Keogh Sacked

Nuwtfly

• 2 months later...
6 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Loved him as a player but Keogh as a pundit? After his 48th 'errr, well, like you say' inside the first half I think folk would have been thinking maybe Ramage wasn't so bad after all.

9 minutes ago, glyn1957 said:

Don't know if it's been said before but I think the mail has an agenda against us ,and i would like to find out who is feeding them the.information that keeps leaking out .

It always seems to be Derby vs Keogh in the Mail, doesn't it? There's a good chance you can guess the most likely source.

Who on Earth at sky thought sticking Keogh on as a pundit for one of our games would be a good idea, given the current situation?! Absolute insanity that it was even ever considered. Sure you can decided to not discuss off the pitch issues on air, but everyone watching still knows about them. Won’t exactly make for comfortable watching, nor I suspect would it be particularly comfortable for Keogh himself.

1 hour ago, Curtains said:

Sportsmail understands Keogh had been invited by Sky Sports to analyse the Championship fixture at Pride Park on Friday, when he was expected only to discuss the game in question, rather than the events that took place earlier this season.

When Derby were informed of the possible studio line-up - as is normal for televised fixtures - it is thought they wrote to Keogh to remind him of the sensitive nature of the ongoing case.

But as things stand Keogh, after considering the matter carefully, is believed to have decided not to break his silence: the defender has not spoken publicly since he left the club.

After Derby refused in November to reconsider their decision to dismiss him, Keogh took his case to the EFL, who have yet to set a date for a hearing.

The pertinent bit.

35 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Who on Earth at sky thought sticking Keogh on as a pundit for one of our games would be a good idea, given the current situation?! Absolute insanity that it was even ever considered. Sure you can decided to not discuss off the pitch issues on air, but everyone watching still knows about them. Won’t exactly make for comfortable watching, nor I suspect would it be particularly comfortable for Keogh himself.

And why would Keogh initially accept the offer? This is yet another completely avoidable opportunity for the likes of The Mail to drag the club's name though the sewers. Keogh and his gobshite agent surely would appreciate that so their motivations are highly questionable to say the least. His legacy was already pretty tarnished, but this really scrapes the barrel.

2 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Loved him as a player but Keogh as a pundit? After his 48th 'errr, well, like you say' inside the first half I think folk would have been thinking maybe Ramage wasn't so bad after all.

Maybe if Ramage had employed a few "errrr"s, "like you say"s and "yeah, but no, yeah"s it mght have given him just the nanosecond he needed for his brain to remember not to say anything racist

7 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

And why would Keogh initially accept the offer? This is yet another completely avoidable opportunity for the likes of The Mail to drag the club's name though the sewers. Keogh and his gobshite agent surely would appreciate that so their motivations are highly questionable to say the least. His legacy was already pretty tarnished, but this really scrapes the barrel.

I think it's a shame he didn't accept the offer - Mel could then have banned him from club premises and they'd have had to present the programme from a couple of deckchairs on the pavement outside the ground....

1 hour ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Didn’t his agent say that he was so down about events that he couldn’t even bare to watch us anymore?