Thank you Mr Clowes.

Ram1988

9 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

When he mentioned his first match , I guessed Charlie would be his first hero.

David Clowes is such an unassuming guy. 

He was at Matlock Friday night.  
Said a quick hello

Pete we have been through a lot as fans but I couldn’t be happier now .

Charlie George  was something else  .

7 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

Massive oversight in all the interviews I’ve read/watched with him so far, that he hasn’t been asked this question, as we all want to know - 

Are sausages back on the menu???

Hope not, that was the start of the slide

Things I enjoyed...

Genuine fan with decades of supporting the team 

Nice hint of a Derby accent

Spoke well of Mel's 'team'

Didn't criticise Kirchner

Talked about how emotional he was at buying the club

Really creating a decent relationship with the EFL

Gave credit to Lionel 

Didn't promise anything but talked about progress and stability. 

Not much more you could ask for. Hope he stay fairly quiet and enjoy the ride back to the top!

I’ve watched the interview about 3 or 4 times now, it’s absolute brilliant to have such an honourable man in charge. Our saviour looks to have very little ego and is such a massive breath of fresh air compared to the previous car crash.
He’s a proper fan, not a fake. Knows his football. I imagine Morris to have read the latest football sports science info then retell it to the press with that annoying smirk. He was like Brent and Dostoyevsky!

He’ll listen to others, he won’t run it like a one man toy shop. He has a huge amount of respect for the club. He won’t let us down. We are so, so lucky to have David Clowes as our owner. Thank you!

Great to hear him say 

" I will be listening to people  in all parts of the club"    Don't get the impression that Mel Morris did enough of this  and it is clear that his team from Clowes Developments are playing a big part.

Just as important was his intention to act with integrity and admitting that they won't have all the answers. His tribute to Lionel Pickering was welcome.

We are very fortunate  to have him as our owner and after all the garbage of the last twelve months it is hard to believe it has turned out like this. In the interview he seems such a genuine, likeable bloke.

I particularly liked the part of the interview where he spoke of shedding a few tears, together with his wife,  when it was confirmed his takeover had completed.

Also made me laugh when he said about taking his family on holiday to some weird destinations to coincide with Derby's preseason friendlies.

Really comes across as a down-to-earth, level-headed, unassuming character who really does have our club’s best interests at heart.

17 hours ago, Chester40 said:

Things I enjoyed...

Genuine fan with decades of supporting the team 

Nice hint of a Derby accent

Spoke well of Mel's 'team'

Didn't criticise Kirchner

Talked about how emotional he was at buying the club

Really creating a decent relationship with the EFL

Gave credit to Lionel 

Didn't promise anything but talked about progress and stability. 

Not much more you could ask for. Hope he stay fairly quiet and enjoy the ride back to the top!

Just for balance, here is a list of the poor things about that interview:

2 hours ago, CornwallRam said:

That thread (or very thick strand of blonde hair?) on his right shoulder (His right, your left!).

Cracking interview... but I just kept brushing his bloody shoulder.  ?

22 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

That thread (or very thick strand of blonde hair?) on his right shoulder (His right, your left!).

Cracking interview... but I just kept brushing his bloody shoulder.  ?

I noticed that, completely ruined the interview for me, should have been dealt with, come on Owen you need to up your game ?

3 hours ago, CornwallRam said:

I think he mentioned that his first game was v Forest in the 77/78 season, then mentioned he thought it was Nov '78, shocking attention to detail, Clowes out.

I could, of course, be misquoting him or simply completely wrong. Still got to go though.

Listened again to his interview. His humility and down to earth approach comes over in bucketloads.! I think his tenure will far exceed our expectations. If the team on the pitch can replicate the confidence he exudes we are in for a great few seasons. I don't think he will be around for the long term (he will want to go back to sitting in the North stand) but he will hand over the reins to someone who he believes will have the best intentions of this club. Really excited about this season especially . Expect some ups and downs but we will be there or thereabouts at the end. Thank you again Mr Clowes for putting your money into an iconic club with fantastic and loyal fans.I hope you will enjoy this and a few more seasons at the helm. UTR!

• 3 weeks later...