Please sack them NOW

Archied

2 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I will back you up in that,both yourself and 86 have always been the last to call for the managers head so it's damning to find you in this camp now.

You aren’t being practical at all. 

Just ridiculous 

2 minutes ago, Archied said:

Well you say that but as the person who started this thread I’m very happy for anybody to look back on my posts record and see clearly I’m not one for calling for managers heads in the least ,, I really have concerns regards Rooney and rosenior being anywhere near up to the job of managing Derby ,, I really hope I’m proven wrong and will happily hold my hands up if I am 

Although I had a go about this thread earlier I do realise you are not one of the constant repetitive doom mongers Archied. Just seems so obvious that no matter what our opinion of the team or the management we really do  need to get behind them. I just can't see the point in shouting Rooney out or this players that or this players the other. 

Any solution needs to firstly come off field. 

1 minute ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Although I had a go about this thread earlier I do realise you are not one of the constant repetitive doom mongers Archied. Just seems so obvious that no matter what our opinion of the team or the management we really do  need to get behind them. I just can't see the point in shouting Rooney out or this players that or this players the other. 

Any solution needs to firstly come off field. 

Goes without saying I would never get on the mangers or any of the players backs in a football ground , that’s not my way but talking on here with other fans is different in my view 

9 minutes ago, Curtains said:

What’s Rosenior done wrong by the way. 

What’s he done right?

he’s been very much involved in the coaching and tactics planning side of a club that’s been failing for quite some time and not just under one manager ??‍♂️, of course I could be wrong but my gut feeling is he s one of those who talks a great game as a pundit analysing where other are going wrong but not so great when he’s actually doing the job himself ,, there’s lots of them around 

Edited by Archied

11 minutes ago, Curtains said:

It does .

After 3 games this season 

A draw and a loss away and a Cup win you want the managers head.

One win in 18 league games curtains and we are getting worse not better.

A manager changing the system,players,goal keeper,tactics and anything else you can mention on a weekly basis will not bring success,it will bring chaos,confusion and ultimately relegation.

If he had a system of play that had been forming then it wouldn't matter because it would have been showing an improvement in our results by now but we still don't know week on week what he is trying to instill or achieve...and if we can't see it,how do we expect the players to?

The bloke just doesn't learn,he doesn't take advice and he believes his own hype,whatever the evidence in front of him days to the contrary.

Christ I'd rather have rowett back and I hated that football with a passion but at least we had a philosophy and you could see what and why we were doing what we did.

I might not have liked it but,at least it worked.

With Rooney we have neither,it's not good football and it doesn't work.

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

1 minute ago, Archied said:

What’s he done right?

I just don’t know how he can be judged. .

The players like Rooney and Rosenior and the team is full of inexperienced Academy players due to circumstances like Stretton  etc. 

Morrison played great yesterday but inexplicably Byrne had a nightmare and we lost CKR .

Rooney and Rosenior can’t influence things off the fields either. .

We were 1 up on 90 minutes and were undone in 11 minutes injury time. 

The players are doing their best and I can’t fault their effort. 

1 minute ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

One win in 18 league games curtains and we are getting worse not better.

A manager changing the system,players,goal keeper,tactics and anything else you can mention on a weekly basis will not bring success,it will bring chaos,confusion and ultimately relegation.

If he had a system of play that had been forming then it wouldn't matter because it would have been showing an improvement in our results by now but we still don't know week on week what he is trying to instill or achieve...and if we can't see it,how do we expect the players to?

The bloke just doesn't learn,he doesn't take advice and he believes his own hype,whatever the evidence in front of him days to the contrary.

Christ I'd rather have rowett back and I hated that football with a passion but at least we had a philosophy and you could see what and why we were doing what we did.

I might not have liked it but,at least it worked.

I backed Rowett and people wanted him out calling him a snake .

It feels like this debate has reached absurd levels now - reminds me of the Monty Python sketch "what have the Romans done for us" (yes, I know, I'm showing my age -  link below for the youngsters).

But rather than the Romans, it's "but why should we sack the management"

1 win in 15 last season

Stayed up by the skin of our teeth, and largely because of a Cardiff equaliser through Marlon Pack rather than our own endeavours

Easy start to the season against relegation rivals, but gain 1 point out of 6 and can't beat a league 2 side in normal time in the cup.

Utterly bizarre "tactics" (I actually think any suggestion of there being tactics is being generous)

Stubborn refusal to make any changes when nothing is working

Idiotic substitutions when changes are not needed

Youth players seem to have regressed, having grown under Cocu

Lauds youth players in a ridiculously over the top way -  "will play for England", then drops them unceremoniously

Can't seem to find a place for arguably one of our most talented youngsters, the only one who can change a game, and there are rumours of a Rowett-esque "not in my plans" discussion

I could go on...

But, as certain posters on here will say "yes, yes, but apart from all that, why shouldn't we stick with him"?  Blows my mind.

Edited by Deej

3 minutes ago, Curtains said:

The players like Rooney and Rosenior and the team is full of inexperienced Academy players due to circumstances like Stretton  etc. 

Morrison played great yesterday but inexplicably Byrne had a nightmare and we lost CKR .

No faulting the players i.m.o,it's the management that's the problem.

17 minutes ago, Curtains said:

What would you have changed yesterday apart from Byrne having a terrible game. 

Not my job , I’m not qualified to manage a football club and things are too easy and pointless in hindsight , what I do know is managers are judged on results and performance s no matter how they get them and Rooney and rosenior are not getting them , this season or last season with a better squad , cocu was failing ( never called for his head ) but at least I could see what he was trying to do even if some thought it couldn’t work with Derby in our division 

1 minute ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I thought the snake stuff was pointless,he left for better money and prospects.

The thing is that after 2 games I’m not going to judge the season ahead. 

It will be a massively difficult  season whoever is manager .

If Mel changes manager that’s up to Mel .

I personally think Rooney and Rosenior are doing a god job with the younger players coming through and he has to rely on senior players doing the business as well .

Tactics are a thing but I personally thought we did ok yesterday until injury time. 

5 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Stretton's only just come into the team, what about the many games before then?

We were 1 up in the last minute but still lost, if you look at our stats for late goals conceded it's that terrible you can't keep putting it down to bad luck.

Yes the squad is bad, but it was/is good enough to do better than 1 win in 20 if you look at the other squads in the league. 

5 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I thought the snake stuff was pointless,he left for better money and prospects.

He left because he was told the budget was being slashed. He now works at Millwall where the budget is half of what he was told they were aiming for after his first season here. His "love" for the club didn't survive austerity.