Krystian Bielik - Joined Birmingham on a 3 year deal

DCFC1388

10 minutes ago, Macintosh said:

The 'And' is do we offload him now and take a £5m hit on what is owned to Arsenal still, if that's the true amount? Do we loan him out to remove his wages? Do we hope his value increases if he was to get games at the World Cup and then sell him? He has become a millstone because the gamble Morris took thinking he was the missing piece of the jigsaw to get us promoted. Value-wise it is probably best to play him every week here even if it harms his World Cup chances.

But how likely is that to be possible?

17 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

But how likely is that to be possible?

Any player in the squad should be hoping to play 35-40 games in a season if their form is good and they are fit. I'd be looking for that from Conor Hourihane, Tom Barkhuizen, Haydon Roberts and Nathaniel Mendez-Laing. Joe Wildsmith, it is going to have to be 100 per cent. With Bielik in our side it would increase our promotion chances considerably, him and Hourihane should be the standout players in this division by a country mile.

Must admit I kinda just assumed KB would leave but, like Bird, doesnt seem to be linked with much

I thought he'd end up moving on loan, in a world Cup year his national manager has made it clear he wants to see him playing higher, but (without knowing what he's on) how many teams would match his wages on a longer contract given his injury history? Would they pay enough to cover what we owe, for the same reason? Not sure they would 

1 hour ago, Macintosh said:

Any player in the squad should be hoping to play 35-40 games in a season if their form is good and they are fit. I'd be looking for that from Conor Hourihane, Tom Barkhuizen, Haydon Roberts and Nathaniel Mendez-Laing. Joe Wildsmith, it is going to have to be 100 per cent. With Bielik in our side it would increase our promotion chances considerably, him and Hourihane should be the standout players in this division by a country mile.

Not what I meant - I meant how likely is it he'll stay fit? 

If any other team was interested I'd say cut our losses and say bye bye. Too much risk in our situation.

3 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Not what I meant - I meant how likely is it he'll stay fit? 

If any other team was interested I'd say cut our losses and say bye bye. Too much risk in our situation.

? Only the medical staff know that.

14 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

? They knew he'd do his ACL again? That he'd do his shoulder? That Poland would injure his knee?

He has history. It could happen to any player, but...

It's George Thorne all over again, a hush after each tackle, and that will likely never go away. My worry is how good is Bielek now because he never looked back to fitness on his last return. But, we'll know soon enough. I'd be sad though if he's running out for Hull, Reading, Wigan etc next season because the Polish manager said so.

The thing about Bielik moving... Would you take a chance on him if you were (for example) a Championship side? Doubt he's on low wages at the moment. There are a lot of safer bets, given his injury record. 

I'd love him to stick around this season. Think he could be great in League One. 

7 minutes ago, vonwright said:

The thing about Bielik moving... Would you take a chance on him if you were (for example) a Championship side? Doubt he's on low wages at the moment. There are a lot of safer bets, given his injury record. 

I'd love him to stick around this season. Think he could be great in League One. 

That's why I think he'll go on loan, less risk for whichever team

18 minutes ago, Macintosh said:

It's George Thorne all over again, a hush after each tackle, and that will likely never go away. My worry is how good is Bielek now because he never looked back to fitness on his last return. But, we'll know soon enough. I'd be sad though if he's running out for Hull, Reading, Wigan etc next season because the Polish manager said so.

I won't be sad, I'd be relieved we've got him off the payroll (we'll probably still owe Arsenal some fee even if we did). If he plays for some one else then good for him too. I'm a fan but ...

Yesterday was enough to convince me there's plenty of 'free' cover that would be more than good enough at league 1 level, for starters. 

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I won't be sad, I'd be relieved we've got him off the payroll (we'll probably still owe Arsenal some fee even if we did). If he plays for some one else then good for him too. I'm a fan but ...

Yesterday was enough to convince me there's plenty of 'free' cover that would be more than good enough at league 1 level, for starters. 

If he gets his fitness back we will have the best player in the league. I wouldn’t be rushing to get shot just yet….

50 minutes ago, vonwright said:

Exactly this and I do think we will still have him, especially if another club thinks he will be missing for the whole of the World Cup and I can’t see us contributing his wages at another club 

54 minutes ago, whiteroseram said:

That's why I think he'll go on loan, less risk for whichever team

Even as I loan I'd think twice, though. It's not like a loan comes at no cost, and there is a limit to how many clubs can have. 

If Bielik spends next season building his strength and confidence and fitness - and his knees stand up to it - there's no telling where he might be playing the following year. But right now... he's a tough sell. 

I do think he will go out on loan as we will probably want his wages freed up for the year, but I don’t think a season in league 1 would be that bad for him.

He needs a full season under his belt and I’d like to think he would have more chance of doing that without a huge strain on his body if he stayed here.

Play him at home where we’re likely to dominate and on a good surface, then use him away as and when we’re playing a side with a decent pitch or who actually play football so he doesn’t get battered and bruised.

This is going to sound overly critical and i don't mean it to be, but I would really love him to want to stay and help us out of League One. 

We spent an awful lot on him and he has spent most of his time with us on the treatment table. I won't criticise him if he leaves on loan or a permanent - that's just what football is - but I'd love him to decide to stay and repay the faith. 

As some have said, a season in League One wouldn't be terrible for him.