Barnsley FC v Derby - Match Day Thread

Heisenberg

53 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

17,200 sold now.

I wonder if that includes Derby fans? If not, then it certainly is looking like a near capacity which is a bit of surprise considering they only managed 18,000 last year v Sheffield Wednesday and haven’t even got over 20,000 for over a decade.

If it does include the Derby sales then I’m not convinced it will be quite a sell out.

Either way, it doesn’t matter. Our stand is full (or as full as it can be) and we should be making plenty of noise. COYR.

I’ve only just realised that it’s only one day out from being exactly a year ago since we last played them at their place.

20 hours ago, Comrade 86 said:

Weirdly confident again. I just think we can outplay these guys, though we've still to see whether we have nailed the work-around for Collo's absence. I'd like to think we have, with Gayle coming in and we have Waggy returning and Dajaune as back-ups. I'd like to see Dwight deployed for the last 25 against tiring legs and minds.

Deployed??? Sounds like you are unleashing an Exocet. (Fingers crossed).

54 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I wonder if that includes Derby fans? If not, then it certainly is looking like a near capacity which is a bit of surprise considering they only managed 18,000 last year v Sheffield Wednesday and haven’t even got over 20,000 for over a decade.

If it does include the Derby sales then I’m not convinced it will be quite a sell out.

Either way, it doesn’t matter. Our stand is full (or as full as it can be) and we should be making plenty of noise. COYR.

I’ve only just realised that it’s only one day out from being exactly a year ago since we last played them at their place.

That will be the total attendance including Derby fans.

Their highest attendance this season was an opening day crowd of 13,000+

1 hour ago, DCFC_Trouty said:

The Madley brothers were both aspiring footballers as teenagers, with Bobby playing in the academies at Leeds and Barnsley while Andy was in Huddersfield Town’s school of excellence.

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/how-arch-critic-andy-madley-became-one-of-premier-league-top-referees-2854188

Interesting.......and odd.

There's some info here from a couple of years ago on Premier league refs, who they support and how PGMOL manage match allocation.

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/which-football-teams-do-premier-league-referees-support/bltc5a6db7933177b98

Keith Hacket says who refs support, where they are based and playing history is taken into account.

Both Madleys are Huddersfield fans, apparently, but it wouldn't look great if "former academy player Bobby Madely awarded Barnsley a last minute penalty for a dive" etc

19 minutes ago, Ian Buxton's Bat said:

Interesting.......and odd.

There's some info here from a couple of years ago on Premier league refs, who they support and how PGMOL manage match allocation.

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/which-football-teams-do-premier-league-referees-support/bltc5a6db7933177b98

Keith Hacket says who refs support, where they are based and playing history is taken into account.

Both Madleys are Huddersfield fans, apparently, but it wouldn't look great if "former academy player Bobby Madely awarded Barnsley a last minute penalty for a dive" etc

That's shocking and ought not to be allowed.

We as a club ought to be all over this in the media citing Madley’s incompetence and clear bias against us.

We won’t, of course, but we are very likely to pay a heavy price for this appointment. 

It is perhaps a good job I didn’t get a ticket for this match. Almost certainly, as with Burnley, we are likely to see Barnsley get into the automatic promotion places at our expense as a direct result of Madley’s decisions.

51 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

That will be the total attendance including Derby fans.

Their highest attendance this season was an opening day crowd of 13,000+

Cheers, I thought it would. I can’t really see it being a sell out then if the capacity is still around 23,000. It certainly isn’t a sell out yet.

1 minute ago, Tamworthram said:

Cheers, I thought it would. I can’t really see it being a sell out then if the capacity is still around 23,000. It certainly isn’t a sell out yet.

Almost certain that’s the case but you can’t access their ticket site without previous buying history, something about random strangers filling their ground for them😂

5 hours ago, DCFC_Trouty said:

The Madley brothers were both aspiring footballers as teenagers, with Bobby playing in the academies at Leeds and Barnsley while Andy was in Huddersfield Town’s school of excellence.

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/how-arch-critic-andy-madley-became-one-of-premier-league-top-referees-2854188

4 hours ago, angieram said:

That's shocking and ought not to be allowed.

4 hours ago, DavesaRam said:

We as a club ought to be all over this in the media citing Madley’s incompetence and clear bias against us.

We won’t, of course, but we are very likely to pay a heavy price for this appointment. 

It is perhaps a good job I didn’t get a ticket for this match. Almost certainly, as with Burnley, we are likely to see Barnsley get into the automatic promotion places at our expense as a direct result of Madley’s decisions.

I do think it's astonishing an ex Barnsley player, and with previous form against us, is reffing the game. Given the club is far too nice to ever mention this, I've put Nixon on the case on Twitter, who's posted it out. So, hopefully, it will be "out there". Meaning Madley is forewarned and may think twice about reaching for a red card or pointing to the penalty spot.

We normally drive for this one, have a bit of lunch out of town and head straight for the ground.

None of that this time, on the train and into the pub; therefore, what's the allocated or best away fans pub where I'm likely to find some of you reprobates? 

4 hours ago, DavesaRam said:

That's what I love about you Dave, ever the optimist.

30 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

We normally drive for this one, have a bit of lunch out of town and head straight for the ground.

None of that this time, on the train and into the pub; therefore, what's the allocated or best away fans pub where I'm likely to find some of you reprobates? 

Enjoy being held at the station for over an hour afterwards while police video you getting radgy, car for us this year 🙂

41 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

Dove Inn on Doncaster Road. Both sets of supporters in there. Good atmosphere, good beer and just 15 mins walk to the ground.

5 hours ago, DavesaRam said:

43 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

I do think it's astonishing an ex Barnsley player, and with previous form against us, is reffing the game. Given the club is far too nice to ever mention this, I've put Nixon on the case on Twitter, who's posted it out. So, hopefully, it will be "out there". Meaning Madley is forewarned and may think twice about reaching for a red card or pointing to the penalty spot.

It seems indisputable that he once played for Barnsley.  Fair do's.  Worth a shrug and a moan of it's own accord, even in an official (club) capacity.

I'm not sure however, that there is any actual record of him being biased against us... or that he "has form"... other than the equally biased views of Rams fans?
I take it DCFC have never made an official complaint against him?

I'd dare to suggest that a professional outfit such as Derby County (The Rams) Ltd would do well NOT to be "all over this".  That would just reek of amateurism, sour grapes, and come across as being very "Un-Mr Clowes"!  As a club, we're better than that!

Hey!  I'm all for us fans slagging him off on here.  That's part of our remit!  I'm happy to add my own name to the catcalls, and claims of Bamfordistic tendencies.  I stand with you, brothers and sisters.

But I wouldn't like to see my football club getting involved. 
If there's room for official complaint post game, then that's a whole different ball game.  The club could then go for the throat, as far as I'm concerned.

🐏