Please sack them NOW

Archied

6 minutes ago, Patrick Rams said:

Everyone saying Rooney has been dealt a bad hand? Yes 100% he has.But do you know what he could do? He could improve and inspire the players he has available.Has he improved Sibley? Bird? Knight? Err.. nope.Compare him to someone down the road... Burton were absolutely rock bottom..lots of points behind..JFH came in..signed loads of players and they immediately.. straight away.. absolutely stormed up the league to finish mid table..and with a 100% record so far this season.Thats what a inspiring manager can do... something Rooney has utterly failed at so far.Can we afford to wait to see if he can achieve the same as JFH?

Exactly ?

3 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

I’ve shelled out for a glamping pod. Seemed a worthwhile investment given we’ve got at least two more months of not winning before Rooney goes.

That is a good investment. My tent is small, smells a lot  and leaks, but I’ll keep it until WR has gone

Edited by StrawHillRam

1 minute ago, WilkoRam said:

To be honest pal, I understand your point and the record is poor under any circumstances but I don’t see what this revolving door of managers will achieve when there are bigger issues at the club that are a bigger contributing factor to our current situation. 

I agree and the revolving door policy isn't really working but neither it, nor the challenging situation Rooney has been handed, should give him a free shot.

For me, assuming we could even afford to sack him, he should have at least a dozen games (I know many, with some justification, will point out the number of games he's already been in charge for but last season really was crisis management and despite the awful run at the end, we did do just about enough to survive albeit thanks to Wednesday's points deduction)

Rooney & Rosenior need to go. Unfortunately Mel doesn't seem to want to pay to get rid of them, and they seem too stubborn to resign. 

It annoyed me during the pre game interview with Rooney saying he knows all the fans are right behind him. Well if he actually read these forums or bothered to look into it, he would find that the majority actually want him gone!

2 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I agree and the revolving door policy isn't really working but neither it, nor the challenging situation Rooney has been handed, should give him a free shot.

For me, assuming we could even afford to sack him, he should have at least a dozen games (I know many, with some justification, will point out the number of games he's already been in charge for but last season really was crisis management and despite the awful run at the end, we did do just about enough to survive albeit thanks to Wednesday's points deduction)

We have gone 17 league games without a win,that's enough to be honest,I really don't want to see it reach 29 if we add another 12 games with Wayne in charge.

38 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

What can you replace with? What players can anyone else bring in?

Was same when Cocu left, people want change and there’s a lot of hot air but there’s no solutions until any manager can actually make meaningful signings

I know our team is bad but isn't the main problem the depth? the starting 11 today wasn't terrible. We've won 1 game in our last 20 odd, surely the team was/is at least better than that. 

Could it not just be that our last 2 managers happen to have been terrible? 

30 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

You genuinely think that anyone could organise that shower…? I am not the biggest Rooney fan to be honest, he is doing the best with what he has for and I would much rather stick with him that give It to Wassall or Stevie Mac for the 24th time. 

at least the season isn’t going to be boring…..

that is the whole debating point. Some say that he is and some say that he isn't.

You can't ascribe pitiful individual errors to him.

But you surely can ascribe the ideas of split cbs, dropping cms, overloaded single flanks and all the other mumbo jumbo that doesn't seem to be working to him and the coaching team.

So then, do you trust them to implement a simpler style. Or are they unable to - that is the debate to have.

11 minutes ago, WilkoRam said:

To be honest pal, I understand your point and the record is poor under any circumstances but I don’t see what this revolving door of managers will achieve when there are bigger issues at the club that are a bigger contributing factor to our current situation. 

the revolving managers is not really a reason to not get rid of Rooney. 

What's the point of persisting with a manager you know isn't good enough (at the moment)?

Lampard & Mac left to take jobs in the premier league, can you really blame them. Rowett left to go Stoke. We had to sack Cocu to stay in the league. It's only really Clement & Mac2 that Mel has got rid of, so don't get your point about revolving door of managers. 

14 minutes ago, Archied said:

He sucks 

I thought it was a cross between a lozenge, which leaves a bitter taste in the mouth, but is supposed to be good for you.

And  Slazenger, which is known for its cheap imitation of decent sporting equipment, but in reality is crap.

I thought it was a fitting description.

6 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

that is the whole debating point. Some say that he is and some say that he isn't.

You can't ascribe pitiful individual errors to him.

But you surely can ascribe the ideas of split cbs, dropping cms, overloaded single flanks and all the other mumbo jumbo that doesn't seem to be working to him and the coaching team.

So then, do you trust them to implement a simpler style. Or are they unable to - that is the debate to have.

They are doing what always happens to managers once the team goes into a death spiral (and normally just before they are sacked)...chopping and changing the team,altering the tactics on a weekly basis,swapping out goalkeepers and making increasingly bizarre on field decisions in a frantic effort to drop on the right formula and start winning again.

Trouble is,it never,ever works once you have reached that point.

The difference at Derby is that the manager isn't being sacked and so the jamboree just goes on and on,week after week.

The only way out of it is to bring in a new manager and staff to break the cycle but we can't/won't do it.

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong