Accrington Stanley v Derby County Matchday Thread

archram

4 hours ago, TimRam said:

This guys videos are good. 

A couple of things, 1st his camara action needs to be steadier, Maybe get a tripod into the ground, 2nd after they missed the 1st penalty he should have edited the sign language from some Derby supporters with the "V" sign and the OK sign...shaking your hand with the palm facing above the "head" ?

Otherwise ?

2 hours ago, Unlucky Alf said:

A couple of things, 1st his camara action needs to be steadier, Maybe get a tripod into the ground, 2nd after they missed the 1st penalty he should have edited the sign language from some Derby supporters with the "V" sign and the OK sign...shaking your hand with the palm facing above the "head" ?

Otherwise ?

Nice to see Jimmy Bullard's a Rams fan ?

8 hours ago, DRBee said:

It would be truly stupid to have dropped Hourihane just because of the handball. Don't know how many of the games you have watched in full but Sibley has been inconsistent like Hourihane has.

Someone handles the ball for no reason in our own area, not under pressure, to give away the penalty that leads to us losing the game, and you don't think that should lead to being dropped? I can't think of a better reason to be dropped. I would not allow such utter stupidity if I were manager and players would need to see there must be sanctions for losing your head. 

38 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Someone handles the ball for no reason in our own area, not under pressure, to give away the penalty that leads to us losing the game, and you don't think that should lead to being dropped? I can't think of a better reason to be dropped. I would not allow such utter stupidity if I were manager and players would need to see there must be sanctions for losing your head. 

Would you also have dropped Collins for stupidly slapping the ground near an opponents head forcing the team to play a man short, or Jason Knight for stupidly trying to run the ball out of defence and losing the ball for the winning goal? 

53 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

If we dropped a player every time one made a silly mistake that may, or may not have cost us the game (you can’t say the penalty definitely led to us losing the game given it was only an equaliser and we still had 11 men on the pitch at the time) I don’t think we’d have a very settled squad.

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

Sorry, I think that dropping a player on that basis would be completely bonkers.  So on that basis should we drop Curtiss for the next game due to him loosing his head by Clipping the Accy players heels at the weekend?

41 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Would you also have dropped Collins for stupidly slapping the ground near an opponents head forcing the team to play a man short, or Jason Knight for stupidly trying to run the ball out of defence and losing the ball for the winning goal? 

maybe hourihane was dropped for being lazy and slowing up play  

If he knows what he's about PW would have torn a strip off Collins as well as Hourihane for their stupidity. Together they cost us the game

As for Jason Knight, very different:  anyone - particularly him - is allowed a mistake now and then

17 minutes ago, Poynton ram said:

Anyone know if the Accie player injured in a tackle with Sibbo is ok? Coleman suggested a broken leg in his post match interview. Looked quite innocuous in real time

i think he suggested Sibley had ran over him with a combined harvester then put the remains through a wood chipper.  Miraculously, he somehow played on for another few minutes. 

15 minutes ago, Andrew1 said:

Sorry, I think that dropping a player on that basis would be completely bonkers.  So on that basis should we drop Curtiss for the next game due to him loosing his head by Clipping the Accy players heels at the weekend?

Curtis made an error, but in the context of a clear chance on goal that only he was able to prevent. Not comparable to the lunacy of Collins or Hourihane

(but maybe Hourihane was in fact dropped for being lazy and slowing up play) 

2 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

If he knows what he's about PW would have torn a strip off Collins as well as Hourihane for their stupidity. Together they cost us the game

As for Jason Knight, very different:  anyone - particularly him - is allowed a mistake now and then

I believe he has an ankle problem.  Hourihane will probably get fewer games as he won't play Warnes football.  I hope he stays around, as you can't play every game like it's Rollerball and technically he's the best player we have.  Really needs to play further forward though and as always it's him or Bird.  

Sorry, Curtiss did not make an error, he made a decision to clip his heels.  Done it enough myself, but only normally in the first few minutes!

14 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I believe he has an ankle problem.  Hourihane will probably get fewer games as he won't play Warnes football.  I hope he stays around, as you can't play every game like it's Rollerball and technically he's the best player we have.  Really needs to play further forward though and as always it's him or Bird.  

Yes bird much more effective further forward and not room for him and Hourihane there esp if Sibley is going to roar into life. Sure,  Hourihane is gifted - he’s like david beckham with a 50cc engine - but if you want talent surely it’s McGoldrick. 

PS might have been a convenient ankle problem, one that has now given PW a dilemma 

Edited by kevinhectoring

1 hour ago, kevinhectoring said:

Hourihane wasn't dropped, though based on overall form rather than for giving a penalty away, he possibly could have been. Knight gave a clumsy penalty away at Lincoln which led to us losing the game, so that's two mistakes - does that equal one stupid handball. 

It's a daft proposition anyway, dropping a player for one costly error. It's not as if they're a load of Claude Davises.