Notice to appoint administrators

DerbySmog

Wigan case:  EFL said it had no leeway in imposing the points deduction on Wigan that season.

In cases of insolvency, the panel does not determine the timing of the sanction as it can in independent disciplinary proceedings.

The EFL will continue to engage with the administrators to provide their full support in all ongoing matters with the aim of achieving a long-term future for the club.

Wigan appealled their 12 point deduction via their administrators. This was submitted to an independent arbitration panel on the grounds of “force majeure”, because the events occurred during the coronavirus pandemic which has upended the financial picture for many clubs.

The appeal didn't succeed but it delayed the outcome for Wigan.

While Derbys events did not occur during the pandemic, the administrators could claim that the pandemic did cause financial hardship for the club forcing them into administration.

Mel claimed he was losing upto 1.5 million per month, funding the club.

Derbys accounts show the the club is bound for a future profitable position, so that should interest new owners who can now buy the club at a vastly reduced price.

As with a home placed into administration that's sold at auction for a quick sale by administrators, the administrators are required to get what ever price they can get for the sale of the club. That should help to bring in new owners.

Morris says losing 1.5m a month but how is this true? our wage bill can't be massive .....don't beleive a word he says ....

Some time ago i wrote that he was never going to sell the club with what he was asking for it and guess what?? he hasn't......

Mel for me goes down as one of the worst owners we have ever had....from a well run club when Nigel Clough and the yanks kept a steady ship with many seasons of treading water with gradual improvement and a good squad of players and nearly getting promoted to..................................................... ...going into administration !!!! I mean.....IT IS A DISGRACE MR MORRIS .....all that hard work before mr ego arrived  has been undone !!!.......I think we all thought we were in good hands , a local businessman who's a fan etc etc ....but the club has been run shambolically and we as fans have been lied to and mislead....I truly feel sorry for anyone involved with our great club who is waking up this morning worrying about paying there mortgage etc....a shocking mess....such a sad day for DCFC 

Well, that’s that then.

But allow to spread some positivity. We’re not the first and we definitely won’t be the last. 

We’ve tried everything else to get promoted in the last decade or so, now let’s try this. A full reset. Switch it off and on again. It worked spectacularly well for Leicester, it even worked for Leeds eventually, even Manchester city were down in the third tier not a million years ago. Granted, every there’s an Ipswich, for every Leeds there’s a Sunderland. But all we can do is hike that maybe this is the first step of what could be a long journey that eventually results in us in the premier league, in Europe etc.

If a club goes down on merit, ie they’re crap, then they continue to be crap in league one, and they struggle. If a club goes down on a technicality, it doesn’t mean they’re crap. We could end up with a perfectly respectable amount of points this season, but the -21 is what takes us down. 

I know it sounds pretentious to say we’ll bulldoze league one, but if you’re actually a mid table championship club down there on a technicality, then you should, theoretically, have too much for most league one sides, providing we can filed more than 8 players.

Forest, on the other hand are going to get relegated cos they’re crap, and they will get torn apart in league one.

6 hours ago, sage said:

I knew, I just couldn't be arsed to type all that.

Do you think Mel has done it purely as a step to go into admin, or is there an ulterior motive. 

I would say he has been ducking and diving for the last couple of years and he has finally found himself pinned in a corner with no way out.

6 hours ago, sage said:

I think we may have to go into administration, but if that was 100%, you'd just go in. 

He has done it like this as the last roll of the dice to try and get a deal with the EFL, who do not want another club in administration.

I'm not saying it will work or that we won't end up in administration, but in my opinion, it's a last ditch effort to find a way out of all this.

If it's a game of call my bluff i don't think it's a game the EFL will be interested in playing.

6 hours ago, Kinder said:

Is it true that we could go into a 2 year transfer embargo for going into administration? If so, I fear we’re far from rock bottom. That’s going to be League Two at best.

I dont know buddy its being rumoured 

surely though we would be allowed to recruit some players or we wont have a team quite literally

6 hours ago, sage said:

I think we may have to go into administration, but if that was 100%, you'd just go in. 

He has done it like this as the last roll of the dice to try and get a deal with the EFL, who do not want another club in administration.

I'm not saying it will work or that we won't end up in administration, but in my opinion, it's a last ditch effort to find a way out of all this.

I think thats being hopeful buddy 

I was really annoyed last night when the news broke. I was close to posting something about Mel that would have restulted in a warning. 

However this morning I'm more calmer. I'm getting too old, I've lost interest in football over the last couple of years and starting to emotionally detach myself. I'm losing the love for the game in general. 

The Premier League is ruining football with the money. Grass roots kids football is political with coaches & parents thinking its the champions league final when they don't even keep scores at that age. Then the farce that is Mel Morris' time in charge. 

I feel sorry for the people who rely on the club for a living. I feel sorry for all the die hards who its more than a club. I feel sorry for all the kids that support us who won't have witnessed any good times & who's interest in football might be lost. 

Football really isnt that fun anymore 

I am just praying that the stumbling block for a sale was the uncertainty re points deduction, how much Mel was expecting the buyers to put in and a lack of transparency during the process. And that with huge administration (and more possibly) points deduction and the fact that administrators have their professional requirements on dealing with potential buyers anyone interested will get to deal with a detached professional rather than people too involved in this mess.  They will certainly know what they are getting. We have to hope that potential investors have known this would be coming and been waiting.
But if not and the position is really that terrible do you think we would just go under, someone get things together to start a new club and buying/leasing the ground?  As we would have to start non-league that is a long long fight back to any prospect of higher income for anyone other than fans personally invested in having a Derby in existence that would be our club and free of all this ?.  
1884 to this now in 5 years. Like many I suspect didnt sleep so well last night

3 hours ago, CocuBarmyArmy said:

Was on a night out tonight, one of my mates told me, devastated wouldn’t come close. 

With that being said we need perspective here, stuff will come out over the next few days that should present a clearer picture of what we are actually facing. How bad is the tax bill for example? Are we looking at -12 points or -21? With out any financial information it’s also pretty hard to see if a fan led takeover is possible.

Given that Derby’s issues have been so well documented in recent years, the fact that potential buyers were still even willing to engage with the idea of buying it is surely positive now we are at a rock bottom price. Early signs seem to suggest MSD are competent as-well which is nice, I can’t imagine they’d want to asset strip the club as that would make it unsellable? I’m no expert on finance so maybe I’m wrong.

This is awful news, but there’s a difference between awful news and catastrophic news and we simply do not know enough yet, really hoping the journalists can get some more info tmmrw.

The awful news was last night,the catastrophic news may be yet to come.

50 minutes ago, Oldben said:

Wigan case:  EFL said it had no leeway in imposing the points deduction on Wigan that season.

In cases of insolvency, the panel does not determine the timing of the sanction as it can in independent disciplinary proceedings.

The EFL will continue to engage with the administrators to provide their full support in all ongoing matters with the aim of achieving a long-term future for the club.

Wigan appealled their 12 point deduction via their administrators. This was submitted to an independent arbitration panel on the grounds of “force majeure”, because the events occurred during the coronavirus pandemic which has upended the financial picture for many clubs.

The appeal didn't succeed but it delayed the outcome for Wigan.

While Derbys events did not occur during the pandemic, the administrators could claim that the pandemic did cause financial hardship for the club forcing them into administration.

Mel claimed he was losing upto 1.5 million per month, funding the club.

Derbys accounts show the the club is bound for a future profitable position, so that should interest new owners who can now buy the club at a vastly reduced price.

As with a home placed into administration that's sold at auction for a quick sale by administrators, the administrators are required to get what ever price they can get for the sale of the club. That should help to bring in new owners.

So basically anyone now can take us over … can see falwaz rubbing his hands … that would literally finish us / me off 

4 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

I am just praying that the stumbling block for a sale was the uncertainty re points deduction, how much Mel was expecting the buyers to put in and a lack of transparency during the process. And that with huge administration (and more possibly) points deduction and the fact that administrators have their professional requirements on dealing with potential buyers anyone interested will get to deal with a detached professional rather than people too involved in this mess.  They will certainly know what they are getting. We have to hope that potential investors have known this would be coming and been waiting.
But if not and the position is really that terrible do you think we would just go under, someone get things together to start a new club and buying/leasing the ground?  As we would have to start non-league that is a long long fight back to any prospect of higher income for anyone other than fans personally invested in having a Derby in existence that would be our club and free of all this ?.  
1884 to this now in 5 years. Like many I suspect didnt sleep so well last night

Uv nailed it i woke up at 5am and was like god that was a horrible dream…. Then it hit me again

22 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Well, that’s that then.

But allow to spread some positivity. We’re not the first and we definitely won’t be the last. 

We’ve tried everything else to get promoted in the last decade or so, now let’s try this. A full reset. Switch it off and on again. It worked spectacularly well for Leicester, it even worked for Leeds eventually, even Manchester city were down in the third tier not a million years ago. Granted, every there’s an Ipswich, for every Leeds there’s a Sunderland. But all we can do is hike that maybe this is the first step of what could be a long journey that eventually results in us in the premier league, in Europe etc.

If a club goes down on merit, ie they’re crap, then they continue to be crap in league one, and they struggle. If a club goes down on a technicality, it doesn’t mean they’re crap. We could end up with a perfectly respectable amount of points this season, but the -21 is what takes us down. 

I know it sounds pretentious to say we’ll bulldozeown there on a technicality, then you should, theoretically, have too much for most league on league one, but if you’re actually a mid table championship club de sides, providing we can filed more than 8 players.

Forest, on the other hand are going to get relegated cos they’re crap, and they will get torn apart in league one.

I imagine the side we will field in League One will be a completely different side to the one we have at present.

8 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

while a bunch of passengers are still defending the captain's decision to speed ahead despite a ton of icebergs populating the ocean because he might make it to New York... 

when you say “a bunch of passengers” do you mean supporters and is this regurgitation the crazy theory that it’s the fans fault?

An actual owner and so called fan taking our club into administration.....still can't quite believe it.....no one will change or stop my love for this club but agree with a few on here that football itself seems broken and am losing interest generally in the game....its not about football anymore it seems .....i grew up loving the game when it just seemed so much more in touch with the average working class fan ....now its about money and greed and what people can take out of the game....preferred the old days with no agents no bosman ruling where clubs got a fee for a player if he was valued and more honesty in the game .....sad times for our club and hardly slept a wink last night...._?