David McGoldrick - joined Notts County

Ambitious

1 minute ago, alram said:

yeah  dont worry though lads its definitely not happening though is it

everything is rosey and okay for derby, things are looking bright right?

what an embarrassing day, its hit home how low we are in the food chain now

Read his comments, you claimed Didzy is a Forest fan, in his own words he’s followed his heart, take your I told you so elsewhere 

8 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Quote from the article; 

McGoldrick said: “It has been a difficult decision for me to leave Derby County, but it has been a huge ambition of mine to play for Notts County again before the end of my career.

“I’ve been honest and open with both Paul Warne and the club about it in recent weeks and they’ve been supportive and understanding.

“If it wasn’t for the fact that I had the chance to return to Notts, it would have been a no-brainer to stay at Derby - regardless of interest from any other club. I really enjoyed working under the gaffer and his staff, playing alongside the lads and, of course, performing in front of the brilliant fans at Pride Park. I want to thank everyone for making me feel so welcome in the last year.

“I had a wonderful season with Derby and to score 25 goals and three hat-tricks made it such an enjoyable time, the best in terms of goals for me personally in the season, and actually made the decision such a difficult one. 

“I’ve had many conversations with the gaffer over the last few weeks and he really did do everything he could to keep me at Derby but, in the end, I have decided to go with my heart and return to Notts.”

He added: “I wish the club the very best of luck moving forward and I’ll be willing Derby on next season. They’re in good hands both on the pitch with the gaffer, Richie Barker, Matt Hamshaw and Andy Warrington, as well as off it too.”

Gutted.

Obviously a gutting thing for us as derby fans, but it at least makes me a bit happy that there's still more to football than money to some. He will have quite clearly taken a pay cut to go there, to play for his boyhood club before retiring. It's a decision I'm sure we all would like to think we would also make, but when put in the position I'm not sure many would. Good luck, Didzy. 

Would not have mattered what Warne and Derby offered once a player's heart is set on moving to his boyhood club so no issue with this move. 

Players come and go the trick is replacing with better this move would have been known about for weeks. Look forward to seeing where we move on bringing players in

Best of luck Didzy been a joy to have you with us. 

Irreplaceable with the kind of budget we are playing with.  Hope Warne hasn't washed that bit of paper with his rovrum list on it stuffed in his jeans.  He's proving a top drawer to these players already on the books but seems we may be getting Rovrums reserve keeper so ying and yang .

This really is a total piss take.  McGoldricks comments are simply lip service.  Let's not forget he was joining a club on an absolute shoestring last summer, probably on a substantially lower wage then we have reoffered, has become player of the year and he's dropped a League.  The rest is fluff.   

2 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Irreplaceable with the kind of budget we are playing with.  Hope Warne hasn't washed that bit of paper with his rovrum list on it stuffed in his jeans.  He's proving a top drawer to these players already on the books but seems we may be getting Rovrums reserve keeper so ying and yang .

This really is a total piss take.  McGoldricks comments are simply lip service.  Let's not forget he was joining a club on an absolute shoestring last summer, probably on a substantially lower wage then we have reoffered, has become player of the year and he's dropped a League.  The rest is fluff.   

bored christopher walken GIF

Sad to see Didzy go but I can console myself with the fact I got to see him grace the PP turf in a Derby shirt in the flesh. His touch and vision were things of beauty to behold. Good luck to him and Notts County. Now let’s move on - tough for the Chrissy Martin and Bielik disciples I know…..🙄

Edited by DiggerB

It was inevitable, but still none the less annoying now it’s been confirmed. Although, with all that being said, perhaps it’s good for the management and recruitment staff to have pressure on them - they need to prove they deserve to be employed by the club and what better challenge than replacing the top goal scorer with a player who goes on to score more goals? 

Time to earn you coin, boys. 

Devastating to our plans this year. I don't imagine PW expected this, and now there will be a definite pressure to find at least 2 new strikers who will perform.

As for Didzy, I'm gutted because he was genuinely the most naturally gifted players I've seen for us in a long time, a talent in which you can't replace easily, especially in this league.

Very sad.

🙃

6 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

finally some sense

this is my problem. i think people are trying to convince themselves it wont affect us that much but its a massive uphill battle to start the summer.

i dont care about the players point of view, this is a disaster for derby

Edited by alram