Accrington Stanley v Derby County Matchday Thread

archram

1 hour ago, Crewton said:

Would you also have dropped Collins for stupidly slapping the ground near an opponents head forcing the team to play a man short, or Jason Knight for stupidly trying to run the ball out of defence and losing the ball for the winning goal? 

Collins has the punishment of a three-game ban and the fear that he might end up losing his place for longer.

Hourihane simply stuck his arm up to punch the ball away for no reason. Knight was given the ball and had limited options, none of which were good, and tried to get out of a difficult situation. He probably made an understandable but wrong choice. Two situations a million miles away from each other.

6 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Collins has the punishment of a three-game ban and the fear that he might end up losing his place for longer.

Hourihane simply stuck his arm up to punch the ball away for no reason. Knight was given the ball and had limited options, none of which were good, and tried to get out of a difficult situation. He probably made an understandable but wrong choice. Two situations a million miles away from each other.

Knight could have shoed the ball into the East Stand, which would have been allot safer than what he did, but I'm not calling for him to be dropped because he made an error. 

I'm getting the impression though that the real reason you want Hourihane kicked out of the club is because his absence means Sibley gets to play? 

1 hour ago, kevinhectoring said:

Yes bird much more effective further forward and not room for him and Hourihane there esp if Sibley is going to roar into life. Sure,  Hourihane is gifted - he’s like david beckham with a 50cc engine - but if you want talent surely it’s McGoldrick. 

PS might have been a convenient ankle problem, one that has now given PW a dilemma 

McGoldricks got great close control and good physicality on the ball.   I can't see him playing much in this system though as he's slow and steady now rather than steady and put on the burner.  The McGoldrick Ipswich had would be great for this system.  

3 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

McGoldricks got great close control and good physicality on the ball.   I can't see him playing much in this system though as he's slow and steady now rather than steady and put on the burner.  The McGoldrick Ipswich had would be great for this system.  

Yeah tbh I don’t disagree. I was responding to a poster who was saying Hourihane is our most technically gifted. I still think it’s didzy 

23 hours ago, Crewton said:

That's a good point that's often missed in the "what if" debates. Had the first penalty been scored, what followed would not have been exactly the same, though undoubtedly it would have given Accy a boost. It's still likely though that Warnes halftime rollicking would have had a positive effect on the team. 

I think we had too much for them so think you’re right. We carved them open at times could’ve scored more. Other than hitting the bar, the two pens and a couple of moments in the second half they huffed and puffed. To me it showed the level between top half and bottom half of the league as despite not being great we beat them comfortably, if it wasn’t a deserved 3 goal win as their manager suggested it was a 2 goal win. Fair play to accie though, they are punching massively above their weight, like Burton.