Barnsley FC v Derby - Match Day Thread

Heisenberg

1 hour ago, VulcanRam said:

Sorry all, having asked about the pub - good shout by the way - does anyone know if there are storage lockers or anywhere to leave a rusksack? It's clear it won't be allowed in the ground and the station doesn't seem to have lockers. Heading for a night out and stay over in Sheffield straight after. 

You’ve dropped a right b******, you should have stayed in Barnsley it’s a much better night out. 

I've little sympathy for Madley based on his past performances and the superior attitude he always displays when officiating (though since his return to the EFL he does seem to have mellowed somewhat).

My gripe is with whoever selected him to referee this particular match in the first place. It's beyond belief that they wouldn't be aware of his previous connection to Barnsley and the risk of ridicule and embarassment they are exposing their organisation (and Madley) to should things go pear-shaped on the day.

Just not necessary - there had to be other 'senior' officials able to take charge of such a big game (yes its League One but could have a huge bearing on the battle to get back to the Championship and the massive financial impact on both clubs).

26 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

I've little sympathy for Madley based on his past performances and the superior attitude he always displays when officiating (though since his return to the EFL he does seem to have mellowed somewhat).

My gripe is with whoever selected him to referee this particular match in the first place. It's beyond belief that they wouldn't be aware of his previous connection to Barnsley and the risk of ridicule and embarassment they are exposing their organisation (and Madley) to should things go pear-shaped on the day.

Just not necessary - there had to be other 'senior' officials able to take charge of such a big game (yes its League One but could have a huge bearing on the battle to get back to the Championship and the massive financial impact on both clubs).

Perhaps, in order to mask any Barnsley bias, Madley might give us 3 penalties, surely no one could accuse him of bias then!!!!🙄

Unless, of course he gave Barnsley 4 penalties🫣

Reading their forum…. They’re clearly attempting the double bluff suggesting Madley will go out if his way to show he’s impartial…. And give us the decisions. 🤔🤣 Some suggesting he’ll be switched, which I can see too. Makes sense though I genuinely doubt he’d be biased. 

31 minutes ago, SKRam said:

Reading their forum…. They’re clearly attempting the double bluff suggesting Madley will go out if his way to show he’s impartial…. And give us the decisions. 🤔🤣 Some suggesting he’ll be switched, which I can see too. Makes sense though I genuinely doubt he’d be biased. 

He will have been biased if we lose 😉

4 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

Remember that a*se h*le Graham Poll what a utter ****

6 hours ago, NIGHTMARE said:

You’ve dropped a right b******, you should have stayed in Barnsley it’s a much better night out. 

I’ll be in cosmopolitan Higham in the morning before the game visiting relatives. That’s enough excitement for me. 😅

On 22/02/2024 at 12:53, Caerphilly Ram said:

Warne said if you asked Collins he’d say he’s fit to play on Saturday but the medical team say he’s not.

Warne said in another interview that in the immediate aftermath, Collo told him he was in no pain at all too and would be fine to play the next game 😂

Gotta love him really! 

7 hours ago, i-Ram said:

What with you watching him and @Carl Sagans 150,000 (and rising) followers mobilising action, I suspect Madley won’t even turn up. Anyone know how the YouGov petition is going to have him sanctioned? Jeez you lot, he had one bad game once, 10 years ago. We can all have one bad day at the office every decade.

Spot on. I'd hate to work with some on here as clearly they are perfect each and every day, which I'm utterly certain their co-workers would corroborate!

I'm not Madley's biggest fan, as he does seem more than a tad needy, but I do think the Twatter Karens need to pipe down as it's not as if we're the only team ever to be on the end of poor calls. Looking at the Barnsley fan's response, they don't even know he was a former academy player and he's a Huddersfield fan anyway. He was jogged on by Barnsley anyway, effectively ending any aspirations to play pro footy, so I'm not really understanding the assumption he will favour them. I'd be more concerned if I were a Tykes fan tbh.