Thank you Mr Clowes.

Ram1988

13 minutes ago, David said:

To be honest, could have mentioned a few more.

It's just those few have been following our downfall with great interest across social media.

I understand a large part of football is the banter, I love it, but there are limits.

Losing a game, play offs, knocked out the cup, seeing a player leave, turn you down for a club lower down, fine.

When the very existence of a club is being threatened, nah. Too many innocent people are being affected by decisions they have zero control over.

I think the people who wanted us liquidated didn’t represent all fans for their clubs and I suspect a lot didn’t understand the implications of what they were wishing for. Some will have said it because it sounds good I doubt you could call them football fans.

Having gone through what felt like an impossible situation and mainly feeling sick/helpless/frustrated I as a football fan will never take any enjoyment if any other club ended up in the same situation. 

1 minute ago, Gritstone Ram said:

I think the people who wanted us liquidated didn’t represent all fans for their clubs and I suspect a lot didn’t understand the implications of what they were wishing for. Some will have said it because it sounds good I doubt you could call them football fans.

Having gone through what felt like an impossible situation and mainly feeling sick/helpless/frustrated I as a football fan will never take any enjoyment if any other club ended up in the same situation. 

You are right, likewise this forum is only a very small percentage of the fanbase.

I'm sure there are plenty of Bristol City fans for example that took no interest at all in our situation.

Can only go by what you read and whilst I know I shouldn't stoop to that level, can't help but feel angry towards those sets of fans online. it's those that I would like to see suffer. A lot. 

In time I will mellow, but give me a Boro in administration headline right now I'd be down the pub ordering a Megapint.

Bournemouth fans seemed largely understanding, because they remember how close their own club came to going under.

The surprisingly vindictive ones were the likes of Coventry, Luton and QPR, formerly financial basket-cases (and monumental financial cheats in the case of the latter) who narrowly escaped extinction at various points but willingly climbed onto the moral high ground purely because they are now regarded as "well run". Best make sure your owners keep it that way then, because we'll be all over you if you fall from the path of righteousness.

So grateful for DC stepping in to save our/his club. 

I have shed a tear like I did at the end of so many home games thinking it would be our last season. 

Generations of families go together to games and DC you need the freedom of Derby as without you we wouldn't be celebrating our survival and continue to do what has been going on for years gone by. 

Thank you coyr

Hi, not sure about the lagalities of this, but is there anyway someone can set up a just giving page for Dave Clowes, to say thank you and show our support! If every adult fan put in just £10 it must add up to about half a million towards the running of the club!! Not sure how it would stand with the EFL for them to take the money and use it, but if they couldn't use it directly, maybe it could be used to buy a sponsorship deal with the club for a local children's charity, it would just be a way to say thank you for saving the club!! 

2 hours ago, Eric the half a ram said:

Hi, not sure about the lagalities of this, but is there anyway someone can set up a just giving page for Dave Clowes, to say thank you and show our support! If every adult fan put in just £10 it must add up to about half a million towards the running of the club!! Not sure how it would stand with the EFL for them to take the money and use it, but if they couldn't use it directly, maybe it could be used to buy a sponsorship deal with the club for a local children's charity, it would just be a way to say thank you for saving the club!! 

Just buy tickets ! 

16 minutes ago, Eric the half a ram said:

Lol, would be nice, but not everyone can get to games! 

I think Derby County Community Trust might continue their fund to buy tickets for families who can't afford it. If they do, you'd be putting money into the club and adding to the matchday atmosphere. What's not to like about that? 

On 02/07/2022 at 16:16, kevinhectoring said:

Don’t think he’ll look Bach. Faure into the transfer market next. Hope he’s got a good Chopin Liszt. Don’t think this Wilbye un Ravel ing soon so eat your heart out Parry 

I admire your knowledge of composers, not many heard of Wilbye, I'll bet. Please Tallis how you came by it. Surprised you didn't work Morley ito it.