Keogh Sacked

Nuwtfly

2 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

This!

That interview with his agent on Talksport showed how far out of touch with reality his agent is/was. Mix this in with a bit of arrogance/ignorance to accept the reality of the situation and maybe even a sense of entitlement and you have the current situation. 

Agreed, his agent didn't come across great in that interview. The cynic in me thinks that he was more interested in protecting his own interests than Richard Keoghs. Especially when you factor in that RK is far and away the highest wage earner on that agents client list. The rest of his clients combined probably don't even earn anywhere near what Keogh earns, or should I say earnt.

10 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

This!

That interview with his agent on Talksport showed how far out of touch with reality his agent is/was. Mix this in with a bit of arrogance/ignorance to accept the reality of the situation and maybe even a sense of entitlement and you have the current situation. 

If his agents got anything about him, He'll forgo his 10% fee from Keoghs Job Seekers Allowance.

4 minutes ago, I Bought the Tee Shirt said:

I'm a Horny Thologist, There's a Goldfinch, Chafinch, Greenfinch, Bullfinch, Hawfinch and the lesser Comment Angryfinch.

What do you call a finch with a bad knee?

keogh

Edited by Spanish

Richard Keogh will appeal to the Football League over his sacking by Derby after his former club refused to reconsider their decision to dismiss him.

The defender was dismissed last month when he decided not to accept the offer of a vastly reduced salary for the remainder of his £1.3million-a-year contract, which was due to expire at the end of next season.

Keogh contested the move to terminate his contract, with the support of the Professional Footballers' Association, earlier this month, but the new submissions have been rejected by his former club. 

Talk about expecting turkeys to vote for Xmas ..

Yes Richard now we have listened to your argument we have realised the error of our ways and even though we have taken all the flak on social media and ridden the storm out, we are now going to reinstate you on considerably more than we offered you before...say £10k a week?.. for you to  sit on your backside for the next 18months..that do you?  

Despite the fact Keogh apparently contributed to his injuries (has this ever been 100% confirmed there was no seat belt worn) he will still be able to claim for injuries sustained if the driver was to blame (erm slam dunk that one). What is likely is that the amount of the award will be substantially reduced if keogh wasn't wearing a seat belt.

Right or wrong keogh clearly feels he is hard done by, so i think any loyalty to the club or lawrence go out the window.

The fact that,  allegedly, lawrence fled the scene and did not assist keogh,  or call for help may have worsened the injury.