Mel Morris fan club

Spanish

Just wondered if Morris has any support left at all now that the full extent of the mess that he's created has been filed at companies house? 

Are we now all agreed what a disaster he's been for the club?

Boro and Wycombe court cases are a real danger to our existence, while I think they have zero chance of succeding, it may put off buyers...  Wycombes should be against the EFL not us for dragging proceedings out...

So where are the Mel lovers now?

Edited by RAM1966

On 20/11/2021 at 08:49, RAM1966 said:

Look at the amount of companies set up, closed etc.  All to aviod falling fowl of FFP P&S.  Good knows how long its going to take to sort this mess out.

I think with the Midlesborough and Wycombe legal action on going, there is a real danger that some if not all of the buyers may pull out.  Don't get me wrong, I do not think there is a cat in hells chance either will be successful, but, it could well put off potential buyers.  Investors do not like risk and £51m in claims against is is a huge risk.....

Regarding Morris, as somone has already alluded to, the final act over the ground would be a very telling sign as to hiw much he cares about the fans and the club.  Morris should really of place PPS into the melting pot when he put the club in admin.  If he had an ounce of decency, if he gets any money back at all he should give to the local businesses/creditors creditors that may be at risk of going out if business.  He should also enurse that loyal ex-employees recieve a decent redundancy package.....

I just hope that the punishments are now over and tge EFL do not come sniffing around looking for more thing to punish us for diring the remainder of the 3 year P&S cycle we are currently in.

Rant over

He really has chickened out and ducked all his responsibilities.

There is no support just an understanding that despite the many, many mistakes being made it could so easily have worked out very differently, which then gets taken as support rather than what it really is, which is (for most, I would say) a lack of desire to hold onto anger and grudges for it doesn't do one's soul any good.

The most I can muster up is a long and heavy sigh.

The constant "where are his supporters now, eh?" just feels like playing to the crowd and calling out people who don't even exist.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

24 minutes ago, RAM1966 said:

To be honest...and I can only speak for myself, I never really loved Mel, I've never spoken to him, I've seen him from a distance while seated in my seat at PP, I've seen him in the media with fellow Rams fans inside and outside pubs when DCFC were away, I've heard him on the radio, And to be really fare...he aint my type, It's the bald head you see, Having millions of £s you'd have thought that would be a game changer...but not for me.

Now Rita Hayworth...God Damn WOW!

16 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

To be honest...and I can only speak for myself, I never really loved Mel, I've never spoken to him, I've seen him from a distance while seated in my seat at PP, I've seen him in the media with fellow Rams fans inside and outside pubs when DCFC were away, I've heard him on the radio, And to be really fare...he aint my type, It's the bald head you see, Having millions of £s you'd have thought that would be a game changer...but not for me.

Now Rita Hayworth...God Damn WOW!

Is she still going? Haven’t watched Coronation Street for years.

39 minutes ago, RAM1966 said:

Just wondered if Morris has any support left at all now that the full extent of the mess that he's created has been filed at companies house? 

Boro and Wycombe court cases are a real danger to our existence, while I think they have zero chance of succeding, it may put off buyers...  Wycombes should be against the EFL not us for dragging proceedings out...

To answer your question one particular "Mel lover" to quote yourself has been conspicuous by their absence on this forum for a number of weeks now, whether this is related to recent events unfolding or not is open to debate.

Some people still believe in the Loch Ness Monster and the Sasquatch despite all credible evidence to the contrary to put your comment into some context.

5 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

To answer your question one particular "Mel lover" to quote yourself has been conspicuous by their absence on this forum for a number of weeks now, whether this is related to recent events unfolding or not is open to debate.

Some people still believe in the Loch Ness Monster and the Sasquatch despite all credible evidence to the contrary to put your comment into some context.

To be fair, the Loch Ness Monster has been spotted more times than Mel Morris over the last 6 weeks.

1 hour ago, RAM1966 said:

Derbys new owners will bring in quality sports lawyers who will rip apart the boro and Wycombe Court cases.

It's been mentioned on this bulletin board before that if the efl allowed such cases to succeed it will seriously hurt the efl as well as Derby and open the floodgates to other clubs being damaged in this way by other claims, how could the efl keep silent on something like that and if the efl did so then I doubt the efl needs to continue to exist because they would be unfit for purpose for failing to act in their members best interests.

I intensly dislike the efl.

• 2 weeks later...

I don’t see how Morris can sleep at night having run us into the ground not paying HMRC I mean that is scandalous a total disgrace and then to walk away it’s beyond words it really is 

the amount of people and there families this has affected due to admin not just livelihoods but there’s thousands of fans of this club who no doubt like myself am really struggling coming to terms with our situation …shame on you Mel Morris we trusted you ?

When will people realise that Mel only took over the club when there was a real possibility of premier league promotion.

He bought 22% after our play off final defeat in 2014. Then in 2015 he bought the rest of the shares, becoming sole owner. At this point we looked to be certainties for promotion.

What comes with promotion? A massive amount of revenue. This includes the tv money, more sponsorships and good money depending on where you finish in the league.

He bought us to boost his own bank account either through establishing us a premier league or through selling us at a huge profit when we become attractive.

On 19/11/2021 at 15:20, Amberram said:

If he owns the ground, this is where we will see him for what he is, regarding what he does with it.

He could give it back to the club and regain some credit

Well he’s said he’ll waive £120m (?) of debt and the admins have confirmed the stadium will be part of the sale. So seems he’s already agreed to do exactly what you say he should be doing.  It’s more than many would do in his position imho 

2 hours ago, Warwick Ram said:

When will people realise that Mel only took over the club when there was a real possibility of premier league promotion.

He bought 22% after our play off final defeat in 2014. Then in 2015 he bought the rest of the shares, becoming sole owner. At this point we looked to be certainties for promotion.

What comes with promotion? A massive amount of revenue. This includes the tv money, more sponsorships and good money depending on where you finish in the league.

He bought us to boost his own bank account either through establishing us a premier league or through selling us at a huge profit when we become attractive.

There's no such thing as "certainties for promotion" in the Championship, certainly not for a team without parachute payments, and certainly not in late August 2015 when we'd already lost two of our best players to season long injuries. GSE got a higher price for those shares purely because we were in the PO final - a gamble on Morris' part that failed, like so many of his gambles in respect of DCFC. I think it's a big presumption to claim he was "only in it for the money" because, if that was the case, why bother to invest in the Academy and stadium to the tune of tens of millions of £s? It makes no sense. 

If he was purely an asset-stripper, he had a strange way of going about it. I've seen them at work and they don't leave themselves adrift - they make sure they have first call over the assets when the time comes to scarper.