End of season celebrations.

3 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

I'm honestly not sure how anyone could begrudge a massing of people on the pitch if we do go up. The club are saying what they need to say the same as any other club does. But it's a moment of ecstasy which almost every other club does if they achieve promotion. It's a fantastic moment (I still remember scampering onto the pitch during Southampton play off semi) and it will always linger in my head. Why would I want to deny a 13 year old their opportunity now?

Yes, of course, some cannot come onto the pitch. Ideally, the club gives us 10 minutes to bask in the warmth or rain and then is strict in getting us off the hallowed turf so they can come on and do the lap of honour in front of everyone. 

But will they clear it on 10 mins, but is worrying after what happened to the Barnsley player. Its easy to say that wont happen here, but times have changed and things seem to get out of hand quicker. You only have to see how much knife crime there is now.

Just now, Kathcairns said:

But will they clear it on 10 mins, but is worrying after what happened to the Barnsley player. Its easy to say that wont happen here, but times have changed and things seem to get out of hand quicker. You only have to see how much knife crime there is now.

They may or may not. If they don't they'll have to do the celebrations as tradition is from the directors box in front of the fans. Obviously hopefully no-one will be an idiot but I'm not that worried as this will be a pitch invasion where people are happy rather than one fuelled with anger and frustration. 

3 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

They may or may not. If they don't they'll have to do the celebrations as tradition is from the directors box in front of the fans. Obviously hopefully no-one will be an idiot but I'm not that worried as this will be a pitch invasion where people are happy rather than one fuelled with anger and frustration. 

You can say that, but why cant you all go on pitch when everyone as had a chance to applaud the players. Is also nice to see the players kids come round with them.

2 minutes ago, Kathcairns said:

You can say that, but why cant you all go on pitch when everyone as had a chance to applaud the players. Is also nice to see the players kids come round with them.

In all honesty if a pitch invasion is about spontaneity and an outburst of exuberance then going on 30 minutes after they've walked around kind of misses the point doesn't it.... 

Just now, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Do you nip abroad for RamsTV?

No.  I've only watched live RamsTV when Mel lobbed it in as a freebie during covid.

... But to help you out though, I have been done for breach of the peace (aka football hooliganism) many years ago (1981? v Watford) and have racked up 9 speeding points, albeit not all at the same time, so I'm clearly no saint. Why, I even have a French speeding fine on record... and even an eviction from a Sheffield football stadium, due to my half time behaviour in their toilets (True story, bro!)

I've even had a WPC approach me at the back of the away terrace at Stamford Bridge to ask me to refrain from exposing my genitalia out of the bottom of my shorts... but that's such a long and boring story and not at all embarrassing*, so I won't bore you all with the details!

Would you prefer I backed out of the debate, now my past misdemeanours have been publicly aired and shamed me for eternity?  Or can I crack on wumming this thread, as it's my all time favourite to date!  🤷‍♂️

*Not embarrassing for me, but it clearly was for the WPC, who had obviously drew the short straw, as her 3 male colleagues looked on in raptures!  Poor lass!  

25 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Yes, of course, some cannot come onto the pitch. Ideally, the club gives us 10 minutes to bask in the warmth or rain and then is strict in getting us off the hallowed turf so they can come on and do the lap of honour in front of everyone. 

Will this include police dogs off the leash, and half a dozen batons?
Can I change my vote?

5 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

In all honesty if a pitch invasion is about spontaneity and an outburst of exuberance then going on 30 minutes after they've walked around kind of misses the point doesn't it.... 

Well in my opinion thats a very selfish view.dosnt matter about the thousands in the stands then who have spent thousands over the years for season tickets.

7 minutes ago, Kathcairns said:

Well in my opinion thats a very selfish view.dosnt matter about the thousands in the stands then who have spent thousands over the years for season tickets.

I wouldn't use the word selfish as I think it's misplaced and I'm not sure what money people have contributed to the club has anything to do with it. There are competing ways people express their joy and I wouldn't place one above the other which is why I hope after 10 minutes people leave the pitch and allow the players to come out so everyone can have what they would ideally like. 

12 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

I wouldn't use the word selfish as I think it's misplaced and I'm not sure what money people have contributed to the club has anything to do with it. There are competing ways people express their joy and I wouldn't place one above the other which is why I hope after 10 minutes people leave the pitch and allow the players to come out so everyone can have what they would ideally like. 

Lets agree to differ🍻

13 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Lets agree to differ🍻

47 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

But those of us in the west stand will see nothing other than the backs of heads of those we want to see celebrating - please stay off the pitch everyone and show some consideration to these who can't or don't want to go on to the pitch.

1 hour ago, Leeds Ram said:

I'm honestly not sure how anyone could begrudge a massing of people on the pitch if we do go up. The club are saying what they need to say the same as any other club does. But it's a moment of ecstasy which almost every other club does if they achieve promotion. It's a fantastic moment (I still remember scampering onto the pitch during Southampton play off semi) and it will always linger in my head. Why would I want to deny a 13 year old their opportunity now?

Edited by Amberram
Spot on

29 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Agree, I don’t get the judgement of others. Would argue as many people be on the pitch as want to see this lap of honour!

Those up in the upper stands will see soon enough as to whether they'll be an invasion, As fans will start to congregate at the bottom of the lower stands, My guess is there will be a larger contingent of stewards to "try" and stop any incursion of the pitch.

The South Stand and East Stand Lower will be where the "tidal wave" will come from...if at all

If promoted lets all enjoy the day...dispersal order/pitch invasion or not 😊 

48 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I’m not sure it’s that spontaneous given some people are already declaring their intent.

Good point well made sir.

Reeks of a mobocracy to me!  There's probably a meeting going on right now... underneath Friargate somewhere, I'd wager... along with the other rats!