Accrington Stanley v Derby County Matchday Thread

archram

I keep looking at the highlights .. the angle and elevation are terrible so you can't really judge but from what you can see on those, both of the pens were being "looked for" so as far as I am concerned Accrington got what they deserved. Those players went down deliberately to gain an advantage. Stuff em !  ha ha ha 

As for young William ... Magic ! and Sibbo .. quality ! That's the hungry driving AM we know we had all along, more of the same please. COYR

2 hours ago, ossieram said:

According to their manager the ball was 2 yards ahead of his player and 4 yards ahead of Curtis when he fouled for the penalty!

How the hell did Curtis trip a player that is 6 foot ahead of him?

Curtis <2 yards> Accy lad <2 yards> Ball

He's suggesting Curtis is four yards from the ball so wasn't playing it. He was only two yards behind their striker, not six.

1 minute ago, Rampant said:

He's suggesting Curtis is four yards from the ball so wasn't playing it. He was only two yards behind their striker, not six.

Read again. 

At no point did I say Curtis was 6 yards behind. 

3 minutes ago, Rampant said:

2 yards = 6ft.

Check again, at the post you quoted from @ossieram

EDIT:

Beaten to it!  ?

Edited by Mucker1884

49 minutes ago, Biley66 said:

There’s something special about Sibley. Warne will get the best out out of him I reckon

It's the midfield a number of us on the forum have been begging for for the best part of 2 years. I think it's criminal that this is probably doubled the playing time they've had as a midfield trio in that time.

It's a very well balanced midfield for most games, throw Bielik into the mix when we finally get him back for a bit of physicality/height and you rotate between the four of then to keep them fresh. 

2 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

Absolute nut job.

Here's a post on their forum from one of their fans, and a lot agree lol.

"Heard Coley on Radio Lancs railing against a fan who suggested it was “men against boys”, which for the most part that seemed pretty accurate to me.
I’ve just had fish and chips and I know what battered looks like, but I can’t imagine how anyone could think Stanley “battered” Derby in the first half. Flattered, maybe, but, c’mon, Coley, take a deep breath and admit Derby were (another) stronger, faster, and fitter side, of which there are a few in this league.

For once the stats say it all. Stanley had one shot on target, which would bad enough except that they had two penalties!"

1 hour ago, Electric Ram said:

Would like to See Jake Rooney start  a game instead of Chester what I have seen of him he looks more than capable. 

I am sure we will see Jake a fair bit as the season unfolds. Chester isn’t young, there will be plenty of opportunities. And yes, I agree I’d like to see a bit more of him. When we have, you can see he’s got the composure and timing to go with his physical presence. Going to be a good footballer I reckon. 

So, we’ve all discussed the terrible balance of a midfield of Bird and Hourihane. Now Hourihane drops for Sibley, and Sibley plays several really good set piece deliveries which is supposed to be one of the main positives of Hourihane, and we play well in general… just leaves me thinking, is the occasional screamer worth being so disjointed from open play every game? 

33 minutes ago, Srg said:

So, we’ve all discussed the terrible balance of a midfield of Bird and Hourihane. Now Hourihane drops for Sibley, and Sibley plays several really good set piece deliveries which is supposed to be one of the main positives of Hourihane, and we play well in general… just leaves me thinking, is the occasional screamer worth being so disjointed from open play every game? 

I think anyone who’s seen Derby play live this season will know that Hourihane gets bypassed in midfield. He is capable of producing special moments but in my book that makes him an ideal sub.

I’m still not convinced the three that played together yesterday is the right combination for every game (Accrington are not the strongest team we’ll face) but it’s certainly one which will play good football.

I think Wayne still has a number of issues to resolve.

Chester, Davies and Cashin as a three leaves us exposed and we didn’t concede yesterday only because of one man’s nightmare performance.

This is why I’m realistic in my expectations for us prior to Christmas. We will be found out in some games as we try different combinations, especially trying to play cup matches in between.

We have most of the pieces. Slotting them into place might take a bit longer.

7 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I’m still not convinced the three that played together yesterday is the right combination for every game (Accrington are not the strongest team we’ll face) but it’s certainly one which will play good football.

I think Wayne still has a number of issues to resolve.

Chester, Davies and Cashin as a three leaves us exposed and we didn’t concede yesterday only because of one man’s nightmare performance.

This is why I’m realistic in my expectations for us prior to Christmas. We will be found out in some games as we try different combinations, especially trying to play cup matches in between.

We have most of the pieces. Slotting them into place might take a bit longer.

In Wayne we still trust?

1D1B4644-A374-416E-B905-7AC146F8E07C.jpeg

Edited by i-Ram

9 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

It's the midfield a number of us on the forum have been begging for for the best part of 2 years. I think it's criminal that this is probably doubled the playing time they've had as a midfield trio in that time.

It's a very well balanced midfield for most games, throw Bielik into the mix when we finally get him back for a bit of physicality/height and you rotate between the four of then to keep them fresh. 

Don't you think some have been expecting too much out of young players?

For me this season is the first season all three appear to have grown into men. They look like their bodies are physically ready to play against men.