David McGoldrick - joined Notts County

Ambitious

4 minutes ago, DiggerB said:

Our issue was our over-reliance on Didzy. A point not lost on PW when interviewed, and something I’m sure he will be looking to address

That was my whole point, but thanks for agreeing with me whilst simultaneously calling it "absolute nonsense". Obviously if we improve the squad to the point where we don't have to rely on a 20+ goals striker, then we can still get promoted, but with the current squad we simply don't get promoted unless we have a prolific striker to win games for us

14 minutes ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

At the start of the season, people were saying he would be too old. He’s managed the season well. One year older? I don’t see why he wouldn’t have a good run of games. He looks fit. He might even manage 40 plus games for Notts. Some players just manage games well and their bodies well and have longer careers. He’s one of those. He’s never going to be a long term signing but Derby now need a player of his goal scoring capability and quality next season. Very tough to find. Hopefully Warne will find one. 

He and our staff managed him well including PW when taking him off after X amount of playing time, How are the pitches going to be in league2 come November, December, January, February, How's DM going to manage that thick centre half that goes right through him after DM drops a shoulder and the centre half is on his arse, I'll guarantee he'll get a welcome at away grounds.

Am I disappointed DM chose Notts Cnty over us...not in the least, Players come and go, My suspicion is this, DCFC have announced that DM has chosen a new path, I'd wager we've got someone in to replace and waited on releasing the news with DMs blessing until we had a replacement...not ITK...just guessing.  

36 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

He came here too prove he still he had it in him in his own words as had few offers.  Now he has he's dropped a division.  We aren't replacing him again with a 25 goal player on our budget.

There's no guarantee that if we'd managed to hang on to him, he would have got 25 goals plus this season. It will be interesting to see how many goals he gets next season in an inferior division.

15 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Just common sense.  Seen it for years going back to Tim Sherwood heading to Blackburn.  My Crystal ball shows me that a team from the Conference has risen in the East and will have twice the goal power of Derby next season.  A Portuguese traveller who was due to venture 16 miles down the road will now remain in situ or consider an option further South.

Yer so have i buddy.

You'd think with that level of experience of watching football youd realise that football is a funny old game and surprises u when u least expect it to.

dm .. fantastic player for us and he goes with our wishes but he chose heart over money.. end of. He says it ad theres no reason having listened to him in the past to suggest its just lip service

how many clubs do u think we beat to the services of connor H? International, just got promo to the prem ? Was in the prem… ur not telling me hamstrung derby county were the only ones after him.

we have pulling power… tbh im hoping its a totally different window to last year.. instead of a load of older players that are at the tail end of their career how about some young up and comings that moving from forest green, torquay or cambridge is a move beyond their wildest dreams. 

instead of playing infront of 3k their playing infront of 30k?

if ur old enough to remember sherwood, then your old enough to remember gems from nowehere like rowett, vdl, trollope, powell, sean flynn, dean yates, etc etc whos move to derby was the biggest thing that had happened to them

10 minutes ago, alram said:

our best player just left for a league two club

next question

That isn’t evidence of the club not being proactive. The club proactively entered negotiations with him and he chose an alternative. Just because the scenario hasn’t played out how we wanted (or perhaps it has for some people) you can’t prove the club isn’t proactively working on recruitment. 

5 minutes ago, alram said:

our best player just left for a league two club

next question

So how would you have kept him at the club then?, utter nonsense.

He's not gone for financial gain, so offering more money wouldn't work.

He's not gone for more game time has he.

In his OWN WORDS he's seeing out his career at his BOYHOOD club.

What part of this don't you understand?

13 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

That was my whole point, but thanks for agreeing with me whilst simultaneously calling it "absolute nonsense". Obviously if we improve the squad to the point where we don't have to rely on a 20+ goals striker, then we can still get promoted, but with the current squad we simply don't get promoted unless we have a prolific striker to win games for us

Confused Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

I’m confused. What do you mean by the current squad? The one where half have already been released/returned to their parent clubs?

Edited by DiggerB

14 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

If we stick with the current squad we’ll probably be relegated as we’ve only got 15 players, so obviously we’ll be looking to improve the squad.

50 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Didn’t we get a 25 goal scorer at the start of last season on a lower budget?

Not really. We signed a player who had literally NEVER been a 25 goal a season striker.

That he then went on to score more last season than in the previous 10 combined or summat, was hardly predictable but very fortunate for DCFC.

Now we're going to have to take another punt....

1 hour ago, Stive Pesley said:

We simply don't get promoted next season without a 25 goal striker.

Your move Mr Warne

Plymouth won the league with more points than we’ve ever managed in our history. Their top two scorers got 13 goals & 12 goals respectively. For reference, James Collins got 11.

We simply don’t need to have a 25 goal striker to get promoted. Spreading the goals around more will do just fine, and it would be better to not be so reliant on one individual.

Ipswich had 2 of the top 8 goal scorers this season, but in the other 6 scorers, none got promoted. It actually indicates more that relying on one player to score the majority of your goals is more of an indicator of failure rather than success.

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

Well that’s a killer blow. League Two teams are a bigger draw than Warne 😂

We are so ducked. We’ll be lucky to get Matt Smith to punt it up to

Disasterous start to summer. McGolrdrick and Roberts were two signings we should have been making, and will prove very difficult to replace.

For someone who claims to be a Rams fan you seem to delight in portraying the Club, players and management in every negative light possible - why?

I'm guessing it may be because you think it gets you a certain level of notoriety on a football forum- sad!