Barnsley FC v Derby - Match Day Thread

Heisenberg

8 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

and he's a Huddersfield fan anyway.

I was thinking that. He's from Huddersfield so good chance he's a fan of them. Are space/alt-right fans from Huddy tweeting about how it's an absolute farce he is refereeing?

Imagine if a journeyman footballer became a ref. He would be unable to ever run a game based on this thread.

7 hours ago, i-Ram said:

What with you watching him and @Carl Sagans 150,000 (and rising) followers mobilising action, I suspect Madley won’t even turn up. Anyone know how the YouGov petition is going to have him sanctioned? Jeez you lot, he had one bad game once, 10 years ago. We can all have one bad day at the office every decade.

I'm looking forward to the matchday thread tomorrow! Most weeks they are full of how the referee is clearly biased against us.

I hope the stewards are ready tomorrow for our conspiracy driven fans, maxed up to the eye balls on Barnsley chops.

1 minute ago, ariotofmyown said:

I was thinking that. He's from Huddersfield so good chance he's a fan of them. Are space/alt-right fans from Huddy tweeting about how it's an absolute farce he is refereeing?

Imagine if a journeyman footballer became a ref. He would be unable to ever run a game based on this thread.

I understand that folk think he's not a great ref, but how many are at League 1 level? Bit left-field, but maybe there's a reason they don't get the bigger gigs! 🤔

1 minute ago, Comrade 86 said:

I understand that folk think he's not a great ref, but how many are at League 1 level? Bit left-field, but maybe there's a reason they don't get the bigger gigs! 🤔

Too biased to be exposed in the Premier League perhaps?

Oh no, not him! "He had a bad day at the office"...well I've never burnt down my office and also accidentally salted the ground it was on which would be a fair analogy for his "bad day at Burnley". He didn't even cheer for Burnley. Think how bad it would have been if he also represented them!

He was the ref in the same fixture last season... The Devante Cole "goal"  when he gave the goal, then went to the lino for a chat, then after the lino then flagged for offside gave it offside. Then after talking to Devante Cole decided to change his mind again and give the goal... Bizarre 2 minutes. I don't think he's biased towards Barnsley, I think he's just poo. 

Also I'm gutted I couldn't get a ticket in the away end, but I'll be secretly cheering us on from the West stand just behind the dugout. COYR

My feeling is this is the kind of game where with Warne as manager there is greater cause for optimism than for many a year.

We don't over commit, we have a really good physical presence, we don't feel we to need go toe-to-toe and would be happy to nick/s***house it and have the individual players to win the game with a moment of magic. 

Barnsley need the 3 points, so they will come on to us and that's perfect for the way we will set up.

We have a good keeper,  Adams shielding the back 4 of Niambe, Cashin, Nelson and Elder looks solid. Plenty of pace and ability out wide.

I'd start ;

Wildsmith 

Niambe Cashin Nelson Elder 

Adams Bird 

Thompson 

Wilson        NML        Barks

With Gayle, Sibley,  CBT to come on....

Feel weirdly confident.

20 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

My feeling is this is the kind of game where with Warne as manager there is greater cause for optimism than for many a year.

We don't over commit, we have a really good physical presence, we don't feel we to need go toe-to-toe and would be happy to nick/s***house it and have the individual players to win the game with a moment of magic. 

Barnsley need the 3 points, so they will come on to us and that's perfect for the way we will set up.

We have a good keeper,  Adams shielding the back 4 of Niambe, Cashin, Nelson and Elder looks solid. Plenty of pace and ability out wide.

I'd start ;

Wildsmith 

Adams Bird 

Thompson 

Feel weirdly confident.

I’d be amazed if we do. We’ll be happy with 0-0 and try to sneak it otherwise we’ll get battered .

22 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

I'd start ;

Wildsmith 

Adams Bird 

Thompson 

Feel weirdly confident.

I’d love to think Warne would be that bold.

He’ll pick Bradley after his MOM and play a back five with Elder and Nyambe. 

We won’t create anything in the first half and hopefully will get to H/T at   0-0.

Might then take off Hourihane and the wing backs and bring on Wilson and Sibley, plus a late appearance by Gayle.

Fingers in mouths day.

6 minutes ago, NIGHTMARE said:

I’d be amazed if we do. We’ll be happy with 0-0 and try to sneak it otherwise we’ll get battered .

How’s your pitch looking? Ours has been poor this season in need of some TLC. 

5 hours ago, dingleram said:

He was the ref in the same fixture last season... The Devante Cole "goal"  when he gave the goal, then went to the lino for a chat, then after the lino then flagged for offside gave it offside. Then after talking to Devante Cole decided to change his mind again and give the goal... Bizarre 2 minutes. I don't think he's biased towards Barnsley, I think he's just poo. 

Also I'm gutted I couldn't get a ticket in the away end, but I'll be secretly cheering us on from the West stand just behind the dugout. COYR

Watching that unfold……so disappointed to put it soberly 

6 hours ago, dingleram said:

No, it wasn't Bobby Madley, it was Bobby Madden.