Notice to appoint administrators

DerbySmog

19 minutes ago, bimmerman said:

plymouths a poo hole mate,home park is on the edge of the area where the hookers and the druggies hang out,and at the end of the road where the murders were a few weeks ago. probably an away day to avoid-i worked in plymouth for years and it makes chad look like kensington

The Kensington in Liverpool (AKA "Kenny"), it makes Toxteth look posh. 

Edited by Grumpy Git

2 minutes ago, SouthStandDan said:

Feel sorry for Wycombe now as we're good as down after half a dozen games. The poor sods.

Would be happy to do a switch right now to be honest if we avoided the points deduction. They deserve to be here, we don't and won't be much longer.

6 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Basically we've been here before but the last time we owed a bank money -co op -30 million quid which we cleared on promotion , hence the reason we got Andy Todd and ilk.  A least the debt was contained to a degree on that occasion.  This time its a myriad of poo and could see us go out of business in a few months and result in player sales to fund various creditors.  I expect to see us in League 2 barring a miracle in 2 years if there is a club at all .  the EFL are responsible for this putting off sale of the club by osmosis but no more than Morris who has effectively talked baalocks for 12 months.  With the cost of running this club at the minute - we are still getting TV money, gate revenue and sponsorship- putting it into admin is just disgraceful .  He should be ran out of town 

So why hasn’t Mel just sold us for £1 we take the 6/9 point deduction and hope a new owner can save us from relegation this year? What’s the benefit to him or the club putting us into admin?

Or is he to be believed that we can’t find a buyer and we’re simply losing too much money to carry on?

3 minutes ago, YouRams said:

So why hasn’t Mel just sold us for £1 we take the 6/9 point deduction and hope a new owner can save us from relegation this year? What’s the benefit to him or the club putting us into admin?

Or is he to be believed that we can’t find a buyer and we’re simply losing too much money to carry on?

The only benefit I can see is keeping cash in the bank.  As I put on here before , I dealt with administrators for a number of years and can see no reason.   

3 minutes ago, YouRams said:

I think the prospect of finding a new buyer is as likely as seeing rocking horse poo in the short or medium term so Morris has effectively said he's unwilling or unable to carry on funding the club until this happens.

4 minutes ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

In practical terms what does it mean for our ST?

Does administration change anything?

I think in practical terms it's still essentially valid, DCFC will field a team in their fixtures and you'll be able to attend matches as per your ticket - and when the administators find new owners they take on you season ticket as part of the obligations.

It opens the door to the business not being able to fulfill it's obligations and onwards to liquidation etc, but that would only be further down the line if no one can take on the club and there is no DCFC, which is still pretty unlikely.

5 minutes ago, YouRams said:

This is exactly what's getting me concerned. The one possibility that's making me think is that Mel was determined to get a 'good price' for the club and has scared off the last paltry investor he could find. 

5 minutes ago, YouRams said:

No ones willing to take on the debts as they are. Somehow they will be reduced in administration. By the size of the debts quoted it doesn’t look like Mel has put any of his own money in at all ffs 

2 minutes ago, alexxxxx said:

What for? Our alleged rule breaking didn't happen during their time in the championship and administration had duck all to do with them. 

They were poo and got relegated. 

What really irritated me about Wycombe was their beef was with process - with how and when the EFL charges might eventually end up in a points deduction which might have seen DCFC relegated in their place - but they cryed like it was DCFC who robbed them of a second season in the championship.

Sure, you'd like to see someone else relegated instead of you, who wouldn't, but the moralistic BS from thier chairman and manager was was vomit inducing.

Nothing especially original to add but just open-mouthed at this decision. I never liked the big spending but I did respect Mel at the time for seemingly funding it - never foresaw a situation where 'one of our own' would stick us into administration though & the decisions he took then are now seen through a very different perspective.

Pretty telling the club statement mentions June 2019 as being the point where he was looking for a buyer. Smacks very much of 18/19 being a 'death or glory' punt after which he wanted out - very poor behaviour indeed as no proper investor/buyer was going to be interested in the club after such an expensive season with no legacy & plenty of FFP strain. He then exacerbated this by bringing in Rooney, making a mess of the Keogh dismissal & like many poorly run businesses, was vulnerable to a major event like Covid to bring everything to a head.

Obviously a lot of anger quite rightly aimed at Mel but my disdain for the EFL just dropped to the floor - a disgrace to the traditions of the world's oldest professional league & utterly unfit for purpose. Its high time the Government's Department for Culture, Media & Sport opened an inquiry into their management of the League & their suitability for continuing in that role - not just our experience but their already disgusting track record as evidenced by Wigan, Bury & Macclesfield. Their weasel statement about us 'not meeting the criteria' for an emergency loan facility that every other club in our division was given access to was utterly contemptable & entirely predictable.

What next? Well, I would imagine Rooney will be leaving at some point in the next 7 days - either in disgust or in agreement with the administrators. Then a zombie season knowing what our fate on the field is going to be whilst desperately scrambling for a new owner before January - will a new owner want to buy now or towards the back end of the season knowing there's no point funding a loss making club destined to go down? From a cold, calculating perspective I think buyers may keep their powder dry for a few months

And what of us, the fans? Firstly, lets show our defiance by continuing the vocal support we've enjoyed this season - whatever we suffer off the field, they can't silence us at the matches. Secondly, there may be some talk of Supporters Trust looking to buy out the club - please don't close minds to this. I've got no experience of dealing with Ramstrust but now is the time to put aside historical differences & consider how we can move out of these cycles of boom & bust. I'm convinced its a viable option.

Finally, its been a terrible evening but we will come back from this. In whatever form, whenever it is - keep the faith. COYR ?

17 minutes ago, YouRams said:

I would hazard a guess that he's taken the best course of action he could to minimise his own liabilities.

This reminds me of when I was at HBOS and the CEO at the time did a broadcast to all staff to say everything was good, the company was more than solvent blah blah blah.  The very next day they announced they'd gone under and Lloyd's Bank were taking over.  He too was allegedly devastated but still walked away a multi-millionaire. My sharesave scheme, essentially my savings, went down in value overnight by 98%, and have never recovered.  I'm feeling the same anger and bitterness tonight as I did then.