El DerbyCo

roboto

Could it be that Mel is just taking the pee out of the EFL. Letting them do the checks on all these no hopers, knowing full well the deals won't play out. 

Probably not as we are just a 'basket case' of a club after all but I still like the fact the EFL have  wasted their time doing the relevant checks on Sheikhy and Alonso. Let's do at least a couple more before we seal the real deal. 

41 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I keep reading things about an article John Percy wrote in which he referred to an American Consortium as "the dream"

Did anyone read that? If so was it about this American Consortium?

I think the American consortium and the 'dream' one were different groups. 

7 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Could it be that Mel is just taking the pee out of the EFL. Letting them do the checks on all these no hopers, knowing full well the deals won't play out. 

Probably not as we are just a 'basket case' of a club after all but I still like the fact the EFL have  wasted their time doing the relevant checks on Sheikhy and Alonso. Let's do at least a couple more before we seal the real deal. 

Yea, sure Mel wants to delay things so he can keep on funding the club ?

6 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

@RadioactiveWastelets get that deal sorted now while mels not with it. I’ve got a bag of haribo and some Oreos and 30 pound in crispy notes although I have my bank account of 75 million but it’s frozen atm. What you got on you. Any gum under the table or out? 

DONT NOT BELIEVE EVERYHTING YOU READ I AM THE AMERICAN INVESTORS SEE MY INSTA OF A BALD HEADED EAGLE SHOOTING AN AR-15 BACKED BY AN AMERICAN FLAG!

And yes, send me money to No Limits limits and restrictions ltd

What ever happened to us suing Sam Rush I can’t find anything about it? Interesting one to wind any Sam Rush haters up a bit, when googling him he’s now a CEO of 366 Group who as mentioned by a few work as an agency, one person they happen to represent who they congratulated on getting a job with Derby in November on their Instagram page... Stevie Mac! So Rush is STILL managing to get money out of us! 

14 minutes ago, YouRams said:

What ever happened to us suing Sam Rush I can’t find anything about it? Interesting one to wind any Sam Rush haters up a bit, when googling him he’s now a CEO of 366 Group who as mentioned by a few work as an agency, one person they happen to represent who they congratulated on getting a job with Derby in November on their Instagram page... Stevie Mac! So Rush is STILL managing to get money out of us! 

https://www.keystonelaw.com/news/employment-tribunal-finds-keystone-client-sam-rush-was-unfairly-dismissed-by-Derby-county

2 hours ago, Red Ram said:

In principle yes. But what happens if there's say a pandemic or something so fans can't go to the stadium and you have to start refunding season tickets? No business can guarantee never making a loss. I would like to see a new ownership model model based on something along these lines though. Ideally it needs to be every club though or it's going to be even harder to compete than it already is. 

Firstly this pandemic is a once in a century occurrence, extremely unlikely we'll see something like this again in our lifetimes. My point wasn't that we should never make a loss...the principle is that we shouldn't overspend. They're two different things. How? Because making a loss in a pandemic is involuntary, overspending in normal times is a choice.

Also don't believe every club has to follow this principle. Sustainability whilst being competitive is not a pipedream...the key is stability, recruiting players/managers on the up & selling when at maximum value. Clubs of our size get this wrong time & time again. Look at the clubs at the bottom of this division...Forest, Derby, Brum, Wendies, Middlesbrough (last season)...all spent big on fees & wages over last few seasons and all in a mess. Unless you can absolute blow all rivals out of the water with cash a la Man City or Wolves at this level, spending loads often does not equate to success.

8 minutes ago, Topram said:

Daily Mail:

”We understand the EFL found no grounds to deny Alonso as part of their owners and directors test, had he produced the money to do the deal. They asked him to deposit £35million in a holding account three weeks ago but have heard nothing since.

There were also concerns within the EFL about Alonso’s business plan and there were doubts over the credibility of the takeover, especially as the League were unable to determine if he even had a lawyer.”