El DerbyCo

roboto

8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Daily Mail:

”We understand the EFL found no grounds to deny Alonso as part of their owners and directors test, had he produced the money to do the deal. They asked him to deposit £35million in a holding account three weeks ago but have heard nothing since.

There were also concerns within the EFL about Alonso’s business plan and there were doubts over the credibility of the takeover, especially as the League were unable to determine if he even had a lawyer.”

I think that sums up the EFL fit and proper persons test. Awful.

53 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Before we all get too excited it's worth remembering that Percy is the club's preferred outlet. It's completely plausible that they have placed this story 'annonimously' in order to get Alonso to complete the deal.

Didnt someone have that theory regarding the Sheikh?!

36 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Daily Mail:

”We understand the EFL found no grounds to deny Alonso as part of their owners and directors test, had he produced the money to do the deal. They asked him to deposit £35million in a holding account three weeks ago but have heard nothing since.

There were also concerns within the EFL about Alonso’s business plan and there were doubts over the credibility of the takeover, especially as the League were unable to determine if he even had a lawyer.”

If only he had £millions to deposit from a huge cocaine smuggling empire the EFL would have approved him.

2 hours ago, Eddie said:

Go for it.

I had Maxwell's office number back in the day.

I'd be impressed, if you'd had Maxwell's house number.

Still, I don't suppose the Rich Blend with mere supporters unless necessary, and then it's often too latte.

8 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Daily Mail:

If that is true forcing a prospective  buyer to place money in what is known as an escrow account is a smart move, praise where praise is due

9 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Let's hope the powers that be are a bit more switched on now. 

To have your pants pulled down publicly once is unfortunate, twice is just incompetence. 

This is what worries me. We were always told that Derby would be sold 'ONLY' if it was in the best interests of the club, surely that requires a substantial level of due diligence. Or is it now a case of 'anyone will do'.

I just cant see a sale would have fell through 3 times if proper due diligence had been done on the prospective buyers to ensure they were the best fit for us.

It really concerns me who we could end up with, its almost like we have just been put up for sale on eBay.

36 minutes ago, MrPlinkett said:

This is what worries me. We were always told that Derby would be sold 'ONLY' if it was in the best interests of the club, surely that requires a substantial level of due diligence. Or is it now a case of 'anyone will do'.

I just cant see a sale would have fell through 3 times if proper due diligence had been done on the prospective buyers to ensure they were the best fit for us.

It really concerns me who we could end up with, its almost like we have just been put up for sale on eBay.

get the feeling we are marketing ourselves on a street corner like some cheap trollop.

40 minutes ago, MrPlinkett said:

Yes I do remember when Mel actually used to give interviews, he definitely stated that we were to be sold only if it's to someone who was 'safe hands' and could take the club forwards.

He also mocked some of the many chancers that had shown interest - how ironic !!