Accrington Stanley v Derby County Matchday Thread

archram

Well that was interesting. Four penalties conceded in the last two games with three missed/saved. 

Maybe our luck is changing 

With the centre backs left exposed by the system I'd like to see some quality injected there 

Edited by sage

5 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

I don't know if he's like this all the time but whenever we play them he seems to have a complete meltdown.

Rapidly falling out of love with football it seems.

Absolutely battered them for 30 mins -errrr.  What's this leg breaking tackle ????.  Was a comfortable 3-0 could have been 5 on second half chances ya miserable fecker. 

Edited by Gee SCREAMER !!

1 hour ago, Mr. P said:

?

Most of what he said was spot on, but some exaggeration for a couple of points.

30 minutes of battering was more like 15 minutes being on top.

I felt Sibley's challenge was certainly over physical. I'd have to see a couple of replays to judge whether it was a foul and if it was worthy of a card or nor. It's rare for a player to go off injured in that manner without a yellow card being shown.

Good goals, could have had more...but rode our luck hard in that mad spell. Pleased to see Warne not dodging that.

We're playing snippets of lovely stuff, but we're way too open at times and a bit flaky. To be expected.  I wish we could bin that daft Man City game on Tuesday.

39 minutes ago, sage said:

Well that was interesting. Four penalties conceded in the last two games with three missed/saved. 

Maybe our luck is changing 

With the centre backs left exposed by the system I'd like to see some quality injected there 

Hopefully the missing link with Bielik, will slot into a back three or midfield three and protect that back line. 

Maybe Rooney or Smith would be a decent shout in the meantime in place of Chester. 

really enjoyed that madcap afternoon , Rams support was immense , something pointed out by a few Accy fans in the pub after the game , Sibley , Osula and Barks stood out for me , the Warne project is beginning to take effect , iron out those errors in defence and top 6 is doable    at least          COYR

42 minutes ago, ossieram said:

According to their manager the ball was 2 yards ahead of his player and 4 yards ahead of Curtis when he fouled for the penalty!

How the hell did Curtis trip a player that is 6 foot ahead of him?

He's a big bugger our Curtis 

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Absolutely battered them for 30 mins -errrr.  What's this leg breaking tackle ????.  Was a comfortable 3-0 could have been 5 on second half chances ya miserable fecker. 

I have never seen anyone else complain about a ref who was awarded two penalties to your team that weren't actually penalties. 

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Most of what he said was spot on, but some exaggeration for a couple of points.

30 minutes of battering was more like 15 minutes being on top.

I felt Sibley's challenge was certainly over physical. I'd have to see a couple of replays to judge whether it was a foul and if it was worthy of a card or nor. It's rare for a player to go off injured in that manner without a yellow card being shown.

Watching on the TV, it looked like he was going for player and ball, and  did a reasonable job of getting both. It certainly wasn't late, and I think part of the  defender's problem was that he was actually kicking the ball, when Sibley's foot arrived.
No sympathy though, if your team keeps hacking him down, and he sees a 50:50, he's going to take it