Barnsley FC v Derby - Match Day Thread

Heisenberg

8 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0hdf286?partner=uk.co.bbc&origin=share-mobile

Pre-match presser with the bbc above, my main takeaways from it;

- Gayle deal was delayed by the EFL scrutinising the deal due to our recent situation.

- Gayle has trained since Monday and is fit to play on Sat but he did downplay his readiness a little bit, maybe fit to start, maybe fit for 60 mins. 

- CBT back in training with the team, Warne said he seems to be over his injury but needs more time in training to be up to speed (I assume with how the team plays).

- Waghorn back in training with the team, Saturday might be too soon for him to play. 

- Fozzy is back on the grass but 2 weeks away from being involved with the squad 

- Washington struggling with a knee injury. Warne mentioned the summer so it’s seemingly the injury he had before joining us rather than linked to the ankle injury done on international duty.

- Warne said if you asked Collins he’d say he’s fit to play on Saturday but the medical team say he’s not.

- Vickers back soon. 

You forgot the hilarious comments about tea, bobble hats Etc

’you’re only as good as your keeper and your no 9’ was an interesting one. Revealing -  we have lost too many times this season and last to strong midfields …  

53 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Can see us playing 3421 on Sat -

Wildsmith - Nelson Bradley Cashin - Nyambe Adams Hourihane Elder - NML Bird - Gayle

Loach Wilson Thompson Smith Sibley CBT Barkhuizen

Ward, Fornah & Waggy missing out as the last 3 of the 20 outfield players Warne said are now training. Maybe Waggy makes the bench over CBT depending on both their fitness.

Our squad is starting to look strong going into this crucial period. 

More likely to be 352 tbh. Mendez-Laing, Gayle  Barkhuizen and Sibley as the options upfront. I expect something like this:

Wildsmith

Nelson   Bradley   Cashin

Wilson   Bird   Adams   Hourihane   Elder

Mendez-Laing   Barkhuizen

Subs: Loach, Nyambe, Ward, Smith, Thompson, Sibley, Gayle

22 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

You forgot the hilarious comments about tea, bobble hats Etc

’you’re only as good as your keeper and your no 9’ was an interesting one. Revealing -  we have lost too many times this season and last to strong midfields …  

I didn’t forget them, I chose not to include them as I know some people don’t like that side of Warne 

On 21/02/2024 at 20:22, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Had some unfounded dog bothering rumours and some confirmed disability piss taking video as I recall.  That ended his career entirely for a bit,  don't know if he's still on a track back.

He's been fully rehabilitated despite all of his mocking of disabled people. He clearly has friends in high places. I think to be fair the last game he reffed us at PP, he had a quiet game but I do not trust him at all and believe he likes the "buzz" of the power he believe he wields in terms of being able to assert and impact events. A good ref in my book merely reflects events - but there are a great many who believe they can shape them without accountability and he is certainly one of them. I shall be watching him carefully.  

9 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Feeling good about this. We dominated them at Pride Park and hopefully we can manage this again. Should be a great atmosphere with 5,000 making the trip too 🙂 

If I remember correctly, they were on top for the first 15 - 20 at PP but once we’d weathered the early storm we took over. I wonder if it will be similar pattern tomorrow? Early Barnsley pressure but we hold firm (no goals conceded and not a plethora of yellow cards) and then begin to assert ourselves (hopefully). COYR.

3 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

If I remember correctly, they were on top for the first 15 - 20 at PP but once we’d weathered the early storm we took over. I wonder if it will be similar pattern tomorrow? Early Barnsley pressure but we hold firm (no goals conceded and not a plethora of yellow cards) and then begin to assert ourselves (hopefully). COYR.

I remember Nelson struggling initially with their physicality but he grew into the game and became his usual dominant self.

1 hour ago, Ellafella said:

He's been fully rehabilitated despite all of his mocking of disabled people. He clearly has friends in high places. I think to be fair the last game he reffed us at PP, he had a quiet game but I do not trust him at all and believe he likes the "buzz" of the power he believe he wields in terms of being able to assert and impact events. A good ref in my book merely reflects events - but there are a great many who believe they can shape them without accountability and he is certainly one of them. I shall be watching him carefully.  

Glass, China and Reputations are easily cracked and never well mended.

16 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

Glass, China and Reputations are easily cracked and never well mended.

In terms of actually doing the job he is paid for he should be well above the average of what we are used to in this division.

Sorry all, having asked about the pub - good shout by the way - does anyone know if there are storage lockers or anywhere to leave a rusksack? It's clear it won't be allowed in the ground and the station doesn't seem to have lockers. Heading for a night out and stay over in Sheffield straight after. 

8 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

Sorry all, having asked about the pub - good shout by the way - does anyone know if there are storage lockers or anywhere to leave a rusksack? It's clear it won't be allowed in the ground and the station doesn't seem to have lockers. Heading for a night out and stay over in Sheffield straight after. 

If it's built-in, they ain't tekkin' nuffin'!  😁

l82hs3spxir21.jpg

28 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

I've found Inpost and Stasher

37 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

Dunno but if you come to East Dene Working Men's Club you can leave it in our car for free. 

Just now, angieram said:

Dunno but if you come to East Dene Working Men's Club you can leave it in our car for free. 

Hi Angie, I'll tuck that up my sleeve!! Think we're heading to the Dove Inn which is very close, so if I can't get storage sorted I'll drop you  a DM, so thank you. 

Just now, VulcanRam said:

Hi Angie, I'll tuck that up my sleeve!! Think we're heading to the Dove Inn which is very close, so if I can't get storage sorted I'll drop you  a DM, so thank you. 

Yes, we walk past the Dove Inn on the way to the ground. We tend to go down there early, about an hour before kick off, so you'd need to be around by then - although you could then go back to the pub! 

3 hours ago, Ellafella said:

What with you watching him and @Carl Sagans 150,000 (and rising) followers mobilising action, I suspect Madley won’t even turn up. Anyone know how the YouGov petition is going to have him sanctioned? Jeez you lot, he had one bad game once, 10 years ago. We can all have one bad day at the office every decade.