Please sack them NOW

Archied

11 minutes ago, Curtains said:

The thing is that after 2 games I’m not going to judge the season ahead. 

It will be a massively difficult  season whoever is manager .

If Mel changes manager that’s up to Mel .

I personally think Rooney and Rosenior are doing a god job with the younger players coming through and he has to rely on senior players doing the business as well .

Tactics are a thing but I personally thought we did ok yesterday until injury time. 

I'm looking at it through his time as manager of Derby,so last season and this one...you can't seperate them out as completely different things as they are not,one is a continuation of the other.

And that leaves us with one win in 18 league games and no improvement in style or results.

I haven't seen our Young uns improve,I've seen them regress once they have left the academy and start being coached in the first team.

Embosele looked great initially but in the last match,he looked to be losing confidence because of our misguided tactic of giving him the ball to run up the wing in every single attack we made....so predictable and it ultimately meant that he was constantly losing the ball as the opposition targeted him...far too much pressure on a young head.

Then look at Sibley and Knight,they were shadows of themselves under Rooney yet looked like superstars in the making before lockdown.

If you haven't got the coaching and tactics right in the first place the team is onto a loser before a ball is kicked.

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

6 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Lampard also showed no loyalty which we can’t accuse Rooney and Rosenior of 

Loyalty is a load of nonsense,they stay or go because of money or the lack of/prospects of a better job.

Lampard had a better offer,Rooney hasn't,end of and the only reason he's still here.

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

2 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I'm looking at it through his time as manager of Derby,so last season and this one...you can't seperate them out as completely different things as they are not,one is a continuation of the other.

And that leaves us with one win in 18 league games and no improvement in style or results.

I haven't seen our Young uns improve,I've seen them regress once they have left the academy and start being coached in the first team.

Embosele looked great initially but in the last match,he looked to be losing confidence because of our misguided tactic of giving him the ball to run up the wing in every single attack we made....so predictable and it ultimately meant that he was constantly losing the ball as the opposition targeted him...far too much pressure on a young head.

Then look at Sibley and Knight,they were shadows of themselves under Rooney yet looked like superstars in the making before lockdown.

If you haven't got the coaching and tactics right in the first place the team is onto a loser before a ball is kicked.

I don’t see it that way but you are allowed your opinion. 

Off out for a bit now mate. 

4 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Do you honestly think that if we were doing better (maybe reach the play off final?) and either Everton or Man Utd wanted Rooney he’d hesitate?

No. But most managers /players want to work at the highest level they can attain. 

Edited by hintonsboots

23 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

We have gone 17 league games without a win,that's enough to be honest,I really don't want to see it reach 29 if we add another 12 games with Wayne in charge.

A damning stat I agree

still think that despite a poor performance yesterday in a very average game overall, the reason we lost was two individual mistakes and for that I don’t think Rooney is to blame. Worrying times though and L1 beckons however in view of the overall situation I would wait a while before making any managerial changes 

26 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Lampard also showed no loyalty which we can’t accuse Rooney and Rosenior of 

you can't seriously hold that against Lampard. He said that was the one job he could not resist. Managing the club he loves, top end of the premier league, he might never have got that chance again.

I think if Rooney got offered a premier league job he would also be off. The difference is he won't be getting any offers. 

3 minutes ago, Monty said:

A damning stat I agree

still think that despite a poor performance yesterday in a very average game overall, the reason we lost was two individual mistakes and for that I don’t think Rooney is to blame. Worrying times though and L1 beckons however in view of the overall situation I would wait a while before making any managerial changes 

I don't think we have any choice in any case Monty ?

18 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Do you honestly think that if we were doing better (maybe reach the play off final?) and either Everton or Man Utd wanted Rooney he’d hesitate?

I was just thinking this……he’d be off like a shot!

I bet you he’d even leave if a top end Champ club cam in for him…….which they won’t, but still.

13 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

you can't seriously hold that against Lampard. He said that was the one job he could not resist. Managing the club he loves, top end of the premier league, he might never have got that chance again.

I think if Rooney got offered a premier league job he would also be off. The difference is he won't be getting any offers. 

I hold the signing of Jozofoon and Holmes etc over him . 

Rooney won’t you are right because he’s having a difficult job at Derby  .

Edited by Curtains