David McGoldrick - joined Notts County

Ambitious

1 hour ago, alram said:

okay know it all, he says he wants to RETURN to the club that brought him through the academy nothing to do with playing for notts because he supports them

i still stand by he is a forest fan, nothing about that statement changed my opinion on it. if anything it made me more sure.

33 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Thanks for posting @Carnero.  About 4:30 in.  When asked why he’s returned he starts with “it’s the team I support”.  At his age he cant guarantee playing for another 2 years, even though that’s the length of contract he’s signed.  Could easily pick up a career ending injury at any time.  And then he’d regret not making the move.

This is no reflection on DCFC, Paul Warne, L1 v L2 or any other nonsense.  If anything it shows the measure of the man.  Heart over money and that should be respected.  Fair play to him.

22 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

For someone who claims to be a Rams fan you seem to delight in portraying the Club, players and management in every negative light possible - why?

I'm guessing it may be because you think it gets you a certain level of notoriety on a football forum- sad!

I’m not portraying the club or players in a negative like. I criticised the club under Mel Morris, which was proved correct (despite your constant ridicule).

No issues with David Clowes nor the current playing. My issue is with Paul Warne. I don’t care about notoriety, I don’t post very frequently anymore as I don’t have time. I’m expressing my serious concerns as to the damage the current manager will do to our squad.

I wish him well, but my gut feeling is that he would not score as many goals next year. My reason for that was that given his career, last season was an outlier. 

his skill would be there but I fell less goals. We will be fine without him, an automatic promotion coming up, still very early in the transfer window. 

12 minutes ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

Thanks for posting @Carnero.  About 4:30 in.  When asked why he’s returned he starts with “it’s the team I support”.  At his age he cant guarantee playing for another 2 years, even though that’s the length of contract he’s signed.  Could easily pick up a career ending injury at any time.  And then he’d regret not making the move.

This is no reflection on DCFC, Paul Warne, L1 v L2 or any other nonsense.  If anything it shows the measure of the man.  Heart over money and that should be respected.  Fair play to him.

Did we offer him a 2 year contract? 

1 minute ago, PistoldPete said:

Did we offer him a 2 year contract? 

No idea but the talk was a 1 year deal with us.  It’s possible he weighed up 1 more year here, then go to Notts, but again a bad injury, etc. and it doesn’t happen.  At his age he can’t guarantee getting another chance.

8 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

I wish him well, but my gut feeling is that he would not score as many goals next year. My reason for that was that given his career, last season was an outlier. 

his skill would be there but I fell less goals. We will be fine without him, an automatic promotion coming up, still very early in the transfer window. 

Opens Wednesday 14th June 👍

8 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

I think last season would be hard to beat and he has most likely peaked with that. Plus we relied on him too heavily. Let's see who Warne brings in to replace him.

49 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

That isn’t evidence of the club not being proactive. The club proactively entered negotiations with him and he chose an alternative. Just because the scenario hasn’t played out how we wanted (or perhaps it has for some people) you can’t prove the club isn’t proactively working on recruitment. 

yes it is, now we have to react to a player leaving 

that is literally the definition of reactive

we would already have a replacement sorted if we were proactive, no doubt they will be working on a replacement now but its completely reactive