Please sack them NOW

Archied

6 minutes ago, Monty said:

I don’t blame Rooney for yesterday for the reasons mentioned. I don’t think we were desperately holding on  more wobbling 

I wouldn’t wait as long as January to make a decision just think that with all the off field issues and potential changes I would hold off for a while. For me ten games and the impact of any incoming players (if any) would be the time 

we gave Cocu 10 games last season, and only just stayed up on the last day. Can we afford to wait that long?

2 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

King Billy, he is the only one that can save us now. 

It baffles me that in all those years since he left Forest, no one has employed him, despite a pretty decent record overall.

You'd think someone would have taken a punt, even from desperation.

6 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

Marriott played a lot of games that season. 

I'm guessing your referring to the play off final. Well who can blame Lampard for picking the same team that did so well against Leeds.

Lampard fell out with Marriott allegedly 

2 hours ago, Chester40 said:

I don't really get your argument. It feels like you decided to just change your mind with no reason and can't understand why everyone else hasn't. 

We have played two games against teams we needed to do well against and have 1 point to show for it. The performances look pretty similar to last season's shocking run and we have a tough run coming up soon. We have a totally inexperienced manager at a time when we need someone who can use their experience to squeeze every ounce out of incredibly limited resources...and we have an ex-England manager with decades of experience mooching about drinking tea. Seems wrong to me. 

Disagree the results are similar so far, don’t think the performances are as bad, and 3 games isn’t a fair sample size.

I’m not questioning people that have that view, but spouting 1 win in 18 and this being a continuation of last season is not a fair reflection of the current situation off the field which has worsened, and on the field where there has been some improvement in performance and clear evidence of a different way of going about it to last season. I could understand it more if we were setting up entirely to stop the opposition like last season but so far I haven’t seen that. 3 games into the season with a weaker squad (not him) and trying to implement different tactics is not the time to judge and it’s irrelevant anyway because we’re stuck with him. However we could win 3 in a row and some posters will be saying 4 wins in 20, because they’ve backed the Rooney out campaign and won’t back down, ignoring what’s actually going on. 

As for changing my mind, personally I think everyone should always feel free to change their position based on what is actually happening and feel free to admit when you get it wrong.

16 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Disagree the results are similar so far, don’t think the performances are as bad, and 3 games isn’t a fair sample size

What are you seeing about results that is different? 

16 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

As for changing my mind, personally I think everyone should always feel free to change their position based on what is actually happening and feel free to admit when you get it wrong.

I still don't see what you are arguing you are seeing is happening that is different...other than he has more excuses now than last season. 

Edited by Chester40

39 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

we gave Cocu 10 games last season, and only just stayed up on the last day. Can we afford to wait that long?

I gave up on cocu after the charlton away game - I was at the match and could see no future with him 

my concern with Rooney is him learning on the job in very difficult circumstances 

example without wishing to sound like a football manager geek (I don’t play it) having looked at the post game analyses we have had the same formation in our three games against sides playing three different formations - is this good management or not being adaptable 

Edited by Monty
Word edit

7 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

What are you seeing about results that is different? 

I still don't see what you are arguing you are seeing is happening that is different...other than he has more excuses now than last season. 

The results are the same - that’s the only thing that is but we’re 3 games in which isn’t a fair sample size. But the performances with what I’ve seen are different. We’re actually trying to be more of an attacking force, there is a pattern of play which there wasn’t for long parts of last season and some positive signs in an extremely negative situation to the point of I’m not prepared to accept that after 2 league games we are doomed. We will see. 

8 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

@Curtainsim not arguing one way or the other, but I’d like you to HONESTLY answer this question, without talking in riddles:-

in your opinion, has Rooney EVER got the best out of any single Derby player? 

Yes .

CKR for one .

The players talk highly of him  

Morrison seems to want to play for him  

3 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

If we go down it won’t be because we gave Rooney 10 games. We have much bigger problems right now than Wayne Rooney 

Do you know that? 

If we had a bit more money, a little more stability and brought in a few more players...would results be different? I'm not so sure... 

I think another manager with experience would get more out of what we have. 

32 minutes ago, Curtains said:

If you think Lampard was a success fine .

I think he ultimately failed and cost us or might I say DCFC a lot of money 

putting aside if he was a success or not, he wouldn't have spent the money if Mel hadn't allowed him to. 

He did also sell Vydra for over £10million.