Thank you Mr Clowes.

Ram1988

On 04/07/2022 at 20:50, angieram said:

I think Derby County Community Trust might continue their fund to buy tickets for families who can't afford it. If they do, you'd be putting money into the club and adding to the matchday atmosphere. What's not to like about that? 

Good idea. Maybe season tickets too? 

40 minutes ago, Amberram said:

Can we name a stand after this guy.

Sorry if it’s been mentioned but his act is a landmark in Derby County’s history.

I don’t think David is that kind of “attention seeker” . We do not see him walking round the pitch with every new signing , pointing up to the North stand saying “ Look where I sit”. He will let people do their jobs and keep out of the changing room. A breath of fresh air.

On 10/07/2022 at 14:06, Gritstone Ram said:

Apart from the endless hand shaking he’d have I can’t think of a reason why he couldn’t sit with the fans. I would like to shake his hand but I’m not going to tell him how I think he should run the club.

Remember when Mel Morris did this, it was labelled as a PR stunt.

It’s possible whoever was advising him, mentioned this point.

Football fans are very fickle by design, don’t spend enough money, spend too much, sack a manager, don’t sack a manager, whatever they do will lose confidence in their ownership.

Whilst David Clowes is riding the crest of the fan wave right now, at some point he will dip as the season(s) go on, it’s best not to leave any crumbs that could be used against him further down the line.

4 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

I don’t think David is that kind of “attention seeker” . We do not see him walking round the pitch with every new signing , pointing up to the North stand saying “ Look where I sit”. He will let people do their jobs and keep out of the changing room. A breath of fresh air.

I genuinely thought you were referring to the forum owner for a minute, not our new club owner! 

I was halfway through a response, saying @David, would love the attention and would definitely be in favour of naming a stand after him, If not the whole ground.

4 hours ago, David said:

Whilst David Clowes is riding the crest of the fan wave right now, at some point he will dip as the season(s) go on, it’s best not to leave any crumbs that could be used against him further down the line.

Hope people do not turn against him. Would be unfair. He saved our bacon, he’s not after publicity and I don’t think he’ll interfere in football matters. He’s beyond reproach so far as I’m concerned 

2 hours ago, Rev said:

I genuinely thought you were referring to the forum owner for a minute, not our new club owner! 

I was halfway through a response, saying @David, would love the attention and would definitely be in favour of naming a stand after him, If not the whole ground.

I want the freedom of the city!

He Man Reaction GIF

2 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Hope people do not turn against him. Would be unfair. He saved our bacon, he’s not after publicity and I don’t think he’ll interfere in football matters. He’s beyond reproach so far as I’m concerned 

I don’t disagree, but name me a club where the owners have a 100% approval rating, they just don’t exist, it is a shame but that’s the game.

This season is pretty much a free pass, but next summer, all this will be history, I guarantee it.

8 hours ago, David said:

I don’t disagree, but name me a club where the owners have a 100% approval rating, they just don’t exist, it is a shame but that’s the game.

This season is pretty much a free pass, but next summer, all this will be history, I guarantee it.

You could be right, hopefully we will go up though, DC can sell up and move back to his seat in the stands.  I could be wrong, but, I do not see this as a long term project for him, its a charity act of mercy to save the club.  He may get his money back if we get promoted, with a sound business plan in place.

He's basically cleaning up another persons mess by paying more than the club was worth and for that whatever this or subsequent seasons bring I shall be eternally greatful to him.

Edited by RAM1966

52 minutes ago, RAM1966 said:

You could be right, hopefully we will go up though, DC can sell up and move back to his seat in the stands.  I could be wrong, but, I do not see this as a long term project for him, its a charity act of mercy to save the club.  He may get his money back if we get promoted, with a sound business plan in place.

He's basically cleaning up another persons mess by paying more than the club was worth and for that whatever this or subsequent seasons bring I shall be eternally greatful to him.

Yeah, I think from his opening letter buying the club was never in his plans, but when he had the money, he couldn’t just stand by and watch the club die with a clear conscious. 

If he can come in, steady the ship, bring in investors reducing his stake in a relatively short time frame then he could easily return back into the North Stand as a hero. Wouldn’t surprise me if that’s the plan.

I wonder if DC wishes that he could turn the clock back to last August? With hindsight, would he have bought the club off MM, avoiding the 12 point deduction, being able to sign players in January, offer contracts to players to stop them leaving for nothing and not being forced into the EFL business plan?

With that same hindsight, would MM have accepted less money?

43 minutes ago, ram59 said:

I wonder if DC wishes that he could turn the clock back to last August? With hindsight, would he have bought the club off MM, avoiding the 12 point deduction, being able to sign players in January, offer contracts to players to stop them leaving for nothing and not being forced into the EFL business plan?

Yes. And....no.

1 hour ago, ram59 said:

The running costs were out of control at that time. I don't think the club would have been affordable. Hence why nobody wanted to buy it then. At least relegation and contracts ending has given us an opportunity to reset those.