End of season celebrations.

9 hours ago, Chester40 said:

With 'only' 9 years on the forum I'm a relative newbie...

However it has struck me this would be my first promotion as a DCFCfan member. Nigh on a decade of posting with jack-all to celebrate is quite impressive. 

Hopefully the whole forum can be buzzing tomorrow as we all experience an actual proper 'thing' tomorrow for the first time!!!!

We were promoted the first two seasons I had a season ticket, all seemed very easy. I even remember going to Villa Park where if we'd won we'd have gone top of the league. It's not quite been all downhil since then but I've definitely learnt to enjoy the good bits because there can be a lot of average inbetween.

I think the last time I was on the pitch was after the Southampton game (thanks Iñigo). Had been working in Swansea until mid afternoon, three trains and a taxi from the station got into PPS 10 minutes into the game - had to walk home in a suit that was totally drenched but it didn't matter by then.

Genuinely curious if Pompey fans had similar debates about how to celebrate promotion! Or other teams…

I really don’t care to be honest how we celebrate! Never realised people loved a lap of honour so much! Do feel is somewhat naive to expect fans not to be on the pitch tomorrow though. the place will go crazy after the last fifteen years and especially the last three or four!

Hope everyone just tries to enjoy themselves and not worry about what others are doing too much!

2 minutes ago, Rich3478 said:

Genuinely curious if Pompey fans had similar debates about how to celebrate promotion! Or other teams…

I really don’t care to be honest how we celebrate! Never realised people loved a lap of honour so much! Do feel is somewhat naive to expect fans not to be on the pitch tomorrow though. the place will go crazy after the last fifteen years and especially the last three or four!

Hope everyone just tries to enjoy themselves and not worry about what others are doing too much!

Just that older people and small kids like to see their team walk round, and they cant get on the pitch.

Seeing as I'm not planning on going on the pitch, I'm thinking of letting a couple of flares off in the NE corner.  Oh, and drinking straight from my celebratory bottle of sherry whilst in full view of the pitch, of course.

Afterall, it's no more "against the rules" than a pitch invasion, and we're clearly not fussed what David Clowes and his goody two shoes management/staff think... let alone the law... sod it.  Let's do it!
I might even eff 'n Jeff my way through the whole game too, and bugger those kiddies over the other side of the stairs.  Let's face it, we're all different, when it comes to how we roll when celebrating.

We'll all be avin' a riot, we'll all be avin' a riot, we'll all be avin' a riot, when Derby County rise!  👀

9 minutes ago, Kathcairns said:

Just that older people and small kids like to see their team walk round, and they cant get on the pitch.

I think kids will love seeing a pitch invasion personally!

16 minutes ago, Rich3478 said:

Never realised so many of us love to break the law, and defy the club's wishes/instructions so much.

1 minute ago, Mucker1884 said:

Never realised so many of us love to break the law, and defy the club's wishes/instructions so much.

Like I said I’m genuinely not fussed either way, but at no point did I look at the leverkusen or Pompey fans and think, “they’re all breaking the law and defying the clubs wishes”

I'm honestly not sure how anyone could begrudge a massing of people on the pitch if we do go up. The club are saying what they need to say the same as any other club does. But it's a moment of ecstasy which almost every other club does if they achieve promotion. It's a fantastic moment (I still remember scampering onto the pitch during Southampton play off semi) and it will always linger in my head. Why would I want to deny a 13 year old their opportunity now?

Yes, of course, some cannot come onto the pitch. Ideally, the club gives us 10 minutes to bask in the warmth or rain and then is strict in getting us off the hallowed turf so they can come on and do the lap of honour in front of everyone. 

1 minute ago, Rich3478 said:

Like I said I’m genuinely not fussed either way, but at no point did I look at the leverkusen or Pompey fans and think, “they’re all breaking the law and defying the clubs wishes”

Well, that goes without saying.  I assumed nothing else.  👍