Please sack them NOW

Archied

8 minutes ago, ossieram said:

It doesn't matter how much Mel is worth, it is the club that has to pay him off and all monies are needed to pay wages, taxes and other bills. 

If Mel's the owner then he can use as much of his own wealth as he wants on the club can't he? within FFP

I'm not sure how much manager sackings/wages are involved in FFP, but if they are and it's making Rooney un-sackable that's incredible, not to mention terrifying.  

5 minutes ago, Archied said:

Ahhh , you heard that rumour too

It's important to remember there is no suggestion of wrongdoing on the part of WR in that story.

The Nun was feeling a crisis of faith and Wayne was offering spiritual council before he fell asleep and the spanial was licking it's own bum.

5 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

It's important to remember there is no suggestion of wrongdoing on the part of WR in that story.

The Nun was feeling a crisis of faith and Wayne was offering spiritual council before he fell asleep and the spanial was licking it's own bum.

Well you say that but that doesn’t explain the donkey ??‍♂️

No point in calling for Rooney's head. Mel wouldn't spend the cash to sack him, so he's here until he chooses to walk away or the takeover goes. 

In our current situation, we couldn't get any better anyway. Getting rid of Rooney means Steve Evans or Lee Sharpe. 

Really, we've just got to suffer in silence until a new owner is confirmed. Hopefully, we'll still be  league club.

I agree they are an awful pairing and have no clue. Watching us have about 6CDMs today did it for me. 

But come on chap, who will want to take over now? He is right in terms of anyone else walking away from the job. Least he is trying. 

Personally I think he will walk. It won’t damage his stock either. He can just come out and say that it was unworkable and an impossible task, everyone knows what issues we have.

my prediction: 

Wayne will walk.

Jake Buxton will be asked to take the reigns until end of season. Someone from the Mac years will return as assistant (Bryson)

If not Bucko, probably a poo house decision to approach QPR for John Eustace who is assistant their. 

Administration/takeover will follow. 

Edited by belperram9

I'm still not yet in the out camp, although I have seen nothing in the last 20 games to make me think that he is a good manager (blind faith I'm afraid), but there really are too many mitigating circumstances. We have a squad of 23 players, no more incoming until there are departures. Those 23 players would probably get into most team's squads in this division. The problem is that very few of those 23 would get in hardly any first 11s.

4 minutes ago, richinspain said:

I'm still not yet in the out camp, although I have seen nothing in the last 20 games to make me think that he is a good manager (blind faith I'm afraid), but there really are too many mitigating circumstances. We have a squad of 23 players, no more incoming until there are departures. Those 23 players would probably get into most team's squads in this division. The problem is that very few of those 23 would get in hardly any first 11s.

He was pretty clueless with a relatively full squad he had to choose from last season…….God help us with the current situation……..

14 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

He was pretty clueless with a relatively full squad he had to choose from last season…….God help us with the current situation……..

Full squad of what ?

last minute loans?

we got the dregs of the jan window when the efl allowed us the last 24 hours to bring in whatever everybody else didn’t want 

we lost bielik , he squeezed every last ounce out of CKR and Lawrence was largely out injured 

I’m not champing Rooney at all far from it 

but there’s huge mitigating factors 

No way will he walk. If he’s got any sense he’ll stay with the mighty Rams and tough it out. 

The alternative for him doesn’t bear thinking about: Colleen wanting him to decorate all of those rooms in his new house whilst he’s at a loose end.

It’s quite an easy decision for him to make really. 

1 hour ago, nfb said:

You know I've been on this forum for donkeys, and it never changes, same protagonists (mainly, some new ones ) same sack this, same change that, it's all boll@cks, whatever we say will have no impact, except on each other. Mel is the only one able to change thing's, and to my knowledge he doesn't read this. WR doesn't either, so nowt's gonna change cos we say so, and all this in fighting *yawn* 

This is to me was a fun place, where we used to discuss stuff positively years ago, but now, like the rest of social media it's just getting toxic, and I'm more and more inclined to not post lest I get savaged. So hey ho, I've posted, and it will be taken up, don't expect a response, unless its worthy.

We as a club have been in a mess since MM decided to sell, having invested/gambled a fortune (one would like to think the benefit of the club, and himself.) it failed, and now like a failed gambler he is clutching at straws. It's a sad spectacle, but one we are only able to observe and not influence. Wayne, he's highly paid in this division,  and would be unlikely to earn that elsewhere (as what?) So why would he walk ?

With the EFL seemingly intent on our demise, we are collectively buggered. Enjoy the ride (this season) it's going to be interesting/painful,  and because it's likely to be painful, please stop bitching at each other for the sake of being (technically) on the same side. Let's try to play nicely. 

Motto for this season 'Dont feed Trolls, it serves no good' .

Here here, could'nt agree more. This is not a sensible topic, "Sack them Now". The club can't afford to sack anyone, the club can't afford to take on someone else. The club would not attract anybody. Lets all stop bitching and get behind the team. Could be worse, we could have no points like Forest after 2 games.

4 hours ago, Patrick Rams said:

Everyone saying Rooney has been dealt a bad hand? Yes 100% he has.But do you know what he could do? He could improve and inspire the players he has available.Has he improved Sibley? Bird? Knight? Err.. nope.Compare him to someone down the road... Burton were absolutely rock bottom..lots of points behind..JFH came in..signed loads of players and they immediately.. straight away.. absolutely stormed up the league to finish mid table..and with a 100% record so far this season.Thats what a inspiring manager can do... something Rooney has utterly failed at so far.Can we afford to wait to see if he can achieve the same as JFH?

ah...

Rooney is either delusional or plain pigheaded in believing that he can successfully manage the team while the club are in this dire predicament. That or he's simply hanging on for his pay off after being sacked.

Which ever it is, we're ducked. We either slowly slide towards inevitable relegation or face extra financial problems and relegation after a possible points deduction.

If he has any empathy for the club and more importantly the fans, he needs to walk away now. So the club can hopefully appoint a manager with more experience. That may be able to get the team to perform at anywhere near the level required of a championship side.