwise you quite like him ??

Just now, hintonsboots said:

Otherwise you quite like him ??

He’s a charmer. Through my career, I’ve known him to tell outright lies. The one that stuck with me most was taking him a sandwich and cuppa in Stuart Webb’s office then three hours later on live Radio declaring he’d not seen or spoken to Webb for at least 18 months after Webb accused of shady dealings on the board at Wilmorton College in 1994

2 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

He’s a charmer. Through my career, I’ve known him to tell outright lies. The one that stuck with me most was taking him a sandwich and cuppa in Stuart Webb’s office then three hours later on live Radio declaring he’d not seen or spoken to Webb for at least 18 months after Webb accused of shady dealings on the board at Wilmorton College in 1994

Sad to hear that. From my perspective he was brilliant to me and my two boys. Invited to a game, sat in directors box with the full works. Found him to be good company .

Just now, hintonsboots said:

Sad to hear that. From my perspective he was brilliant to me and my two boys. Invited to a game, sat in directors box with the full works. Found him to be good company .

He’s a nice guy and he’s quite kind and generous. He’s just a successful, ruthless businessman. 

27 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

A bit harsh mate, you can’t group him with the two individuals Mel has been negotiating with recently. I’d definitely have him back as part of a consortium. It’s a matter of opinions though.

You obviously don’t know him !!

So either Alonso is delusional (likely) thinking the deal is still on, or maybe the club have leaked this story on purpose to get Alonso to pull his finger out and to submit the funds the EFL have requested.

I know which one I think it is