Mel Morris fan club

Spanish

2 minutes ago, Gritstone Tup said:

The national press should be hanging him out to dry as well, this is the biggest scandal in football!

The only thing I can forgive is that numerous other clubs cheated before us and Mel saw they got away with it and went for it in spades too. 

Assuming he is still worth millions, putting us into admin with the loss of jobs and unpaid debts to other businesses, is shameful. 

Personally I dont hold any a particular grudge against MM. He took on ownership of the Club, made some poor decisions sometimes based on bad advice. Had some really tough breaks with player injuries...Thorne, Hughes, Bryson, Bielik, then Covid....I just dont see the point in turning on him I really dont.

I do. He milked the adulation when things looked positive, couldn’t keep his trap shut, appearing on TalkSport whenever he liked, fans forums, giving it the big ‘un, yet not peep out of him when it all turned awry then he had the temerity to say if you say nasty things about me (at Pride Park) I’ll pull the plug.

Nobody said nasty things about him at the ground and guess what ? He pulled the chuffin’ plug anyway. I’ve no time for him.

3 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

I do. He milked the adulation when things looked positive, couldn’t keep his trap shut, appearing on TalkSport whenever he liked, fans forums, giving it the big ‘un, yet not peep out of him when it all turned awry then he had the temerity to say if you say nasty things about me (at Pride Park) I’ll pull the plug.

Nobody said nasty things about him at the ground and guess what ? He pulled the chuffin’ plug anyway. I’ve no time for him.

I thought he said if the fans start chanting Morris out, he would join in ?

BJv.thumb.gif.61d5337f65e38676742599c9d8624a04.gif

54 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

Personally I dont hold any a particular grudge against MM. He took on ownership of the Club, made some poor decisions sometimes based on bad advice. Had some really tough breaks with player injuries...Thorne, Hughes, Bryson, Bielik, then Covid....I just dont see the point in turning on him I really dont.

Edited by Tyler Durden

12 minutes ago, Amberram said:

If he owns the ground, this is where we will see him for what he is, regarding what he does with it.

He could give it back to the club and regain some credit

Admin have already said the stadium is part of the package and nothing has changed from that perspective. Whether it's gratis, no one knows.

4 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

BJv.thumb.gif.61d5337f65e38676742599c9d8624a04.gif

Totally agree. Whoever comes in needs to bring on new advisors and clear out anyone from the current advisors. Something within the club turns good players into poor players (Johnson, Butterfield ). That needs sorting. The whole scouting system needs removing and replacing with the manager involved in who comes in. Not clear how much influence most managers were involved previously but they need to be involved

2 hours ago, I know nuffin said:

Totally agree. Whoever comes in needs to bring on new advisors and clear out anyone from the current advisors. Something within the club turns good players into poor players (Johnson, Butterfield ). That needs sorting. The whole scouting system needs removing and replacing with the manager involved in who comes in. Not clear how much influence most managers were involved previously but they need to be involved

I disagree with this in a way.

I think we've needed a Director of Football these last 6 years, someone who will remain in post no matter what, and can plan recruitment accordingly, in line with the vision the owner has set out.

Mel's 'Derby Way' was an admirable ambition, yet he never put in place the structure to achieve it, I suspect his ego overtook him and he thought he could fulfill the role himself.

The position we've been in, and the position we're going to find ourselves in when the dust settles, are naturally going to lead to a high level of manager churn.

Hire a manager and he does well, they'll be plucked away by the bigger boys, hire one who turns out to be a bad fit and we will sack them.

In Mel's time, we've been through Mac, Clement, Wassall, Pearson, Powell , Mac again, Rowett, Lampard, Cocu and Rooney.

All managers who set up and manage differently to their predecessor, and want different types of players in their squad.

All we needed in that time was consistency of management styles, so the next man could hit the ground running from day one, and not have to tear apart and rebuild the squad.

That's where a director of football may have a difference.

Edited by Rev
Missedout

11 hours ago, Rev said:

I disagree with this in a way.

I think we've needed a Director of Football these last 6 years, someone who will remain in post no matter what, and can plan recruitment accordingly, in line with the vision the owner has set out.

Mel's 'Derby Way' was an admirable ambition, yet he never put in place the structure to achieve it, I suspect his ego overtook him and he thought he could fulfill the role himself.

The position we've been in, and the position we're going to find ourselves in when the dust settles, are naturally going to lead to a high level of manager churn.

Hire a manager and he does well, they'll be plucked away by the bigger boys, hire one who turns out to be a bad fit and we will sack them.

In Mel's time, we've been through Mac, Clement, Wassall, Pearson, Powell , Mac again, Rowett, Lampard, Cocu and Rooney.

All managers who set up and manage differently to their predecessor, and want different types of players in their squad.

All we needed in that time was consistency of management styles, so the next man could hit the ground running from day one, and not have to tear apart and rebuild the squad.

That's where a director of football may have a difference.

A director of football would have made zero difference, just a pointless wage.  Morris would have interferred, he micromanaged the whole downfall at every level at the club.

He would not and did not take advice from thise around him, clearly he's not listened to Pearce regarding spending and budgets, had he of done so Pearce would of been sacked for the financial mess we were in.

Look at the amount of companies set up, closed etc.  All to aviod falling fowl of FFP P&S.  Good knows how long its going to take to sort this mess out.

I think with the Midlesborough and Wycombe legal action on going, there is a real danger that some if not all of the buyers may pull out.  Don't get me wrong, I do not think there is a cat in hells chance either will be successful, but, it could well put off potential buyers.  Investors do not like risk and £51m in claims against is is a huge risk.....

Regarding Morris, as somone has already alluded to, the final act over the ground would be a very telling sign as to hiw much he cares about the fans and the club.  Morris should really of place PPS into the melting pot when he put the club in admin.  If he had an ounce of decency, if he gets any money back at all he should give to the local businesses/creditors creditors that may be at risk of going out if business.  He should also enurse that loyal ex-employees recieve a decent redundancy package.....

I just hope that the punishments are now over and tge EFL do not come sniffing around looking for more thing to punish us for diring the remainder of the 3 year P&S cycle we are currently in.

Rant over

Edited by RAM1966