Notice to appoint administrators

DerbySmog

2 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Me Dad was stationed in Plymouth during his national service and loved it there,  he always told us lurid stories of squaddies drunken nights. A few years ago when he was in his late 70's we took him back for a long weekend and he showed us round his old haunts.

We actually had a lovely weekend, the old harbour area was superb for a Sunday afternoon drinking session with a live band playing, the walks and views over the Hoe were nice, plenty of decent beaches to visit close by and the Lido was good fun.

i think by the sounds of it my experiences there are very different!!! i got to know the local police at charles cross station on a first name basis and had their desk phone numbers saved in my phone instead of 999 by the time id left!covid pretty much ripped the money out of it so the poorer got poorer and more desperate,and as a shopkeeper you kinda got the brunt of it!

Just now, Ramtastic ones said:

They don't get rich by being nice guys. They always crush a few along the path and become immune to their adverse impact on those trying to earn a crust.

He's worth a few hundreds mill. Do the maths, if he really cared 1.5 a month doesn't even make a dent. It's like most of us buying a round down the pub.

Precisely. He has chosen to relegate the club rather than face up to his responsibilities as owner.

We mean nothing to him

1 minute ago, sage said:

Out of interest, does anyone know what Notice to Appoint Administrators means?

Why companies do it, and why MM has done it?

A notice of intention to appoint administrators is when the company files a document to the court to outline that it intends to go into administration if a solution cannot be found to its immediate financial problems. It can be used as part of the pre-pack administration process as well as used to restructure a failing business to avoid its liquidation.

2 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

A notice of intention to appoint administrators is when the company files a document to the court to outline that it intends to go into administration if a solution cannot be found to its immediate financial problems. It can be used as part of the pre-pack administration process as well as used to restructure a failing business to avoid its liquidation.

I knew, I just couldn't be arsed to type all that.

Do you think Mel has done it purely as a step to go into admin, or is there an ulterior motive. 

8 hours ago, Ramtastic ones said:

They don't get rich by being nice guys. They always crush a few along the path and become immune to their adverse impact on those trying to earn a crust.

He's worth a few hundreds mill. Do the maths, if he really cared 1.5 a month doesn't even make a dent. It's like most of us buying a round down the pub.

Most of the richest of the rich are psychos, who love to bathe in glory, but when the poo hits the fan because of their actions, it's someone else's fault.

3 minutes ago, Tombo said:

Cheers for extinguishing the very teeny-tiny minute hope I was trying to muster ?

yeah...when you think about it..

no stadium

an over the top training ground and academy setup that costs £££

few saleable assets-bielik/bird/knight/sibbo/byrne. captain out of contract soon as well

threadbare squad and no real ability to slash costs any further

realistically,if no buyer is found short term and no fan consortium,we very well could be staring down the barrel of liquidation to pay off footballing debts to exit administration. it could end up being quite bleak

chin up though, could be worse,could support forest

2 hours ago, DerbySmog said:

Derby are the ones that have dragged it out by not submitting the finances...... Now everybody knows why. 

Exactly. 'I may have utterly messed up the finances but if the EFL hadn't appealed the stadium sale then I might have managed to sell up before any of you found out' isn't likely to get the fans onside. 

3 minutes ago, bimmerman said:

yeah...when you think about it..

no stadium

an over the top training ground and academy setup that costs £££

few saleable assets-bielik/bird/knight/sibbo/byrne. captain out of contract soon as well

threadbare squad and no real ability to slash costs any further

realistically,if no buyer is found short term and no fan consortium,we very well could be staring down the barrel of liquidation to pay off footballing debts to exit administration. it could end up being quite bleak

chin up though, could be worse,could support forest

1097667856_unnamed(2).jpg.2247f2a3ffaa4d06bd76a7ca51138f5a.jpg

Just now, Leeds Ram said:

still buying the '4-d' chess grandmaster narrative then

As I said, I'm not saying this will work or it's a good idea, but there is more to this than 'we are going into administration'

That may well be the endgame, but I think there are potential twists and turns to come.

9 minutes ago, vonwright said:

Exactly. 'I may have utterly messed up the finances but if the EFL hadn't appealed the stadium sale then I might have managed to sell up before any of you found out' isn't likely to get the fans onside. 

Agh, it just makes me so angry. How badly do you have to have run things if you are worth half a billion yet your only choices are to sell the club to whoever will buy (to pay for your expensive mistakes), or to put the club you claim to love in administration, forcing them into a lower league and undoing years of work on the academy/developing players, who can now leave for peanuts? 'The EFL made it hard to sell...' Cry me a river. You are only so desperate to sell because of the consequences of your decisions. It's your mess, no one else's. 

Edited by vonwright

Just now, sage said:

As I said, I'm not saying this will work or it's a good idea, but there is more to this than 'we are going into administration'

That may well be the endgame, but I think there are potential twists and turns to come.

Given that no-one ITK is saying this and the cowardly and bitter club statement about administration I'd say you're living in dream land tbh.