End of season celebrations.

Some fun sponges on here today!

I don’t see the fascination personally with laps of honour, they’re pretty boring. Show your support and appreciation during the 90 minutes. But, on occasions like tomorrow, if promotion is secured then it would be nice. Therefore I’m sure we will have both. A pitch invasion of pure relief and ecstasy, it’s been a rough 2 years. Emotions will be high so you can’t begrudge fans going on the pitch. Then clear off for the lap of honour. It happened v Palace and can happen again. Stop worrying about it and enjoy the day!

2 hours ago, Kathcairns said:

But will they clear it on 10 mins, but is worrying after what happened to the Barnsley player. Its easy to say that wont happen here, but times have changed and things seem to get out of hand quicker. You only have to see how much knife crime there is now.

Knife crime? Let’s not be daft here

2 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

Sounds like it’ll just be me and @Mucker1884 left in the stands at full time. I’ll give you a wave. 

@Kathcairns is also putting up a determined stance, to be fair.

... But I reckon she'll crack.  She'll probably be on there before the final whistle, if we go 3 up!  😉😁

4 hours ago, Rich3478 said:

Like I said I’m genuinely not fussed either way, but at no point did I look at the leverkusen or Pompey fans and think, “they’re all breaking the law and defying the clubs wishes”

Unfortunately some of the Pompey fans who went on the pitch assaulted a Barnsley player , always some idiots who spoil the atmosphere and DCFC can’t afford any more EFL problems 

I think some of you need to pop over to the Derby County flags thread... some latest pics appear to show posts and netting twixt seats and pitch, and it doesn't look like it's there to keep the birds off! 👀

Could Mr Clowes have pulled a fast one?  🤷‍♂️

DC:  "I didn't get to where I am today by letting the peasants run amok over my lawn"!

12044.jpg

sas-evil.gif

11 hours ago, Sweetness34 said:

I think after the past few years in which we very nearly went out of existence amongst other things, it must surely be hard to begrudge people celebrating this (pottential) great achievement by going way over the top.

You don't get pitch invations at places like Old Trafford or Anfield because they're used to success and take it for granted.

But for us, what have we had to celebrate? Other than the two promotions in the 80s when I was too young to remember, we've had Promotion in 1996 and Promotion in 2007. Great days by the way.

But that's it. I'm nearly 40 and should everything go the way we hope, this is the third big celebration in my life and the first since I was 21.

I'm going to forget myself, the boring law abiding citezen that I am and for one day and one day only I'm going to run as hard and fast onto that pitch and try and plant a big fat kiss on any one of this season's heroes, I will soak it all up with my fellow rams fans, then I'll head back to the stand and applaud the players, manager and staff before heading into town until god knows when.

I'm so excited, it genuinly feels exactly the same as creeping down the stairs on Christmas morning full of anticpation for what's behind the living room door. 

So I'll behave, I won't be a thug, but I will forget my age and responsibilites for a day and enjoy feeling like a big kid on Christmas

You may not be a thug but this is rather selfish - the fanbase attending will not all be young or fit enough to even do it and then

will miss out on the players tour round. Do you think the players and their kids will come on the pitch with uncontrolled supporters

milling around.? What do you think the players will prefer?

33 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Now don't be doing this will you?!

Just seen this earlier, have been telling my family for years to sprinkle some of mine on PP when nobody looking. Better not now🤣😂

20 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I think some of you need to pop over to the Derby County flags thread... some latest pics appear to show posts and netting twixt seats and pitch, and it doesn't look like it's there to keep the birds off! 👀

Could Mr Clowes have pulled a fast one?  🤷‍♂️

DC:  "I didn't get to where I am today by letting the peasants run amok over my lawn"!

12044.jpg

sas-evil.gif

Thankfully that is just the temporary netting they use for shooting practice in the North stand so Washington doesn't hit Rita in row Z.