Nyambe - Nelson - Cashin - Elder

Adams - Bird - Hourihane

NML - Gayle - CBT

-If fit, Gayle and CBT with a chance to impress

-Sibley, Barkhuizen, and Wilson to come off the bench if needed

-Bradley to come off the bench and change the shape if needed

-Smith and Thompson to come on for Hourihane and Adams if needed

18 minutes ago, DerbyAleMan said:

Can not wait for Barnsley away, will be in The Dove Inn, a real Ale pub for 12PM, 10 mins walk from Oakwell, hope to be bouncing at the final whistle, all who are going lets roar the lads on to victory. Once A Ram Always A Ram. 

Hopefully that’s where I’ll be, and I’m not driving.🍻

Win and we're 9 points ahead of them and they will have only 13 games left, so they wouldn't be able to catch us (unless they won at least 12 of those games). Meaning win, and automatic promotion becomes a three-horse race between Portsmouth, Bolton and us. That's what's at stake.

Gayle isn't going to be fit, but will surely start on the bench. Meaning again we don't have a true centre forward, but Sibley showed us the way to goal, and has to start as an attacking midfielder.

Wildsmith

Nyambe   Nelson   Cashin   Elder

Adams

Sibley          Bird

Wilson   Mendez-Laing   Barkhuizen

Bench:  Loach  Bradley  Ward  Hourihane  Smith  Blackett-Taylor  Gayle

Harsh on Thommo and Fornah, but given Warne brought Smith on first last weekend, and Hourihane is the skipper, it's tough to see either of them included.

Wildsmith

Nyambe    Nelson    Cashin     Elder

Adams       Bird

Sibley

Wilson              NML           Barks

5 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Win and we're 9 points ahead of them and they will have only 13 games left, so they wouldn't be able to catch us (unless they won at least 12 of those games). Meaning win, and automatic promotion becomes a three-horse race between Portsmouth, Bolton and us. That's what's at stake.

Any chance you could show your working out for these figures?

I'm almost tempted to say they make no sense at all.  

I'm as eager as anyone to reach that point where it is mathematically impossible for those behind us to catch us up, but this appears to be more than a tad premature?  🤷‍♂️

8 hours ago, sage said:

Wildsmith

Nyambe   Nelson   Cashin

Wilson   Adams    Hourihane   Elder

Bird

NML          Barkhuizen

This is the set up but Bradley instead of Nyambe. Probably need him in there to nullify their lanky striker Cosgrove. Having Hourihane in midfield frees Bird to just drive at them. When and if Gayle comes on switch to a 4-2-3-1 with Bird or Sibley sitting just off him. His movement should drag defenders away giving either the space to shoot.

9 hours ago, Jourdan said:

Wildsmith

Nyambe - Nelson - Cashin - Elder

Adams - Bird - Hourihane

NML - Gayle - CBT

-If fit, Gayle and CBT with a chance to impress

-Sibley, Barkhuizen, and Wilson to come off the bench if needed

-Bradley to come off the bench and change the shape if needed

-Smith and Thompson to come on for Hourihane and Adams if needed

Not sure Warne is going to set up a front three with two lads who have only just got here and aren't fully inducted into the Warneball ways. I think it's more likely one or both are on the bench and put on later in the game if needed.

1 hour ago, eddielewis said:

This is the set up but Bradley instead of Nyambe. Probably need him in there to nullify their lanky striker Cosgrove. Having Hourihane in midfield frees Bird to just drive at them. When and if Gayle comes on switch to a 4-2-3-1 with Bird or Sibley sitting just off him. His movement should drag defenders away giving either the space to shoot.

Cosgrove may not start. This was his first start for a while. They've seemed very mobile up front when I've seen them

Reckon we’ll set up for a massive 0-0 boring draw……and I’d be happy with that.

I’ve completely given up on let’s play thro midfield, wing backs bombing on, three up front and using a couple of out and out wingers.

We’re now at the Buisness end of the season, blood, sweat and taking one for the team is what it’s all about…..and a swarm of subs around the 70 minute mark!

Wildsmith

Nyambe  Bradley Nelson   Cashin    Elder

Adams    Smith

Bird

NML          Barkhuizen

As they play 5-3-2 with a holding midfielder think I’d go with a 5-3-2 also except sibley more advanced than Bird and Adams. 

We’ve seen recently in games against Charlton and Stevenage when we play our 3 centre backs against 2 strikers we concede very few chances.

id go for a line up of 

IMG_3687.thumb.jpeg.4128a98eda1b82b82c9b492602d671fb.jpeg                     

Even though I love Nyambe, I think we need more of an attacking threat from our wing backs. Kane also had a great time against their Left wing back and his ex teammate Cadden in the reverse fixture so we should let Kane go at him again. 

Off the ball I’d have Sibley sitting on Luca Connell to try stop him from playing but on the ball let him almost be a striker and pick up space in and around the box as I don’t think Gayle will be fit to start. 

Having Mendez on the left also allows him to have a better threat on goal as a lot of his goals come from him being on the left wing. Which we will need with the lack of fire power available to us atm.

Then at 60 minutes we can bring Gayle and CBT on to stretch Barnsley.