El DerbyCo

roboto

1 hour ago, Sinistra ram rousse said:

I'm just amazed that nobody at Derby County did thorough research into this proposed takeover and before anyone says hindsight is a wonderful thing plenty of fans on this forum were expressing concerns from day 1. I despair at the way this club is being run at the moment.

I'm wondering just how many times Mel has been 419 scammed, given the welcome that seems forthcoming to so many seemingly dodgy investors.

42 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Interesting read, know way of knowing for sure what's what, but sounds pretty plausible from someone with no axe to grind:

https://footballtyper.com/2021/05/15/eric-alonso/

When fans of other clubs on the Internet are more capable of doing due diligence than our own club its frankly embarrassing for whoever at DCFC let this get so far. 

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

He said 'no more pink shirts' too! ? #COYR

I quite liked the pink shirts lol so he can buggar off. Anyways the main point we can agree on is that thank god he hasn’t brought the club and if he had we would definitely have the 4 unqualified coaches on for definite 

On 16/05/2021 at 13:15, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

When fans of other clubs on the Internet are more capable of doing due diligence than our own club its frankly embarrassing for whoever at DCFC let this get so far. 

Absolutely. Beggars belief that the Alonso bid got any further than an initial phone call, message or email. Perhaps suggests that Mr Morris is almost totally disengaged with DCFC at this point? Or does he rely on (bad) advisors?

• 2 weeks later...

It's going over old ground a bit, but Trevor Birch made some interesting comments about the lack of proof of funds with Alonso on Talksport yesterday.

Article from Telegraph, with the relevant bits. When you read it like that, it is sort of reassuring that the EFL will prevent someone with no money taking us over.