Mel Morris fan club

Spanish

6 minutes ago, S8TY said:

of course we can't change the past but for anyone to make excuses for Mel is beyond belief it really is!!

Our Football club is in deep trouble and owes millions to HMRC ( No Excuses ) and yet some see that Mel is not totally to blame !!! it beggars belief!!  We seriously might not even have a football club soon and although I agree ranting and raving will cure nothing I cannot and will not forgive MM of how he's treated this football club...Covid is not an excuse ...I don't see other clubs in a total embarrasing mess like us and I don't see other clubs making a complete hash of it regarding amortisation etc etc ...its a shambles full stop and starts and finishes with the head man who generously  walked away.l...yeah thanks Mel.....lol..........The worst thing that ever happened to our club was the day MM gained control....we were not far away before he intervened and have gone backwards since and now face liquidation if we dont find 30m owed in taxes!!! I'll go further to say had we been run correctly we might be a lot nearer the prem than league1 if we have a football club to actually play in the 3rd tier ......shambles!!! and a disgrace!! 

I totally agree with you 

ranting and raving will cure nothing.

On 05/12/2021 at 20:31, Philmycock said:

Mel could still pay the HMRC bill and save his club

I don't think he can .....DCFC is a limited organisation so if he walks away the debt doesn't follow him it follows us...also how would it look if he paid the HMRC but then didn't pay other creditors ?? If he was going to pay that bill then surely he would've done so before being put into admin.....also if it was true some players like Buchanan were being touted by clubs for a few million why didn't he sell ?? when Collymore let it out of the bag that we were in deeper trouble than anyone imagined and could mean the club goes under he wasn't wrong and whats more is.....it hasn't happened overnight....well before covid was even mentioned we were being run very badly ....its actually heart breaking whats happened to us it really is ?

11 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Already done, what’s your point.

Of course they are, what with you being a super fan and all that.

My point is if it makes somebody feel better to express their contempt against the previous owner they should be free to do so without flippant remarks such as the one you made. 

Everybody knows ranting and raving achieves little given the predicament of the club but if it allows an author to let off steam and feel better, the kind of trite reply you posted only serves to antagonise in my opinion.

It’s not the ranting and raving it’s repeating the same thing over and over for 27 pages. We all get the point. It seems I’m not allowed to have have my say though. As for flippant remarks You’re the one that used the term superfan in a derogatory way mocking me for supporting the team home and away.

53 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

It’s not the ranting and raving it’s repeating the same thing over and over for 27 pages. We all get the point. It seems I’m not allowed to have have my say though. As for flippant remarks You’re the one that used the term superfan in a derogatory way mocking me for supporting the team home and away.

Its not meant to be  repeating but if it is so what??...my point was there are some on here who defend MM and i find that incredible to find any defence....you say you can't have your say yet leave derisory remarks about others having there say!! ...we're all fans on here mate

1 minute ago, S8TY said:

Its not meant to be  repeating but if it is so what??...my point was there are some on here who defend MM and i find that incredible to find any defence....you say you can't have your say yet leave derisory remarks about others having there say!! ...we're all fans on here mate

Yeah but some of us are superfans.?

On 04/12/2021 at 22:04, PistoldPete said:

Maybe all your taxes are deducted fronm your salary so you don't have a choice. ANd maybe the Government didn't tell you to stop earning anything.. but still expect you to pay wages to your staff and their taxes...  out of thin air.

This does raise the interesting question of whether DCFC claimed furlough money for non footballing staff, used this to pay them their net wages, having deducted their taxes ' NI and then didn't pay over those deductions even though the government had, largely, given us up to 80% of the gross pay.

28 minutes ago, angieram said:

If you'd like to repost without the personal insults then your posts won't be hidden.

Apologies to those just replying to the posts! 

I'm going to have to start taking screenshots of posts, just to remember what's what. 

It's like Memento on here!?

21 minutes ago, Turk Thrust said:

Oh dear. It’s “diatribes”.

TBH typos are the least of the problems for  some of the posters on this thread. But anyway I think we do need to move on, if Morris can afford to pay the club's  debts I think we all agree he should. But unfortunately we can't make him do that, even if he is able.    

1 hour ago, Rev said:

I'm going to have to start taking screenshots of posts, just to remember what's what. 

It's like Memento on here!?

What's memento? 

Here you are: 

I think the unique circumstances of Covid presented an opportunity Mel couldn't bring himself to overlook.

In normal times, I doubt HMRC would overlook non payment for more than a quarter, maybe less now we're in real time reporting and payment.

The Covid related amnesty on chasing HMRC debts allowed him to place the burden on the taxpayer, instead of himself, whilst thrashing around desperately to find a buyer.