End of season celebrations.

I have memories of the official photographer at Derby, John Grainger, loathed by Stuart Webb and some others at the club and during a pitch invasion he kicked a spectator or three near the Normanton End goal and lost his job, banned from ever attending a game again. Fast forward a further 20 years and he lost his job at Derbyshire CCC to complete the set, but for different reasons best not added here.

2 hours ago, Crewton said:

I don't think anyone has seriously suggested that we might face a points deduction if there's a pitch invasion, have they?

I think the legal challenge would scare the EFL off.

They would be pointed to all of the others and asked: where are their deductions?  Could have all sorts of ramifications throughout all the leagues in England.

Non starter.

Edited by CBX1985

I don't think there's any chance of a points deduction for a pitch invasion after the final whistle has gone bearing in mind that Reading only got a suspended three point deduction after their fans invaded the pitch and caused the match to be abandoned.

I still hope we don't have a pitch invasion at the end of the match though.

15 minutes ago, Ilkestonian said:

I don't think there's any chance of a points deduction for a pitch invasion after the final whistle has gone bearing in mind that Reading only got a suspended three point deduction after their fans invaded the pitch and caused the match to be abandoned.

I still hope we don't have a pitch invasion at the end of the match though.

Why risk points deduction, even if a remote possibility.

1 minute ago, 21CSchizoidRam said:

Why risk points deduction, even if a remote possibility.

In fairness, it appears you're asking the wrong person, in @Ilkestonian.
This should be aimed at those who have openly aired their intentions (on here) to invade the pitch at full time.

I've made my views clear.  But that's not to say I believe a pitch invasion will in itself lead to a points deduction, as I don't imagine it will for one moment.

My anti-invasion opinions are based on the fact that:
A/  The invaders will be going against the club's wishes, plans, and publicly announced statements, along with the laws of the land.
B/  The potential of those left in the stands missing the advertised "Lap of honour", due to it being cancelled should the pitch not be cleared in an appropriate timescale (There's only so much one man with a megaphone can achieve!).
C/  The potential for just ONE of the assumed thousands on the pitch doing something SO STUPID, that that in itself "COULD" lead to action being taken against the club, be that a fine, points deduction, or any other sanction the EFL has in their power.

Your question is a fair one.  It was just a poor aim.  👍🐏

3 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

In fairness, it appears you're asking the wrong person, in @Ilkestonian.
This should be aimed at those who have openly aired their intentions (on here) to invade the pitch at full time.

I've made my views clear.  But that's not to say I believe a pitch invasion will in itself lead to a points deduction, as I don't imagine it will for one moment.

My anti-invasion opinions are based on the fact that:
A/  The invaders will be going against the club's wishes, plans, and publicly announced statements, along with the laws of the land.
B/  The potential of those left in the stands missing the advertised "Lap of honour", due to it being cancelled should the pitch not be cleared in an appropriate timescale (There's only so much one man with a megaphone can achieve!).
C/  The potential for just ONE of the assumed thousands on the pitch doing something SO STUPID, that that in itself "COULD" lead to action being taken against the club, be that a fine, points deduction, or any other sanction the EFL has in their power.

Your question is a fair one.  It was just a poor aim.  👍🐏

All valid points

With 'only' 9 years on the forum I'm a relative newbie...

However it has struck me this would be my first promotion as a DCFCfan member. Nigh on a decade of posting with jack-all to celebrate is quite impressive. 

Hopefully the whole forum can be buzzing tomorrow as we all experience an actual proper 'thing' tomorrow for the first time!!!!

On 19/04/2024 at 15:14, old tray boy said:

The Club have issued a statement regarding the possibility of criminal proceedings to any fans who encroach onto the pitch after final game .Should we gain promotion and get out of this awful League 1 after all of the ups and downs over the last few years l would have thought a simple gesture of letting the long suffering supporters celebrate and applaud the players is perfectly acceptable .Pompey fans assembled on the pitch last week after promotion was gained and created a fantastic spectacle.Why are Rams fans denied the opportunity after all it was common practice even in the great Clough era.The Club cites H&S worries and seems to forget that we are adults and do not need wrapping in cotton wool thank you very much.As a Club we have had little to celebrate in recent years ,Powers that be chill and let the supporters celebrate and thank the players in the time honoured way.

Adults should be able to follow a few rules. So, no, don't go on the pitch. No need. 

2 hours ago, BathRam72 said:

Here's a random suggestion. Just don't invade the pitch!!!! Should everything go our way on Saturday,  just enjoy it from the stands. 

Ah but then they wouldnt have material for their online posts. 

2 hours ago, BathRam72 said:

Here's a random suggestion. Just don't invade the pitch!!!! Should everything go our way on Saturday,  just enjoy it from the stands. 

Invading the pitch would spoil the celebrations of many fans sat above ground level access to the pitch. Why can’t people wait and let the players /staff do their lap of honour so everyone can see, join in and applaud the efforts made during the season. 

to my mind it is a selfish act to invade the pitch.

3 minutes ago, On the Ram Page said:

Invading the pitch would spoil the celebrations of many fans sat above ground level access to the pitch. Why can’t people wait and let the players /staff do their lap of honour so everyone can see, join in and applaud the efforts made during the season. 

Definitely please stay off the pitch everyone 🤞🤞

3 hours ago, Chester40 said:

It has struck me this would be my first promotion as a DCFCfan member.

Fingers crossed this will be my second. 

The first, was horrible. After Pearson scored, the remaining 30 minutes can be characterized as:

peek GIF by Landon Moss

41 minutes ago, On the Ram Page said:

Exactly my point