Barnsley FC v Derby - Match Day Thread

Heisenberg

7 minutes ago, oodledoodle said:

Just seen Madley in a pub in Barnsley. Having a pint with Toby Tyke. Wearing full Barnsley kit, cleaning his red cards, and he was practicing how to write "Mendez-Laing" in a little black book. On the dart board was a ram.

Make of that what you will.

Here he is playing in 2019, same pub.. Spotted American Ram at the bar.  Now we know what happened.

44 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Most certainly I do.  Hence my support for Rams fans kicking up a fuss and calling him a Bamford very, very loudly.

But my point of contention was mainly against the following quote of yours:

Maybe so... if we (The club) had previously made public and/or official complaints against him, (Re the Burnley game, or any other for that matter), and particularly if the authorities had then agreed our complaints were valid. 
But that's not the case, so I repeat, the club should most certainly not be "all over this in the media, citing Madley's incompetence...".

That would merely make us (The club) look very silly indeed!  We'd be labelled pathetic.  That's our (The fans) job, not the club's! 👀

Why, less than a full week ago, we were all on here taking a swipe at some fat bloke in charge of our last opponents who was doing just that.  Pre-match digs at the ref, with no cause nor reason to!
Now you're exclaiming we're wanting our own club to do the same?  It's a massive no from me.  Sorry!   🐏

Under affiliation regs he surely shouldn't be ref.  Unless Barnsley booted him out, gave him 2 quid for a sandwich and laughed as they shut the door in his face.  In that case he probably hates them and it's all good.

20 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Under affiliation regs he surely shouldn't be ref.  Unless Barnsley booted him out, gave him 2 quid for a sandwich and laughed as they shut the door in his face.  In that case he probably hates them and it's all good.

I thought 2 quid would get you an agreeable terraced house in barnsleh.....

That Burnley game will live long in the memory. 'The ref's a Bamford and his wife's a slag' was the official line from the away end, as I recall. Abysmal decisions, rivalled only by Atwell in that era.

I think he's biased. Half a chance and he'll do us down. Add in the Barnsley apprentice factor, and it's an abysmal (AKA standard) appointment by the EF...F...L.

Edited by MaltRam

2 hours ago, oodledoodle said:

Just seen Madley in a pub in Barnsley. Having a pint with Toby Tyke. Wearing full Barnsley kit, cleaning his red cards, and he was practicing how to write "Mendez-Laing" in a little black book. On the dart board was a ram.

Did you ask the t*** why he sent Martin off for being tripped and disallowed Hendricks goal?

6 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

You never seen that Burnley match mate?

Yes mate.

I'm in danger of repeating myself, so apologies...

He's a s*** ref... but only according to us fans.
We'll be as biased as he is.

But it's not official.  The club didn't report him.  He wasn't held to account.  He never got demoted due to a poor display and/or making wrong decisions.  He didn't get reprimanded for wrongly sending off CM.  (Nor do I recall that red card being rescinded, but I stand to be corrected on that).  On paper, he's no more than a s*** ref in the eyes of our fans.

There is no official record (Above and beyond the thoughts and opinions of a bunch of football fans on a forum) of him having a poor game.  His peers and hierarchy won't have it noted that "He has form" against us.

It's right that we fans slag him off.  My point is that the club should not make any form of official complaint pre-match, (as was being suggested by others on here) all because he once had a s*** game, and angered many of our fans.  That would be tin-pot, and would make us a laughing stock amongst fans of other clubs. 

Edited by Mucker1884

12 hours ago, MaltRam said:

That Burnley game will live long in the memory. 'The ref's a Bamford and his wife's a slag' was the official line from the away end, as I recall. Abysmal decisions, rivalled only by Atwell in that era.

I think he's biased. Half a chance and he'll do us down. Add in the Barnsley apprentice factor, and it's an abysmal (AKA standard) appointment by the EF...F...L.

I'm not sure you could describe the chants as "official"😀

I'm not entirely comfortable with his appointment for this game but I don't think there are any real grounds to suspect he is biased especially if, as you have, you separate out the Barnsley apprentice factor.

The EFL don't appoint referees per se. Do we know it's actually them that select the referees for specific games? I'm not convinced they do but happy to be proved wrong.  Whoever did select him though has made a bold decision that should perhaps, by applying a bit of common sense, have been avoided.

I do think it's very wrong that a former Barnsley youth player is reffing this match. So I'm pleased word has gotten out, meaning at least Madley will know he's under scrutiny, which has to be better for us than not. If there's a contentious call to be made against us, he will think twice. Here's what I put on Twitter yesterday evening. 130,000 views, so at least it's been noticed. 

It's a stupid appointment and puts unnecessary pressure on him. There are two ways at looking at this situation and any crucial decision will be questioned.

From our point of view, he cost us promotion 10 years ago and he's someone who was once on Barnsley's books and has always had a soft spot for them.

From Barnsley's point of view, he's always been bitter about Barnsley after they ended his dreams of being a pro footballer, added to that he supports one of their local rivals.

We'll know which one it is on Saturday night, unless he manages to have the perfect game and there are no controversies, but that is unlikely with so much at stake.

7 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

I do think it's very wrong that a former Barnsley youth player is reffing this match. So I'm pleased word has gotten out, meaning at least Madley will know he's under scrutiny, which has to be better for us than not. If there's a contentious call to be made against us, he will think twice. Here's what I put on Twitter yesterday evening. 130,000 views, so at least it's been noticed. 

Including by Paul Warne, if you listen to his interview on the website.

14 hours ago, oodledoodle said:

Now. You do realise if NML gets sent off, you will have started a conspiracy theory.