End of season celebrations.

Sadly the minority will go on the pitch. That bit is inevitable. 

I hope after ten minutes they return to their seats so the team can come back out.

Someone said do it in the directors box - that’s unfair on the players and unfair on the fans who stay in their seats.

I would like to think the players can walk around the pitch with their families with unlimited space and over the Tannoy each player can be introduced and thanked appropriately.

First of all get up, second 2000 people will go on the pitch for 5 or 6 minutes, then they go back and 5 minutes later the players will appear.  It's happened that way since fences went.  Won't be any different tomorrow.  Will we have fireworks like Forest did for staying up over Burton is the real question.. 

Only been on the pitch once after we beat Forest in the cup 2 nil a few years ago.

It was never a preconceived idea just the spur of the moment had a few beers before the game in Derby and never thought we would win.

51 minutes ago, cstand said:

Only been on the pitch once after we beat Forest in the cup 2 nil a few years ago.

It was never a preconceived idea just the spur of the moment had a few beers before the game in Derby and never thought we would win.

1983 is more than a few years ago @cstand 😉😅🐏🐏🐏🐏🐏

18 minutes ago, Sheff Ram said:

Anyone slightly worried that me might be in trouble with EFL?

Ref blew whistle 2 minutes into injury time and everyone piled on the pitch, when the announced ET was 4 minutes.

We didn’t make the ref blow the whistle, he’s a bottle job, saw 30,000 rampant Rams lingering on the touchline and shat his pants 

23 minutes ago, Sheff Ram said:

Anyone slightly worried that me might be in trouble with EFL?

Ref blew whistle 2 minutes into injury time and everyone piled on the pitch, when the announced ET was 4 minutes.

I doubt it. If the ref has issue then it should have been paused rather than just blowing the whistle early.

I did think I can see the game being paused/postponed the way some fans were acting.

4 minutes ago, oodledoodle said:

They said "please wait for the final whistle before going on the pitch". In my mind that's permission.

I'm not sure they did? 🤷‍♂️
Wasn't it more along the lines of "Please do not go on the pitch before the final whistle".

That's entirely different to your quote, and covers their arses when it comes to thousands breaking the law on their property!

Yes, it was inevitable.  No, there was nothing more the club could have done to avoid the invasion.  But that still does not make it right or acceptable.

... and as for the atmosphere once they were on the pitch... Embarrassingly non-existent, imo.
If we'd have partied like that back in the '80's, it would have been called a wake!  👀

Children sliding around on the hallowed turf, and grown-ups wandering aimlessly wondering "What happens now".  No "scenes".  Very little jumping around singing and cheering. No passion.  No emotion.  I repeat... embarrassing. 
To be fair, having a good overview of the proceedings from my seat, I suspect the majority were puffed out after all that exercise!  Looked like most of them had never been near a sports pitch before!  

It was fully expected of course (as a lot of anti-social/selfish behaviour is nowadays!), so it certainly didn't spoil my afternoon, but I still maintain a lap of honour by the players, management, and Mr Clowes... along with their nearest and dearest... would have been much more preferable... especially in front of 25k+ still in the stands.
But much of the stands were nigh on empty within 5 minutes of the final whistle.  When the (majority of the ) pitch invaders eventually left the pitch, they weren't miraculously full again, which would imply most had given up, and headed home.
Check out the numbers still there once the trophy was brought out.  It was like the raffle results at a village fete!  

1 minute ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

We didn’t make the ref blow the whistle, he’s a bottle job, saw 30,000 rampant Rams lingering on the touchline and shat his pants 

I'd argue he took a reasonable decision in the circumstances, no shatting of pants, more acceptance of reality. 

I wouldn't be surprised if was prearranged to cut short time added on at the moment the most players possible could dash the tunnel, that's what Sibley inferred in his interview.