Notice to appoint administrators

DerbySmog

1 hour ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

I lived in Leeds when they went into administration. People with small businesses who had very little lost everything. Same in Leicester I imagine. Look at those clubs now, both paying wages of over £100k a week and sod the little people.

It’s these people I feel sorry for and those decent people who work within the club who won’t know if they will be paying their mortgages in the next few months. Meanwhile the likes of Sam Rush, bang average players like Ikechi Anya and so many agents we probably couldn’t count them will all be sitting in their mansions no doubt not giving a poo. Football is completely broken and I am sick of it. Thanks Mel, thanks Steven, thanks Keogh- super work. 

And that is how I feel. Football has been trashed by the greedy. It’s now a broken mess. 

15 minutes ago, Mckram said:

I think we can still sign players, it would just be under strict terms. Remember at least a season of the embargo would be league 1…so if we did manage to keep the team we have now then you’d expect them to do ok in league 1 with a few more freebies next season. 

The irony might be that it might be less strict than what were under now ? 

im only speculating 

I’m absolutely gutted… but at the same time absolutely fed up. 

being a football fan should be about going to watch your team play every Saturday but between the EFL and Mel that’s been ruined for me.

football should never be about politics but here we are. 

EFL… I hope you’re happy you’re getting what you wanted.

Mel Morris… I hope you’re happy, you’ve ruined the club you claimed to love and ruined many people’s lives who will lose their jobs whilst you bail out.

absolutely disillusioned with everything Derby County atm. The laughing stock of the football world. 

Mel Morris OUT. 

1 hour ago, Animal is a Ram said:

https://www.efl.com/news/2021/september/efl-statement-Derby-county2

Apologies to mods if I've quoted too much... but that last paragraph was the most interesting bit.

Blame goes in many places but I do believe a significant portion is down to the EFL. They should never have appealed the Disciplinary Commission acquittal of us. That is what has primarily led to this.

56 minutes ago, Carnero said:

I believe the onus is on MSD now, to apply the charge that they have registered.

It will be interesting to see what they do

23 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Well I've just cancelled by flight back to the UK in May and hotel reservation at Wembley Park.

22 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

You're prepared to miss watching Derby in the FA Cup Final?

Wouldn't that be the ultimate football fairytale?

It seems that we will now be under embargo for a further two seasons, so any buyers won't be able to put much money in for the January window. But they will have to see us as a relatively long-term investment. Nest season is in League One unless the EFL finds a reason to relegate us further down. This is not an easy league to escape from. There at the moment we find Sunderland, Sheffield Wednesday, Ipswich, Bolton and Portsmouth. Perhaps we'll even be joined by the gumps.

I’ve been critical of Mel in his early days, I’ve defended him to the hilt recently on the EFL battle, all on the premise in that he’s sunk his money into the club to try and make us successful and will stand behind us until another custodian takes over. His actions today make him the worst owner in our history (surpassing the three amigos although if they didn’t have a buyer they would’ve done the same without blinking), he is even now on a par with the Oystons at Blackpool!

No one asked him to gamble. It was his decision to, which is fine if you stand behind it. He hasn’t and as a result has run this club into the ground causing financial hardship and lost jobs for some people and sending this club into league 1 with potential to lose all saleable assets and academy prospects which he ploughed cash into for nothing. This club was well run, sustainable and on the brink of the premier league when he took over, it’s now plunging to league 1 with the prospect of some difficult years ahead. Thankfully Forest are also poo as I don’t think i could cope!

I take it all back, this was a vanity project and Mel is a narcissist (proven by the fact he still won’t take any responsibility even now demonstrated by the ridiculous club statement). Like all fans I’m raging, but he hasn’t destroyed the club. We won’t be liquidated, we’re still here, and WE WILL BOUNCE BACK!!

To those going on RD and on Twitter tonight saying I’m embarrassed and ashamed to support Derby hang your heads!! Be Proud!! We are Derby!! Super Derby!! Super Rams!!! ??????

2 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I still actually can't believe that this has happened and the enormity of the implications of us going into administration still haven't sunk in yet.

We could easily go under.

This club is the reason as a 4 year old I fell in love with football…

This club is the reason as a 29 year old I’m falling out of love with football.

13 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

What a desperately desperate situation.

On the bright side, we could have Plymouth away next season.

@Jimbo Ram and @RoyMac5 making sandcastles - the pre-match entertainment we’ve all been waiting for!

On Plymouth's current form, we could be swapping places. If we do get relegated (most likely now), I hope Plymouth don't, I can walk to their ground in under 4 mins. I'm that close to their ground, I can hear the cheer (very loud) when Argyle score.

17 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

What a desperately desperate situation.

On the bright side, we could have Plymouth away next season.

@Jimbo Ram and @RoyMac5 making sandcastles - the pre-match entertainment we’ve all been waiting for!

plymouths a poo hole mate,home park is on the edge of the area where the hookers and the druggies hang out,and at the end of the road where the murders were a few weeks ago. probably an away day to avoid-i worked in plymouth for years and it makes chad look like kensington

2 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

I’ve been critical of Mel in his early days, I’ve defended him to the hilt recently on the EFL battle, all on the premise in that he’s sunk his money into the club to try and make us successful and will stand behind us until another custodian takes over. His actions today make him the worst owner in our history (surpassing the three amigos although if they didn’t have a buyer they would’ve done the same without blinking), he is even now on a par with the Oystons at Blackpool!

No one asked him to gamble. It was his decision to, which is fine if you stand behind it. He hasn’t and as a result has run this club into the ground causing financial hardship and lost jobs for some people and sending this club into league 1 with potential to lose all saleable assets and academy prospects which he ploughed cash into for nothing. This club was well run, sustainable and on the brink of the premier league when he took over, it’s now plunging to league 1 with the prospect of some difficult years ahead. Thankfully Forest are also poo as I don’t think i could cope!

I take it all back, this was a vanity project and Mel is a narcissist (proven by the fact he still won’t take any responsibility even now demonstrated by the ridiculous club statement). Like all fans I’m raging, but he hasn’t destroyed the club. We won’t be liquidated, we’re still here, and WE WILL BOUNCE BACK!!

To those going on RD and on Twitter tonight saying I’m embarrassed and ashamed to support Derby hang your heads!! Be Proud!! We are Derby!! Super Derby!! Super Rams!!! ??????

Quite right. They didn't. But at the same time nobody complained or questioned the wisdom of him gambling at the time either. It was all "wow, we've broken our transfer record again!"

3 minutes ago, YouRams said:

Can someone please give me a dumbed down explanation of how ****** we are and what admin actually means, are we still going to have a club to support? 

Yes. Very soon our playing squad will be so poor we will be looking back on Mick Coop and Alan Ramage and thinking that perhaps they weren’t that bad. That’s the situation we will soon be finding ourselves in. I believe the optimists will describe it as character building. 

2 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

If we're going to do this we should do it properly. Let's try and rack up the biggest points deduction in a single season in football league history.

-12 for admin

-3 for unpaid wages

-12 for ffp

What else can we do?

Isn't it Luton at present with -30.

I've worked out we can get an additional...

-3 for failing to fulfill a fixture (Bolton 2018)

-3 for fielding an illegible player (Rotherham 2015)/or suspended player (Leyton Orient 1998)

-2 for pitch invasion (Brighton 1996)

-2 for a mass brawl/bringing the game into disrepute (Arsenal 1991)

Add the 27 from above and we hit -37.

3 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

On Plymouth's current form, we could be swapping places. If we do get relegated (most likely now), I hope Plymouth don't, I can walk to their ground in under 4 mins. I'm that close to their ground, I can hear the cheer (very loud) when Argyle score.

poor you,its a dump!i had the pleasure of union street for a while...it was...interesting..