End of season celebrations.

58 minutes ago, On the Ram Page said:

Invading the pitch would spoil the celebrations of many fans sat above ground level access to the pitch. Why can’t people wait and let the players /staff do their lap of honour so everyone can see, join in and applaud the efforts made during the season. 

to my mind it is a selfish act to invade the pitch.

I think after the past few years in which we very nearly went out of existence amongst other things, it must surely be hard to begrudge people celebrating this (pottential) great achievement by going way over the top.

You don't get pitch invations at places like Old Trafford or Anfield because they're used to success and take it for granted.

But for us, what have we had to celebrate? Other than the two promotions in the 80s when I was too young to remember, we've had Promotion in 1996 and Promotion in 2007. Great days by the way.

But that's it. I'm nearly 40 and should everything go the way we hope, this is the third big celebration in my life and the first since I was 21.

I'm going to forget myself, the boring law abiding citezen that I am and for one day and one day only I'm going to run as hard and fast onto that pitch and try and plant a big fat kiss on any one of this season's heroes, I will soak it all up with my fellow rams fans, then I'll head back to the stand and applaud the players, manager and staff before heading into town until god knows when.

I'm so excited, it genuinly feels exactly the same as creeping down the stairs on Christmas morning full of anticpation for what's behind the living room door. 

So I'll behave, I won't be a thug, but I will forget my age and responsibilites for a day and enjoy feeling like a big kid on Christmas

Edited by Sweetness34

The club are not asking... they are telling... don't do it.
The law says... don't do it.
"The best way to gain promotion is by the Play-Offs" is oft-written... do they invade the pitch at Wembley?
Hysterically approaching a player who has yet to make himself safe by dashing down the tunnel, just to "Plant a big fat kiss" could (understandably) be misconstrued as a potential attack/assault.  Remember, there will be confusion, concern, and uncertainty from some quarters.

All it takes... literally... is one jubilant fan being tripped/nudged/held back by a viz'd up official whose sole job/instruction is to attempt to fend off a pitch invasion for the mood to change.  Just one defensive/evasive swing of the arm can be caught on the numerous cameras, and have you stood in the dock before you can say "I wish I'd listened to Uncle Mucker"!

#only fools rush on
#keep it classy
#pitch for players, stands for fans
#we'll all be havin' a party, when Derby County rise

I'm not a fan of pitch invasions - and I'm not being the fun police here, quite the opposite. As has been pointed out, it risks cancellation of laps of honour, presentations and a chance to actually see the players celebrate.

I'd rather watch PW start the bounce with an ecstatic squad with him than watch 22 knackered footballers run for their life towards the tunnel.

There is generally some numpty who assaults an opposing player - which is utterly cringeworthy.

It's easy to fix. EFL says non-negotiable 20 point deduction for mass pitch invasions like they apply a non-negotiable deduction for going into admin - and they just wouldn't happen.

I don't believe there is any realistic chance of a points deduction if there's a pitch invasion tomorrow but, if the EFL are genuinely concerned about player safety, they should bring in some rule for future seasons.

1 hour ago, Sweetness34 said:

I think after the past few years in which we very nearly went out of existence amongst other things, it must surely be hard to begrudge people celebrating this (pottential) great achievement by going way over the top.

You don't get pitch invations at places like Old Trafford or Anfield because they're used to success and take it for granted.

But for us, what have we had to celebrate? Other than the two promotions in the 80s when I was too young to remember, we've had Promotion in 1996 and Promotion in 2007. Great days by the way.

But that's it. I'm nearly 40 and should everything go the way we hope, this is the third big celebration in my life and the first since I was 21.

I'm going to forget myself, the boring law abiding citezen that I am and for one day and one day only I'm going to run as hard and fast onto that pitch and try and plant a big fat kiss on any one of this season's heroes, I will soak it all up with my fellow rams fans, then I'll head back to the stand and applaud the players, manager and staff before heading into town until god knows when.

I'm so excited, it genuinly feels exactly the same as creeping down the stairs on Christmas morning full of anticpation for what's behind the living room door. 

So I'll behave, I won't be a thug, but I will forget my age and responsibilites for a day and enjoy feeling like a big kid on Christmas

That's just you though. Can you vouch for all the others running on the pitch? I don't think anyone would deny that we have our fair share of morons. All it could take is for one Carlisle player to react to being blocked from reaching the tunnel and react in a way you might not expect. 

I agree with @Ian Buxton's Bat's comment that a pitch invasion, whilst it might give a few their moment of jumping around on the pitch, it might deprive the majority of enjoying the bounce started by PW and the players (and their families) lap of appreciation (unless the pitch can be cleared fairly quickly).

9 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

That's just you though. Can you vouch for all the others running on the pitch? I don't think anyone would deny that we have our fair share of morons. All it could take is for one Carlisle player to react to being blocked from reaching the tunnel and react in a way you might not expect. 

I agree with @Ian Buxton's Bat's comment that a pitch invasion, whilst it might give a few their moment of jumping around on the pitch, it might deprive the majority of enjoying the bounce started by PW and the players (and their families) lap of appreciation (unless the pitch can be cleared fairly quickly).

Of course I cannot vouch for anyone else and I'm not saying I'm right by the way. Just confessing to liking a pitch invasion and (perhaps naively) picture the day being like 1996 where there's the initial euphoria of fans celebrating on the pitch followed by a jubilent lap of honour.

I'm probably getting too excited and I am more than likely in the wrong, just being honest on how I see things mate.

Anyone remember the end of the 11 points season where they announced if we went on the pitch, then the players wouldn't come out for a lap of appreciation? Cue everyone singing "don't come out" at full volume, while standing by the advertising boards, ready to jump over.

1 hour ago, Ian Buxton's Bat said:

I'm not a fan of pitch invasions - and I'm not being the fun police here, quite the opposite. As has been pointed out, it risks cancellation of laps of honour, presentations and a chance to actually see the players celebrate.

I'd rather watch PW start the bounce with an ecstatic squad with him than watch 22 knackered footballers run for their life towards the tunnel.

This is it for me. If we go up I will be overjoyed and I want to see the spontaneous final whistle celebrations of players and staff and who knows PW starting the bounce without them having to run off and celebrate in the tunnel/dressing room. If we go up and there is a pitch invasion we will have VAR subdued and delayed celebrations and perhaps nothing after. But we all know it will happen

1 minute ago, CBRammette said:

This is it for me. If we go up I will be overjoyed and I want to see the spontaneous final whistle celebrations of players and staff and who knows PW starting the bounce without them having to run off and celebrate in the tunnel/dressing room. If we go up and there is a pitch invasion we will have VAR subdued and delayed celebrations and perhaps nothing after. But we all know it will happen

I'm sure in the past they've done the "appreciation" from the directors box while we applauded from the pitch. Did I just dream that happening?

3 minutes ago, oodledoodle said:

I'm sure in the past they've done the "appreciation" from the directors box while we applauded from the pitch. Did I just dream that happening?

I remember Gary Teale up there listening to us singing that song about how he "used to be sh*t but now he's alright" 🤣

That was during that wierd period where we went on the pitch for no reason, or am I remembering it wrong now? We did it after beating Milwall to stay up but I'm sure we did it whilst finishing mid table.

19 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Unfortunately, if we make it, that pitch is getting invaded quicker than a peasant village in medieval times.

Only its the peasants doing the invading.

Can't we just be happy about that 🤷‍♂️

But... but... those peasants are revolting! 

Knowing the likelihood of this perhaps plans could have been made for a half way house like at other events where fans come on pitch but there is a sort of safety area around the tunnel area kept free for club/player celebrations keeping everyone happy. The scenes outside ground few years back where players celebrated with fans were brilliant but not all fans can get to or run onto the pitch. I do get the joyous spontaneity of fans running on but it stops the team celebrating in safety

7 minutes ago, oodledoodle said:

Its such s long time ago sure we have all forgotten!

2 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

The club are not asking... they are telling... don't do it.
The law says... don't do it.
"The best way to gain promotion is by the Play-Offs" is oft-written... do they invade the pitch at Wembley?
Hysterically approaching a player who has yet to make himself safe by dashing down the tunnel, just to "Plant a big fat kiss" could (understandably) be misconstrued as a potential attack/assault.  Remember, there will be confusion, concern, and uncertainty from some quarters.

All it takes... literally... is one jubilant fan being tripped/nudged/held back by a viz'd up official whose sole job/instruction is to attempt to fend off a pitch invasion for the mood to change.  Just one defensive/evasive swing of the arm can be caught on the numerous cameras, and have you stood in the dock before you can say "I wish I'd listened to Uncle Mucker"!

#only fools rush on
#keep it classy
#pitch for players, stands for fans
#we'll all be havin' a party, when Derby County rise

I've just seen the latest post from the club warning us and I've changed my stance. I'll stay in my seat because I'm too much of a goody two shoes to risk a criminal record and certainly don't want a club ban.

If there's 10,000 + on there then I'll venture on but calmly 😄

Right, obviously not everyone will be happy with whatever happens so here’s a compromise. Assuming we get whatever is needed to get us promoted, at the final  whistle the scoreboard clock is reset, the inevitable pitch invasion starts and you have 5 minutes exactly to get your instagram photos or whatever. Then a siren is sounded and the police dogs are unleashed to sort out anyone left on the pitch. Sorted.