End of season celebrations.

I was very reluctant to go onto the pitch but my lad was desperate to, so we went on from the West Lower. We ran straight over to Cash and Nels and they ended up on fans’ shoulders. I’ve posted photos on the match day thread, but I’ve got some amazing videos. They’re absolutely loving it, it was pure, joyous celebration. Then Korey Smith was up, Sibs, CBT, Ebou, all going mental and celebrating with the fans.

I’m so pleased we went on and were able to get that close, my son and I will remember it forever and I’m sure the players will. 

12 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

I must concede...

I wasn't aware (Due to my ageing eyesight and distance from the pitch) of players being in the thick of the "invasion" until I saw Eboooooo come grinning out of the throngs on the big screen.  That must have been at least 10 mins, so he clearly wasn't in a rush to get down the tunnel.  I've since seen video snippets of players sipping from cans, riding shoulders, and waving flanges... and all seemingly all enjoying their time out there.
For that alone, I take back some comments.  I concede I was wrong on those points.

As I witness very little social media, I miss out... through conscious choice, I hasten to add... on all the parent/kiddy stuff, all the look at us pics, all the insta-this and tweetex-that.
I'm a great believer that memories belong in one's head, not on a screen, a tablet... or even a photo album, come to that!

From a fan looking down from the stands, as I've posted earlier elsewhere, it did LOOK good.  Excellent in fact. 
But that was no party out there.  There was very little evidence... in real time... with real eyes and ears... of celebration, joy, or even pure unadulterated relief. 
I never once, for one solitary second, regretted staying at my seat, and wishing I was down there joining in "all the fun"!  There was nothing to tempt me down there.  Just folk ambling around, clearly not knowing what to do next!
Now I know that most folk on the pitch were busy concentrating on focusing their cameras and making sure their tweets got through the thick cloud, I understand why there was little in the way of chanting, of jumping up and down with glee, of actual olde-worlde unrehearsed celebration.
I repeat my words from earlier... a celebration of that ilk back in the eighties was reserved for a wake, not a football promotion party.  For someone who lived, thrived, and occasionally instigated proceedings throughout that era, then yes, by comparison, today's scenes were embarrassing.  They were tin-pot.  I know that, as I have memories.  I just don't have photographic and/or digital memories.  Just actual memories!

Hey, I appreciate times have changed.  I appreciate I am ageing rapidly every day.  I appreciate that folk out there were totally enjoying the experience... as was I... but to claim it was a fantastic atmosphere is phoney in my opinion, as I've witnessed fantastic atmosphere... and been at the heart of it... and today simply didn't compare.
Today, as a whole, was a great day, but I will maintain to my dying days that the after-match celebrations were nothing short of a let down.  They were certainly nothing special.  

And hear this... after the announcement/request to leave the pitch to allow the players to receive their trophy... that's right, a trophy... at least 50% of those leaving the pitch headed straight for the exits. 
Yes, I know, not one of you did.  I know all of you went straight back to the stands and stayed to the very end, but don't dare tell me that nobody headed for the exits... Remember, I had a birds eye view.  And no... I can't prove it, as I keep my phone tucked away in my pocket!
They had had their selfish time on the pitch.  They had had their pics, their tweets, and their instas.  They didn't give a s*** about the players, and their hard-earned trophy.  And for that alone, they can feckoff!  

You're one of my favourite posters Mucker, but on this I have to say that you really are quite, quite wrong.

31 minutes ago, Rich3478 said:

You seem to have taken nothing but negatives from the best day in our recent history. Maybe get a new hobby mate 

embarassing and shameful 🙈

Not at all.  It's just that all of my negativity throughout my entire posting career (14k+ posts) seem to all be in this thread.  Just the one negative approach to one specific topic. 🤷‍♂️

I shouldn't worry about it mate.  Having a different opinion and/or outlook on life does not make one wrong or less Derby.  It's what forums are for.

3 minutes ago, Grimbeard said:

You're one of my favourite posters Mucker, but on this I have to say that you really are quite, quite wrong.

Cheers Grimbo! 🍻

For the record, yesterday was not perfect, but it was magnificent, it was memorable, it was joyous, and nothing... not even the pitch invasion and/or lack of a lap of honour... spoilt my mood yesterday, today, and forever.

In fact, I've quite enjoyed winding a few up on here.  It's been somewhat entertaining for me, and I feel quite the rebel, having now experienced my first foray into wumming.  I may try it again next season!  👀

... and yes, I have already come clean to a mod via PM, just in case I needed to avoid a ban!  😉🐏👍

1 minute ago, Mucker1884 said:

Cheers Grimbo! 🍻

For the record, yesterday was not perfect, but it was magnificent, it was memorable, it was joyous, and nothing... not even the pitch invasion and/or lack of a lap of honour... spoilt my mood yesterday, today, and forever.

In fact, I've quite enjoyed winding a few up on here.  It's been somewhat entertaining for me, and I feel quite the rebel, having now experienced my first foray into wumming.  I may try it again next season!  👀

... and yes, I have already come clean to a mod via PM, just in case I needed to avoid a ban!  😉🐏👍

For the record, when I say that you're on of my favourite posters, I don't mean that I have a large picture of tou on my wall.

Some tittle tattle on Twitter seems to be suggesting that we bought the trophy ourselves and that it’s not ‘official’ (and thus we are ‘tin pot’).  Anybody shed any light on that?  Obviously, the tin pot comments are purely jealousy and I’m not bothered either way, was just wondering?

Edited by LazloW

1 minute ago, LazloW said:

Some tittle tattle on Twitter seems to be suggesting that we bought the trophy ourselves and that it’s not ‘official’ (and thus we are ‘tin pot’).  Anybody shed any light on that?  Obviously, the tin pot comments are purely jealousy and I’m not bothered either way, was just wondering?

Don’t care!

6 minutes ago, LazloW said:

It’s just people on the wind up. Every season there’s a runners-up trophy, I don’t think it’s always presented on the pitch like that but that’s up to us. I saw a photo of Ipswich’s last season too. It does make sense that you’d get one for finishing second if the play-off winners get one, that’s just an extension to the season after all.

10 minutes ago, LazloW said:

OIP.1Z3VtGiL5kbaRUeiDzTRZwHaDt?rs=1&pid= 😁

8 minutes ago, LazloW said:

Yes.  It's a thing...

Bolton receiving theirs after finishing behind Sheff Utd in 2017...

Bolton-Wanderers-v-Peterborough-United-S

9 minutes ago, LazloW said:

Nope, it's been a thing for a while now. I've got a Middlesbrough supporting mate (I know, the shame!) who said they received a trophy for 2nd in the 15/16 season, so it's been a thing for at least 8 years.

12 minutes ago, LazloW said:

Man City also bought all their silverware.