Mel Morris fan club

Spanish

1 hour ago, RAM1966 said:

Only if the club have paid the money to the Taxman, which it appears they have not.  Therefore their contribution has not been paid.  This happened to my wife when we were working abroad, she had tax and NI deducted from her payslip.  Yet the government department that employed her failed to make the payment's and as a result she had a gap in her record.

Fortunately she had kept her payslips and after a few months of letters backwards and forwards the contributions were paid, had they not have been she would of been 5 years short of NI contributions.

Im talking with the benefit of experience!!!!

Happy to be challenged further though.... Before you do try reading this https://taxaid.org.uk/guides/information/an-introduction-to-income-tax-national-insurance-and-tax-credits/national-insurance/national-insurance-for-employees-and-employers/about-employers

20211024_125635.jpg

How many will even realise?  By the time these people even realise the short fall it could be many years later.....  Will they still have these wage slips decades on when they retire to prove they paid thuer Tax & NI  contributions?

My wife only realised when we came back to the UK as they said she was not entitled to job seekers allowance.  Luckily she had proof of her contributions, will someone in there 30s today have proof when they reach retirement age?

However you dress it up, its a disgrace....

How many will even realise?  By the time these people even realise the short fall it could be many years later.....  Will they still have these wage slips decades on when they retire to prove they paid thuer Tax & NI  contributions?

My wife only realised when we came back to the UK as they said she was not entitled to job seekers allowance.  Luckily she had proof of her contributions, will someone in there 30s today have proof when they reach retirement age?

However you dress it up, its a disgrace....

Even when your employer gets it right it’s worth checking your NI contribution record. 

I’ve been a contractor in the financial services industry for the last 10 years or so. For two years, whilst my wife was recovering from breast cancer, I didn’t bother to find a new contract but instead relied on my previous employers pension that I was receiving. However, my NI records with HMRC say I have a 12 month gap in contributions. Ironically, the only evidence I could send them to prove I wasn’t working was my self assessment tax return for that year which, of course, they already had.

58 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Even when your employer gets it right it’s worth checking your NI contribution record. 

I’ve been a contractor in the financial services industry for the last 10 years or so. For two years, whilst my wife was recovering from breast cancer, I didn’t bother to find a new contract but instead relied on my previous employers pension that I was receiving. However, my NI records with HMRC say I have a 12 month gap in contributions. Ironically, the only evidence I could send them to prove I wasn’t working was my self assessment tax return for that year which, of course, they already had.

You prove my point nicely, I wonder how many who've criticised my concerns would be so nonchalant about it if it was there NI contributions that had not been paid!

You prove my point nicely, I wonder how many who've criticised my concerns would be so nonchalant about it if it was there NI contributions that had not been paid!

Increasingly I am coming to the impression that your wife was touched by the taxman, rather than overlooked. Let it go RAM1966.

58 minutes ago, oldtimeram said:

I was wondering if Morris is still attending matches and sitting in the Directors Box, or is he keeping a low profile at the moment?

Well one of the administrators was parked in Mel's parking space for Saturday's game so unless Mel walked in he probably wasn't there.

Mel is a fan so hopefully he feels that he can attend when it suits him going forward.

1 hour ago, metalsheep02 said:

Well one of the administrators was parked in Mel's parking space for Saturday's game so unless Mel walked in he probably wasn't there.

Mel is a fan so hopefully he feels that he can attend when it suits him going forward.

Depends on how this all pans out,,could be a situation where he might never want to show his face again at a Derby game ,,, if there is a Derby left to go and watch?‍♂️

Edited by Archied

2 hours ago, metalsheep02 said:

I also noticed a very fancy silver sports car parked in Mel's spot -Aston Martin? and wasn't sure it was his car or not. Stephen Pearce's spot was also taken and the guy who got out of the car looked a bit like him, but not sure who it was.

5 minutes ago, Wistaston Ram said:

I also noticed a very fancy silver sports car parked in Mel's spot -Aston Martin? and wasn't sure it was his car or not. Stephen Pearce's spot was also taken and the guy who got out of the car looked a bit like him, but not sure who it was.

Look, I was just nipping in to get my season ticket that’s all.

2 hours ago, metalsheep02 said:

That will be the best way to enter Pride Park.