Ram1988

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

For, he's a jolly good fellow,

For, he's a jolly good fellow,

For, he's  a jolly good fellow,

And so say all of us.

and so say all of us,

and so say all of us,

As old fashioned as that is (as I am myself) I think a one-off rousing rendition of that, say 2 mins after KO v Oxford, (for maximum effect?) wouldn't be totally absurd.  Rather touching in fact... and certainly deserved.

Extremely grateful to David Clowes for rescuing the club.

Despite always believing, maybe naively so, that liquidation would never have happened as it wasn’t in the best interests of any of the parties, it has still been extremely mentally draining.

I’ve spent more and more time offline unable to follow the daily news cycle, honestly can’t thank the moderators enough for keeping this platform running so smoothly. All those mentioning me and thanking me for this platform, you’re thanking the wrong person. 

What we have appears to be another reluctant benefactor/owner of the football club, someone that has not ran a football club before and there will be mistakes made along the way, that’s to be expected.

He will have pumped a shed load of money into this club, money he has no doubt worked hard for and may never see a penny of again, incurring further losses that come with owning a football club as the years roll by.

Personally, I think he’s a bit nuts to do this, but I’m glad he is. I just hope he can surround himself with the right people that can be trusted to assist him with running the club, something our previous owner got badly wrong, especially early on.

Let’s not forget, this game we all love is still massively broken thanks to the PL and EFL, we shouldn’t have to rely on draining multi millionaires wallets then moving on to the next, football clubs should be able to be ran sustainably like any other business. The governing bodies really need to get a grip, but sadly I fear we will need to see a big club go under for them to wake up and get a grip.

What we have just been through, we won’t be the last, I just hope that the next is either Boro, Wycombe, Bristol City, Forest or Leeds.

I genuinely do not want them to go out of business, just go through the torturous process and feel what we have, to sit there watching their club as opposition fans sing they are having a party when they die.

I’m going to have a party watching you suffer, I honestly can’t wait. 

Just now, Sean said:

I agree but I'm amazed you didn't mention Birmingham City.

To be honest, could have mentioned a few more.

It's just those few have been following our downfall with great interest across social media.

I understand a large part of football is the banter, I love it, but there are limits.

Losing a game, play offs, knocked out the cup, seeing a player leave, turn you down for a club lower down, fine.

When the very existence of a club is being threatened, nah. Too many innocent people are being affected by decisions they have zero control over.

11 minutes ago, David said:

To be honest, could have mentioned a few more.

It's just those few have been following our downfall with great interest across social media.

I understand a large part of football is the banter, I love it, but there are limits.

Losing a game, play offs, knocked out the cup, seeing a player leave, turn you down for a club lower down, fine.

When the very existence of a club is being threatened, nah. Too many innocent people are being affected by decisions they have zero control over.

Perhaps a mention to those didn't would be nice....? Who were classy?

Blackpool, Sheffield Wed, Villa, Bury?