Mel Morris fan club

Spanish

42 minutes ago, angieram said:

What's memento? 

Here you are: 

I think the unique circumstances of Covid presented an opportunity Mel couldn't bring himself to overlook.

In normal times, I doubt HMRC would overlook non payment for more than a quarter, maybe less now we're in real time reporting and payment.

The Covid related amnesty on chasing HMRC debts allowed him to place the burden on the taxpayer, instead of himself, whilst thrashing around desperately to find a buyer.

Thank you, I quite honestly wasn't being an arse, I couldn't remember the content, or the context for that matter.

Memento is a film with Guy Pierce (Mike from Neighbours), about a man with very short term memory loss investigating the death of his wife, who tattoos information on his body because he can't remember it.

I believe it was Christopher Nolan's first feature film, and is well worth a watch if you've never seen it, it's quite brilliant.

I may post this again in 20 minutes, so forgive me in advance.

10 hours ago, Rev said:

Thank you, I quite honestly wasn't being an arse, I couldn't remember the content, or the context for that matter.

Memento is a film with Guy Pierce (Mike from Neighbours), about a man with very short term memory loss investigating the death of his wife, who tattoos information on his body because he can't remember it.

I believe it was Christopher Nolan's first feature film, and is well worth a watch if you've never seen it, it's quite brilliant.

I think Following was his first film, but Memento is an early (and very good) one.

As for Mel Morris… history will definitely not judge him well!  And now we’re going to be league 1, our trainees can be picked off for even cheaper!

I can't help thinking Mel Morris should have employed this man to represent him, Simon Czoka QC. 

Joey Barton cleared of assaulting Daniel Stendel in stadium tunnel - BBC News

I shall have to be careful how I phrase things, but anyone who can persuade a court that Mr Stendel headbutted a metal structure voluntarily must be very good.

He probably would have been able to persuade the EFL that Mel pressed the wrong option when he compiled our accounting procedures, only fully understanding the procedure after the fourth occasion.

I also don't know what is more disconcerting. The verdict or the fact that Joey Barton is beginning to look like George Harrison. God help us if he releases an album.

48 minutes ago, Asanovic70 said:

I can't help thinking Mel Morris should have employed this man to represent him, Simon Czoka QC. 

Joey Barton cleared of assaulting Daniel Stendel in stadium tunnel - BBC News

I shall have to be careful how I phrase things, but anyone who can persuade a court that Mr Stendel headbutted a metal structure voluntarily must be very good.

He probably would have been able to persuade the EFL that Mel pressed the wrong option when he compiled our accounting procedures, only fully understanding the procedure after the fourth occasion.

I also don't know what is more disconcerting. The verdict or the fact that Joey Barton is beginning to look like George Harrison. God help us if he releases an album.

I'd imagine being Joey's QC is a full time position.

He's in court again on the later this month, accused of assaulting his wife.

• 1 month later...
On 07/12/2021 at 18:04, Rev said:

I watched again last weekend also worth highlighting Carrie Anne Moss (matrix) also has a lead role, very good film much better than  TENET, which I did not understand

2 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Take a look at the replies to this tweet for a trip down memory lane.

Looking back, it's absolutely mad how so many of us continued to support him.

I have absolutely nothing against someone trying to reach their dream. Unfortunately, he was just one very unskilled owner, which cost him money and fame, a club and the fans more than anyone could've imagined. 

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

The Clement bollocking episode.

Yes - going when the reports emerged of him going into the dressing room it was obvious we'd got big problem.

The reappointment of McClaren after sacking him just confirmed the extent of it.

The sad thing is, having read Ryan Hill's Pride book, you come away with the impression that if Morris had just made money available to strengthen the sqaud and then left his managers to manage rather trying to involve himself in football-related issues, we'd have probably got the promotion to the Prem he clearly so desparately wanted.

Assuming the accounts of ex-players and coaches are accurate, Morris pretty much sabotaged his own chances of success.

2 minutes ago, Red Ram said:

Yes - going when the reports emerged of him going into the dressing room it was obvious we'd got big problem.

The reappointment of McClaren after sacking him just confirmed the extent of it.

The sad thing is, having read Ryan Hill's Pride book, you come away with the impression that if Morris had just made money available to strengthen the sqaud and then left his managers to manage rather trying to involve himself in football-related issues, we'd have probably got the promotion to the Prem he clearly so desparately wanted.

Assuming the accounts of ex-players and coaches are accurate, Morris pretty much sabotaged his own chances of success.

You mean left to it then we wouldn't have signed all those 'ordinary' players for silly money and paid silly wages to many others?

12 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

You mean left to it then we wouldn't have signed all those 'ordinary' players for silly money and paid silly wages to many others?

I think giving managers more scope to build the squad and team they want - I do understand during the big spending days managers weren't deciding, Sam rush was (oh we bought Bradley Johnson because we heard we could)

3 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I think giving managers more scope to build the squad and team they want - I do understand during the big spending days managers weren't deciding, Sam rush was (oh we bought Bradley Johnson because we heard we could)

Except Morris always said he backed his managers - it would have been better to stick to a budget!

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

I didn't say he should have spent the same amount of money? The squad McClaren inherited from Clough only needed minor tweaking not a wholesale overhaul. Measured tactical investment to cover injuries (like the one to Will Hughes) would have made sense. Siging George Thorne made sense without the benefit of hindsight. Paying West Brom £15k every time he played didn't. No championship player is worth that kind of deal. Spending £50 million making the squad he inherited weaker made even less sense.

But despite all the above we came fairly close a number of times. Our chances could have only been improved by allowing the managers to manage.

I'd almost forgotten. Sacking Clement and replacing him with Wassall must be pretty high on the list!

Edited by Red Ram

1 minute ago, Red Ram said:

I didn't say he should have spent the same amount of money? The sqaud McClaren inherited from Clough only needed minor tweaking not wholescale overall. Measured tactical investment to cover injuries (like the one to Will Hughes) would have made sense. Siging George Thorne made sense without the benefit of hindsight. Paying West Brom £15k every time he played didn't. No championship player is worth that kind of deal. Spending £50 million making the squad he inherited weaker made even less sense.

But despite all the above we came fairly close a number of times. Our chances could have only been improved by allowing the managers to manage.

I'd almost forgotten. Sacking Clement and replacing him with Wassall must be pretty high on the list!

Sorry, I've forgotten...where are we now. Not where might we have been if pigs had flown?! 

The Clubs future was entrusted to Mel Morris. He almost killed it.

Edited by RoyMac5