David McGoldrick - joined Notts County

Ambitious

I genuinely don't understand why I've just seen "League two is a bigger pull than Warne"

It's not league two. It's Notts County. It's his club. He wants to retire there. Fair play. Could have stayed here for more money. He's literally just said himself that no other club he would have gone for. 

Internally they would have known about this for ages. I would imagine that Mcgoldrick has said "Look if Notts go up there's a chance I could go back there and I'd want to"

I wish him nothing but the best. Was unbelievable for us last season and without him we'd have been nowhere.

But that was the season of his life and we cannot be relying on him to do that again. We need 3-4 strikers chipping in with 8-15 goals each. We need wide players chipping in with 5-10. 

It's not just about replacing Mcgoldricks goals with an individual it needs to be spread. 

Other than Hourihane and NML. Goals from other areas of the team were pitiful.

But fans using this as a stick to beat Warne or the club with are a joke.

8 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

It tells me experienced players prefer not to be told 'RUN FOREST RUN' as an option to an actual game plan and can't wait too get out the door.

For someone whos got the greatest username on here … good grief 

and yet it was his best scoring season of his career… yer he must have really hated every minute 😂😂

15 minutes ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

Awful news. He was a cut above everyone in our team last season. Age is irrelevant, we’ve just lost our standout performer. Hope he does well at Notts though. 

Age is relevant, DM will be 36 in November, Would he have been able to see a 46+ game season at DCFC...nope not a chance in hell, PW would have made him a priority to sign, But as some posters have said...his heart ruled, Bearing in mind before he signed for us last season he was thinking of retirement, So he got a lifeline with us which he grabbed and now a boyhood dream has followed.

He's now plying his trade in league 2, I watched the playoffs, Stockport, Carlisle, Salford and Bradford City an awful watch, He's going down to play against the dead men, Cloggers, Nutters, Over physical, Clumsy is a polite way of saying be careful what you've wished for, His brain is far far to good for that division, Notts County had better have some other better players in the pipeline to protect and feed that brain of his...I'll be following with great interest.

All the best DM you were a joy to watch 👍

9 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

You what?

We signed him last summer when we had tighter budgetary constraints than this one.

He came here too prove he still he had it in him in his own words as had few offers.  Now he has he's dropped a division.  We aren't replacing him again with a 25 goal player on our budget.

4 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I genuinely don't understand why I've just seen "League two is a bigger pull than Warne"

It's not league two. It's Notts County. It's his club. He wants to retire there. Fair play. Could have stayed here for more money. He's literally just said himself that no other club he would have gone for. 

Internally they would have known about this for ages. I would imagine that Mcgoldrick has said "Look if Notts go up there's a chance I could go back there and I'd want to"

I wish him nothing but the best. Was unbelievable for us last season and without him we'd have been nowhere.

But that was the season of his life and we cannot be relying on him to do that again. We need 3-4 strikers chipping in with 8-15 goals each. We need wide players chipping in with 5-10. 

It's not just about replacing Mcgoldricks goals with an individual it needs to be spread. 

Other than Hourihane and NML. Goals from other areas of the team were pitiful.

But fans using this as a stick to beat Warne or the club with are a joke.

What is this sense u speak, we’ll not have this here, this is derby forum for derby people

3 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Because some people will be overly negative and turn anything they can against PW because they’ve already made up their minds that I don’t like him.

I can understand some players may not want to play for him, because of his management style or whatever, but that’s not to say that others won’t want to play for him. He’s managed to get players to join who have been good enough to get promoted 3 separate times. And that’s at a club with less money and less impressive facilities.

People are wetting themselves because we need x amount of players and haven’t signed anyone yet. If we’re in this position in a month, fair enough, but holidays haven’t ended yet, contracts haven’t ended yet, pre-season hasn’t started yet.

Just now, Kernow said:

Because some people will be overly negative and turn anything they can against PW because they’ve already made up their minds that I don’t like him.

I can understand some players may not want to play for him, because of his management style or whatever, but that’s not to say that others won’t want to play for him. He’s managed to get players to join who have been good enough to get promoted 3 separate times. And that’s at a club with less money and less impressive facilities.

People are wetting themselves because we need x amount of players and haven’t signed anyone yet. If we’re in this position in a month, fair enough, but holidays haven’t ended yet, contracts haven’t ended yet, pre-season hasn’t started yet.

That and we've literally come out and said. We're close to signing players. Delay on the final agreements are the fact that players are on holiday 

2 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Didn’t we get a 25 goal scorer at the start of last season on a lower budget?

One who wanted too prove himself again.  We won't be that lucky again.  He was also one of the last in the door following a quick turnover of established higher division players coming into the club.  Our top scorer and best player has exited the building, that will have a serious effect on anyone thinking of joining from a higher division this time round or anyone with other options.

1 minute ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

That and we've literally come out and said. We're close to signing players. Delay on the final agreements are the fact that players are on holiday 

Exactly. One player makes a decision to join his boyhood club who are 1 division below, have offered him a longer contract and also an apparent future after he retires and all of a sudden Warne is a non-league fraud who nobody wants to play for.

9 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

It’s because there are some posters who feel strongly anti Paul Warne and therefore McGoldrick making a decision to join Notts cannot be anything other than the failing of the manager. It’s not even possible that it’s down to the club and their potential financial decisions, they will say it is solely Paul Warne’s fault despite all evidence to the contrary. In their view it doesn’t matter what David McGoldrick has actually said about it and they’d rather question his personal integrity than accept it’s anything other than a player desperately trying to escape our manager. 

6 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

He came here too prove he still he had it in him in his own words as had few offers.  Now he has he's dropped a division.  We aren't replacing him again with a 25 goal player on our budget.

Clairvoyant as well? 

How about we settle the f*** down and see what happens 

the window has been open for 5 minutes 

On 03/06/2023 at 14:12, Derbados said:

Before I tell you my snippet of info, I have no idea if he’ll re-sign or not, no idea if he’s literally just moving house etc. but my friend works for a removals company and has this week moved Didzys furniture “up north” 

Most likely means absolutely nothing, but he’s moving out of the Derby /Notts  area non the less 

Where have they taken his furniture 😲

On 06/06/2023 at 20:55, DerbyPride12 said:

Sounds like b******* but I had it on extremely good authority he was going to be offered, or had already been offered, a contact by Notts County about two weeks ago.

The contract by Notts is two-year with a clause that will make him a "Youth Ambassador" after he retires with the club, giving him pathway into youth coaching which is what he intends to do once retiring, especially with Notts as it's boyhood club.

The contract by Derby is for just the one year. 

He is going to accept the one year contract with Derby, before moving to Notts County to retire (assuming they offer him a contract after this year with Derby, which they will). 

This is as good as coming from the horse's mouth - if it turns out to not be true then go ahead an ban my account. 

Awkward Season 4 GIF by The Office

10 minutes ago, The Last Post said:

Age is relevant, DM will be 36 in November, Would he have been able to see a 46+ game season at DCFC...nope not a chance in hell, PW would have made him a priority to sign, But as some posters have said...his heart ruled, Bearing in mind before he signed for us last season he was thinking of retirement, So he got a lifeline with us which he grabbed and now a boyhood dream has followed.

He's now plying his trade in league 2, I watched the playoffs, Stockport, Carlisle, Salford and Bradford City an awful watch, He's going down to play against the dead men, Cloggers, Nutters, Over physical, Clumsy is a polite way of saying be careful what you've wished for, His brain is far far to good for that division, Notts County had better have some other better players in the pipeline to protect and feed that brain of his...I'll be following with great interest.

All the best DM you were a joy to watch 👍

At the start of the season, people were saying he would be too old. He’s managed the season well. One year older? I don’t see why he wouldn’t have a good run of games. He looks fit. He might even manage 40 plus games for Notts. Some players just manage games well and their bodies well and have longer careers. He’s one of those. He’s never going to be a long term signing but Derby now need a player of his goal scoring capability and quality next season. Very tough to find. Hopefully Warne will find one. 

5 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Exactly. One player makes a decision to join his boyhood club who are 1 division below, have offered him a longer contract and also an apparent future after he retires and all of a sudden Warne is a non-league fraud who nobody wants to play for.

Even the article on Notts County website they mention he's not come got financial reasons which probably means he would have earnt more money here