Please sack them NOW

Archied

7 hours ago, Eatonram said:

This thread has aged well. 

<Yawn>.  As I said before, it's bizarre that some posters seem to be believe that all opinions are lightly held, change with the breeze etc.  Yes, it's great we finally have a win.  Have I changed my mind that they should both go?  No.  And it's probably just a coincidence that Sibley was started, I guess.

10 minutes ago, Deej said:

<Yawn>.  As I said before, it's bizarre that some posters seem to be believe that all opinions are lightly held, change with the breeze etc.  Yes, it's great we finally have a win.  Have I changed my mind that they should both go?  No.  And it's probably just a coincidence that Sibley was started, I guess.

I'd say the more significant factors were the presence of Jagielka, Morrison playing further forward and players who didn't play well and/or who had brainfarts on Saturday played much better and didn't mess up. 

I think even if you haven't changed your opinion, you should at least give them a chance to prove themselves with a squad that is a touch stronger than it was a few days ago. Aside from anything else, I'm certain there's absolutely zero chance of them being sacked this side of a takeover. 

The players will play their best games when they trust the ability of others. 

Bryne and Bird have benefitted from having two older heads at CB last night, letting them play with more creativity. 

Ravel the same, give him the freedom of the pitch and he will link the defense through to attack. Knowing he has Bird and Shinnie behind him seems to give him that freedom. 

7 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

So….your wi-fi down….? 

E I e I e I o

wazza ball is here..! 

Not at all, long may Wazza prove me wrong.....we have played 3 of the weaker teams and got one win so I won't get too excited just yet. Give him 10 games and see where we are then eh??? We need 2 wins in our next 2 as September looks a tad difficult......

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Not at all, long may Wazza prove me wrong.....we have played 3 of the weaker teams and got one win so I won't get too excited just yet. Give him 10 games and see where we are then eh??? We need 2 wins in our next 2 as September looks a tad difficult......

Yep a win a draw and a defeat from 3 six pointers - but we do look like we are starting to get the right sort of players into the right sort of positions to increase optimism 

8 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Yep a win a draw and a defeat from 3 six pointers - but we do look like we are starting to get the right sort of players into the right sort of positions to increase optimism 

Given the nature of the Championship, every game has the potential to be a 6-pointer. There's another one coming up. 

14 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

If we can play with the intent , movement and organisation we did for first twenty last night the we shouldn’t struggle 

It's hilarious that some would choose to crow now after the truly majestic and awe inspiring achievement of winning our first game in 10 league fixtures. Do I need to remind you about the infamous play off thread from last year?

I'm quietly hoping this will signal the start of an improvement in results and performances. I'm very pleased with the signings of Baldock and Jagielka and I think they'll both play important roles if they can stay fit.

3 hours ago, bucktwo said:

Captain Tom missing had the desired effect .

In my opinion this has pretty much been the case whenever he's been dropped or injured, but he always seems to walk back into the team straight away regardless.

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Exactly. We haven’t played any quality sides yet - Boro will definitely be a step up from the likes of Hull, Peterborough and Huddersfield. If we get something against the better teams I’ll start thinking we have a chance. COYR.