Krystian Bielik - Joined Birmingham on a 3 year deal

DCFC1388

6 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Going to be a difficult one to go on loan in many ways as if it’s until January he will be missing for the World Cup period for any team that takes him on so it would probably need to be a full season loan but it’s a poor deal for the receiving club knowing he will be missing for a fair chunk of it.

I assume the league is pausing for the World Cup in most leagues no?

47 minutes ago, Simmo’s left foot said:

We will be on a very strict budget, so every penny spent matters....don't underestimate the situation we are in, and time it will take until we have recovered from it!

I'm not disagreeing with your thought process btw....if we're having to offload high earners from our books for financial stability then Rooney has got to be in that bracket as he will be by a country mile the best paid manager in League 1

6 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I'm not disagreeing with your thought process btw....if we're having to offload high earners from our books for financial stability then Rooney has got to be in that bracket as he will be by a country mile the best paid manager in League 1

Rooney's most likely fit enough to last the season, just worried that Bielik won't. ? That's the difference.

2 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

In terms of actual contracted players next season & even if Lawrence stayed I would think his wages will be below Bieliks

Perhaps, but he hasn't actually gone is my point. 

Weirdly he's not even on the list published by the EFL as being released or offered something. 

31 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Rooney's most likely fit enough to last the season, just worried that Bielik won't. ? That's the difference.

The comment was made purely on the merits of getting high earners off our books which will be an unaffordable luxury in League 1 whether they are fit are not.

So you cannot confine this discussion just to players if we will have a manager whose wages eclipse his peers in the division. 

35 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

Perhaps, but he hasn't actually gone is my point. 

Weirdly he's not even on the list published by the EFL as being released or offered something. 

That's because we're only allowed to offer contracts to under 24's at the moment due to our administration, these are the players for which we're entitled to compensation if they choose to leave.

Over 24's are just going to become free agents on 30 June as we can't officially offer them contracts that they can sign.

8 minutes ago, Carnero said:

That's because we're only allowed to offer contracts to under 24's at the moment due to our administration, these are the players for which we're entitled to compensation if they choose to leave.

Over 24's are just going to become free agents on 30 June as we can't officially offer them contracts that they can sign.

Ah yes, makes sense.  Thanks. 

I've been ignoring most everything  outside of the takeover news unless it's confirmation of someone leaving

Edited by Coconut's Beard

4 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

Ah yes, makes sense.  Thanks. 

I've been ignoring most everything  outside of the takeover news unless it's confirmation of someone leaving

Some of the offers may well be rejected as I believe we only have to match their current wage to be entitled to compensation. Cashin & Thompson are entitled to more really as they've now made it into the first team squad, same for Ebiowei who I assume has no intention of staying given the clubs chasing him!

• 3 weeks later...

I’m generally a positive poster- really, I am- but am I the only one to be a little suspicious of the “Bielik’s knee is a bit sore” line? For the first time ever, I hope he HAS got a sore knee, and this isn’t a yarn spun to hide an upcoming departure.

On the other hand, his wages must now be the biggest in the squad (?); he’ll attract a few if we sell rather than loan; he is just too good for League 1; he’ll have the World Cup in mind (and I think the Poland manager said he needed to play a higher level?); and we are awash with options at CM. Knight played on the wing and Sibley upfront, and Hourihane didn’t play at all.

Assuming we keep hold of Bird and Knight, how do we feel about losing Bielik ? if it opens up wages/funds for 2-3 other names on the roster?

I'm praying it's just a line spun - how else can we convince someone to take him? I fear we'll be stuck with the 'huge' wages and his appearances will be limited for us. I think at this level when we see the quality of frees that are available, he'd be easy to replace. Just cannot see anyone taking a risk on him tbh.

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I'm praying it's just a line spun - how else can we convince someone to take him? I fear we'll be stuck with the 'huge' wages and his appearances will be limited for us. I think at this level when we see the quality of frees that are available, he'd be easy to replace. Just cannot see anyone taking a risk on him tbh.

You’ll probably upset a few people with this but I agree. He’d help us the most by leaving, as sad as that is to say.

The problem we (the club) has with Bielek is that the transfer fee suggested for him on many sites is around £3.5m, but that does not cover the amount still owed to Arsenal. With him being the biggest earner here now, we really have to hope for a brilliant World Cup from him and clubs are interested in signing him in January. But what a gamble that is with his knees.

The whole package looks to be around £13m invested, an awful bit of business by the club to achieve nothing. But similar amount was invested in Lawrence, to show it was not a one-off bit of craziness, and I guess more so with Rooney and his wages (Wayne, not Jake). Those three alone add up to approx the amount David Clowes has just had to pay.

3 minutes ago, Macintosh said:

The problem we (the club) has with Bielek is that the transfer fee suggested for him on many sites is around £3.5m, but that does not cover the amount still owed to Arsenal.

And?

Whatever we still have to pay Arsenal is due whether Bielik is sold/loaned or not.

No consideration needs to be given to what is due to be paid to Arsenal, I don't understand why this keeps getting thrown out there as an issue.

40 minutes ago, Carnero said:

And?

Whatever we still have to pay Arsenal is due whether Bielik is sold/loaned or not.

No consideration needs to be given to what is due to be paid to Arsenal, I don't understand why this keeps getting thrown out there as an issue.

The 'And' is do we offload him now and take a £5m hit on what is owned to Arsenal still, if that's the true amount? Do we loan him out to remove his wages? Do we hope his value increases if he was to get games at the World Cup and then sell him? He has become a millstone because the gamble Morris took thinking he was the missing piece of the jigsaw to get us promoted. Value-wise it is probably best to play him every week here even if it harms his World Cup chances.